It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Man Is MAD, And He Is On A Mission.[MAD]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
He turned off the television and looked around the room. The large photograph of the flag raising on Iwo Jima by the US Marines during WWII caught his eye. For years he had looked at this photo with pride. For years he thought he was carrying on their honor, and upholding the true nature of the Marine Corps Warrior tradition. A warrior who fights for freedom, and fights for the people of his nation. He once thought that maybe one day there would be an iconic, and heroic portrait of the war he fought in, that someone would look upon as he does that famous photo of Iwo. For years he thought he was doing the right and just things in life.

For some time now he had been busting down his pride and allowing the true nature of the world and the wars sink in. He had been breaking free from the control of the mainstream and of the government. He had come to learn many terrible truths about why he fought the war and of terrible things happening by the government. After learning these things he looked back, and saw the inhumanity of the war he fought and of the terrorist he had been forced to become. For some time he had been feeling ashamed and downright depressed, for some of the things he had done now felt so evil and to him. He had realized that he had witnessed the horrors of a war that should not have happened. He realized he was duped into abandoning the citizens and falling to the way of the elite. He had realized the propaganda that had washed over his mind was directed to control him.

He became uncomfortable with the fact that he was raised in a country that glorifies war. A country that constantly interferes with the affairs of other countries, while it's own citizens suffer on the streets of the cities and towns. He felt sorrow for the people who's lives had been so affected by the war he fought. He thought about the children who were killed, and those who's families were destroyed. He looked over at the trunk that he knew contained his medals and his war memorabilia. He had not opened the trunk in some time due to the pain that rushed through him when he looked at the rewards he was given for his actions in an unjust war. Once he felt pride to have them, but now all they represent is a reminder of the pain he has caused others and the horrors he will have to live with. He lowered his head and wept for the victims of his war, and for those on both sides who's lives were destroyed because of it.

The news anchor had flipped a switch in him. After he wept and thought about his past he felt a rush of anger run through him. He stood up and walked outside into the street. He walked the three miles to the town hall where the weekly meeting was taking place. When he got there he barged right in and blazed toward the front of the room. Seeing the pain and seriousness in his eyes, the woman with the microphone handed it to him promptly. He took the MIC and looked around at his fellow citizens in the room. Most he knew and most knew him. They surly did not expect to hear what he was about to say.

"I'm Mad As Hell, And I'm Not Gonna Take It Anymore. I'm mad that our country is ran by elites who care nothing for the common man. I'm mad that the government wants to control your every move and by the means they use in which to justify such actions. I'm mad that the government starts unconstitutional wars by duping the masses with false flag attacks. I'm mad that the government has everyone so scared that they are serving up their individual freedoms on a platter. I'm mad that the warriors of this nation have been duped into doing the dirty work of the elite all under the name of the War on Terror. I'm mad that I am looked at as a hero by those who wish to hide from the truth. Most of you in here know me. Most of you have thanked me for fighting the war. Most of you are heavily under the control of the governments by walking the party line and rolling with the herds, and for that I am Mad as Hell."

"Wake up people, it's time for you all to get mad." "If I can stomp out my pride to learn the higher truths than so can you. I am no hero. I have done evil things. I never fought for your freedoms and for that I am truly sorry. From here on out I will fight for the American citizen and no one else. I will begin tonight and I will not stop until a changing of the guard arrives. I will go from town to town and city to city telling the truth and gathering support. I don't care how long it takes or if I die trying but I will see the truth be told and the punishment of the elite. Our world can be great for all. Our nation can and will prosper again. But no longer shall war be an industry for America. We must fix our homeland, and protect our constitution.

I once swore an oath to support and defend the constitution of the united states against all enemies foreign and domestic, and I intend to keep that oath. I owe it to every American to do what I can. I will never be forgiven for my sins of war nor should I be, but I can be a true warrior for the people as I thought I once was. I am now armed with the knowledge I need to open the minds of the weak and weary. Today is the beginning of a new America.

Any and all who wish to join me on my pilgrimage across the country are free to do so. The more who come and spread the message the better. I understand the difficulties in accepting what I have said here tonight but that is the first obstacle on the way to your personal freedom. I hope to see at least a few of you there when I leave tonight. I will be leaving from Veterans Park at 9pm. I am going to travel my journey on foot so if you wish to come pack light. I am sorry for interrupting your meeting in the manner that I have but I felt it must be done. I love you all and I hope to see you again some day after my journey is complete and we are basking in true freedom and liberty. Farewell."

As he walked out the people in the room came to their feet and began to applaud him. As he walked out he wondered was it just a show, or did he truly have an effect on the people. He hurried home to grab his pack and get ready to hit the road. He looked forward to this journey and thought it may just be his penance for his actions in the war. It knew it wouldn't make them right, but he knew it would help him deal with it in his own mind.

When he walked around the corner and saw the crowd standing in the park he was flabbergasted. He felt joy in his heart knowing he had gotten through to so many. There were also 25 people who wished to join him on his journey. He now held hope in his heart that they would be successful and accomplish the impossible goal ahead. They all said their goodbyes and headed west in the direction of the next town. If they hurried they would be able to catch the town festival and maybe gather more followers.

As they walked down the road the most beautiful sunset was occurring on the horizon. It was a beacon of hope for the weary travelers on their way into the unknown. Nobody knows how successful they will be or what they may accomplish, but one things for sure. Their leader is a US Marine, and Marines don't quit. Semper fi.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just a little disclaimer: Some of the ideas and thoughts and emotions contained in this story come from my heart so please be gentle on me. There is so much more I wish to say but I think I might write one with a little different twist. Anyway I hope you all enjoy it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

TO: The Marine- Thank you for protecting our country!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I must say that you played like a warrior.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well written soldier and straight from the heart.

Good job.

top topics

join