It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Required to Spend $20 Million Advertising ObamaCare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Link

But maybe a new $20 million ad campaign will succeed where previous messaging efforts have failed? Health and Human Services Director Kathleen Sebelius has her fingers crossed: According to PR Week, marketing firm Porter Novelli — the ad wizards that gave us both the USDA food pyramid and the Truth antismoking campaign — has won a $20 million contract to promote the law through a multimedia advertising blitz. The campaign will “inform the American people about the many preventive benefits now available to those with Medicare, Medicaid, and private health insurance as a result of the Affordable Care Act,” an HHS official told the trade publication.

You can’t pin this campaign on desperation because it’s required by the health law itself. According to The Hill, “The campaign was mandated by the Affordable Care Act and must describe the importance of prevention while also explaining preventive benefits provided by the healthcare law.” How convenient: The law’s authors set aside $20 million to advertise the law’s benefits during an election year. Don't like the existence of the campaign? Don't blame the folks in the Obama administration: They had to do it.

I understand in the grand scheme of government waste $20 million is a drop in the bucket, but it pisses me off to no end that they'll be using our tax dollars to fund something most of America is against

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Maybe you should link this to the obama's achievement page www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder how much they will be required to spend once the propaganda laws are repealed
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thanks op star and flag

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Even more interesting.... Look at who is getting this lucrative contract.. Competitive bidding my arse!

Another Obama Crony and Obama campaign surrogate

The contract went to Porter Novelli in what The Hill reports as “a competitive bidding process.” The result of this “competitive bidding process” just coincidentally dropped $20 million into the lap of … a former “on-air surrogate of the Obama for America campaign,”

The story notes that the public relations firm Porter Novelli “won the contract after a competitive bidding process.” Interestingly, the managing director of Porter Novellis’ Washington D.C. office is Catherine “Kiki” McLean — a true “D.C. insider,” according to her bio.

Indeed she is. Among her other accomplishments, McLean’s bio also notes she was “an on-air surrogate for the Obama for America campaign.”

Furthermore, we recently discovered the $6 million contract dished out to Obama buddy Eric Whitaker

This comes on the heels of the revelation that another HHS contract, this one for almost $6 million, went to another Obama crony, Eric Whitaker, at the University of Chicago medical center at which Michelle Obama used to draw a six-figure salary. Whitaker also turned out to be the crony that allegedly tried to pay off Jeremiah Wright in 2008, according to Wright himself. Why, if these bids didn’t go through a “competitive bid process,” one might be tempted to look at them as payoffs, eh?

Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours says Obama to the bundler...

hotair.com...

Their are millions in paybacks all poised for distribution and all relying on Obamacare. Obama will fight to the death to save it into his "next term" By then it will be too late!! Stop this madness NOW!!

What more do we need to see in order for people to see the Crony Capitalism game that Obama continues to perpetuate. He has not changed a damn thing.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh no worries folks Media Matters has got them covered!!!

Doesn't matter how much they spend to put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
After awhile that budget will be diverted to public awareness announcements regarding where to report for your mandatory tests and government required vaccinations. Of course the micro-chipping will be a part of this as well. Line up folks, it is all for the public's best interests. We must keep everyone safe.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Just craziness, absolute madness.

top topics

join