It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel revives military option after Obama rejects its nuclear demands of Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Israel has withdrawn its pledge to US President Barack Obama not to strike Iran’s nuclear sites before the November presidential election after he rejected its minimal demands for nuclear negotiations with Iran.

Israel backs out of pledge to US

Here we go! I wonder how long it will be before a strike occurs? Thought I would share this.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

June 6th

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

June 6th

What makes you think it will happen then?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
During the Olympics.

"Hey everyone, look at these guys run fast. Aren't they awesome?"

"What? What's happening in Iran? Ah, nothing to concern you. Let's fill every news outlet with Olympics coverage"

"Wow! These girls can sure jump high"

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

We all know this is a ticking time bomb. If there is anything that would legitimately start another massive war, this would be it. the killing of arch duke ferdinand.

Although, i do think that israel is trying to start a fight with Iran. Netanyahu is just as insane as Ahmadinejad. What is the benefit to either country if military action happens?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The terrorist state of israel would NEVER outright attack a real established country.
Sure, they bomb these decimated and third world countries quite readily but to face an actual opponent forget it, that is where they call in the dogs and the US screams turrist, dubyaemdees.
Israel could not handle it's own REAL war by it'self, but I'd sure love to see them try it.
Someday we will see the terrorist state of israel fall, and this fat broken old man will dance in the street like a kid with an ice cream on the fourth of july.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theirtruthlies0806

Although, i do think that israel is trying to start a fight with Iran. Netanyahu is just as insane as Ahmadinejad. What is the benefit to either country if military action happens?

Netanyahu has nukes.

As for benefit? none really, but since an Israeli strike would drag the US into it, Israel would benefit yet again by having the US foot the bill (money and blood) and destroy another one of Israels perceived enemies.

A strike on Iran would drastically reduce the oil exports from the region, driving prices steadily higher, defense spending would be so over budget it would be impossible to contain....

Ya, fun all around.

But see, I just don't see Israel doing this unilaterally. What I fully expect is some event to be pinned on Iran as the pretext, they we will all applaud the IDF jets as they rain down hell on Iran and probably Gaza too, just cause.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theirtruthlies0806

We all know this is a ticking time bomb. If there is anything that would legitimately start another massive war, this would be it. the killing of arch duke ferdinand.

Some fundamentalists - perhaps of several religious ideologies - would answer the end times. Seems like they have been trying like heck to make it happen. And their influence on world geopolitics? None I'm sure.

edit on 24-5-2012 by luminosity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by luminosity

Therein lies the truth, some scream finally the end of the world, let's do this so we can meet our maker.
In the end we only end up killing off human lives and destroying a generation.
No messiah or aliens are coming to save us.
Once we figure this out, we might find a way to save ourselves.
I sure hope Russia and China get involved in this and the US decides to let the neighborhood bully get his nose bloodied, or bit off.
All of this war is gonna kill us.
And some idit claims that smoking is bad for me...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

The terrorist state of israel would NEVER outright attack a real established country

You may want to research that statement a little before making it. Kind of makes you look silly. You won't be taken seriously when making overtly false statements such as the one you just made.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

With all the talk of whether Israel will attack Iran, it is important to understand when Israel might feel it has no other choice but to act. Amos Yadlin, a former Israeli military intelligence chief, wrote in the New York Times that, "an Israeli strike against Iran would be a last resort, if all else failed to persuade Iran to abandon its nuclear weapons program. That moment of decision will occur when Iran is on the verge of shielding its nuclear facilities from a successful attack - what Israel's leaders have called the 'zone of immunity'."

Israel Likely to Strike Iran

Israel is definately not going to wait until it is "a last resort", Israel has just been chomping at the bit until they feel the time is right to strike. Interesting article though.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

June 6th

What makes you think it will happen then?

june 6th is D-Day

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Yeah, about that...
EVERY war israel always had US support.
The one where they bit off more than they could chew ended in 6 days.
Mostly because after the failed attempt at making a false flag on the US.
Even if people do not take me serious, they must take FACT serious, or they must admit they are deluded.
Remember the U.S.S LIBERTY.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Next round of Iran nuclear talks set for Moscow

European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton said both sides agreed to continue the discussions on June 18-19 in Moscow in hopes of a breakthrough on international concerns about the Islamic Republic's ability to build atomic weapons.

Next round of Iran nuclear talks set for Moscow

Well, let's see if Israel can hold of that long. I don't think anything will get resolved at those talks either, but its worth a shot.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

June 6th

May 26th 2012. Just prior to the return.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Frankly, Israel has been chafing at the USA's holding them back for quite a while. (Just as many anti-Israel things happen as pro-Israel things, when you look at what the outcome is of that specific event.)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Two days of intensive negotiations appear to demonstrate Iran and the world powers remain far apart on the most significant issue dividing them: uranium enrichment.

Another article regarding the failed talks between the leaders.

Talks Fail

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It doesn't matter that the "talks" failed. this was inevitable. its all just show boating at this point. Iran will not back down. And this #, do you think this was an accident or a system malfunction?

More than 20%...

Also, on may 10th, this bill was passed by our congress...
Unwavering and MANDATORY support of Israel

Its gonna start, and start SOON....

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yes, I started a thread about that as well a couple of hours ago. It is going to get real crazy real soon.

top topics

join