It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandads Last Wish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hey guys since I am a member here I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you.

Today is my Grandad's Birthday 23/05/12. I made this video to raise awareness for people living and fighting with cancer everyday and for people that have also lost loved ones to cancer.

My Grandad was told he had only a few months to live when he was Diagnosed with lung cancer back in June 2011, but he held on no matter what so that he could meet his Great Grandchild.

I will also be raising money for Cancer Research, Macmillan Cancer support and pilgrims hospices in memory of him.

Happy Birthday Gramps this is for you R.I.P x

edit on 23-5-2012 by Somethingintheclouds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Somethingintheclouds

A wonderful tribute to your Granddad there.
He looked to be quite the spirited individual.
The reaction when you told him that your son had been born was great.

Cancer is a nasty one, I've lost a couple of people to it so far. I won't give a penny to Cancer Research though. Macmillan do a good job though and are worthy of donations.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What a beautiful tribute to your dear Grandfather!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

A wonderful tribute to your Granddad there.
He looked to be quite the spirited individual.
The reaction when you told him that your son had been born was great.

Cancer is a nasty one, I've lost a couple of people to it so far. I won't give a penny to Cancer Research though. Macmillan do a good job though and are worthy of donations.

Thank you he was such a spirited individual, he never moaned when I looked after him but I knew he was in a lot of pain.

It was my sister that had the baby but thank you he fighted every last ounce to see my nephew.

It is a horrible thing when I look back on it it took him so fast from us. I mostly want to do my fund raising for Macmillan and the local hospice as the work they do right up until the end is outstanding.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

This is what I implied without saving. Macmillan nurses do good, practical and sometimes logistical work for patients, along with hospices and suchlike. There is a thread on ATS about Cancer Research and "where the money goes". I won't derail your thread with details but the picture does not look good.

I wish you much success with your charitable endeavours.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Ok thank you I think without the hospice support and Macmillan he would not have all the things that made his final hours comfortable the work they do as a charity is outstanding

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Lovely tribute to a fine man. I could see the smile in his eyes as he held his great-grandson. He's in a better place now and won't have to suffer any longer.
My father was diagnosed last November with stage 4 lung cancer. From December to February he was too ill to even go outside the house except to go to chemo. Right now he and my mother drove 200 miles to go to their favorite place in the mountains and go fishing. He's showing remarkable improvement!
I don't dare hope for him to be "cured", my only wish is that he not suffer for a long period of time.
Thank you for an inspiring tribute - he would be very proud of you but probably not want anyone to make a fuss over him.
Cheers,
Asktheanimals

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Lovely tribute to a fine man. I could see the smile in his eyes as he held his great-grandson. He's in a better place now and won't have to suffer any longer.
My father was diagnosed last November with stage 4 lung cancer. From December to February he was too ill to even go outside the house except to go to chemo. Right now he and my mother drove 200 miles to go to their favorite place in the mountains and go fishing. He's showing remarkable improvement!
I don't dare hope for him to be "cured", my only wish is that he not suffer for a long period of time.
Thank you for an inspiring tribute - he would be very proud of you but probably not want anyone to make a fuss over him.
Cheers,
Asktheanimals

Thank you he was a fighter and I really wanted to share the video to show people his amazing story of how he fought and also my heart goes out to every person living with cancer who has lost someone with cancer.

I am so sorry to hear about your father you never know how bad cancer is until a love one gets it my gramps was diagnosed with stage 4 also and its really hard.

I am glad he is showing some improvement. My granddad never suffered he was well looked after and he decided it was time to go a week after he met his great grandchild.

He would not of liked the fuss I don't think anyone from his era would but he and everyone that is fighting cancer and has died from cancer deserve it.

Thank you for your lovely comment.

Much love to you and your family x

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Thanks for your thoughts about my dad. I've never met a person more deserving of a miracle than him. I have never heard him speak ill of another person nor anyone speak badly of him. He has a smile for everyone he meets and was always willing to help someone even total strangers. There isn't a dog in the world he cannot befriend either (I kid you not).
I'm curious about the salute from your grand dad. Was he in the service? Do you know anything about what he did there?
Cheers,
ATA

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thanks for your thoughts about my dad. I've never met a person more deserving of a miracle than him. I have never heard him speak ill of another person nor anyone speak badly of him. He has a smile for everyone he meets and was always willing to help someone even total strangers. There isn't a dog in the world he cannot befriend either (I kid you not).
I'm curious about the salute from your grand dad. Was he in the service? Do you know anything about what he did there?
Cheers,
ATA

You are very welcome. Your father sounds like a lovely man.

My Grandad was a special and amazing man (a gentleman) he was one of the "old school" taking pride in his appearance - never going out without looking smart well shaven and dressed in a shirt and tie.

He was always respect of others. His family were extremely important to him and he had this incredible way when he spoke to anyone of making them feel special.

He was a great storyteller and had so many stories to tell.

My Grandad did national service just after the war and was art of the Royal Engineers and also worked for the Royal Corps of Commissioners

The salute is something we did together when I filmed him

He loved his life and would enjoy spending time with the family watching his favourite sports on television or maybe even a horror film or two!

He was a bit of a joker and a cheeky chap but always respectful and always polite. It is sad not having him around I miss him everyday he was like my best friend.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

s

Thanks for sharing a bit about the kind of man he was.
It makes your tribute all the more special.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

s

Thanks for sharing a bit about the kind of man he was.
It makes your tribute all the more special.

You are most welcome I hope to do some more tributes and fund raising for him and others. . . . Thank you for sharing too.

Much love x

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thank you for everyones comment it really means so much to me x

top topics

join