It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Bans Twitter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I just thought I would share this. This is absolutely crazy. The people of Pakistan barely have food, or homes, yet the government is worried about twitter. It is ok to let terrorists train and live in your country, but you better not let anybody see twitter.

Pakistan's government on Sunday morning blocked the social media website Twitter, saying the micro-blogging platform refused to remove blasphemous content against Islam.

Pakistan bans Twitter

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I just thought I would share this. This is absolutely crazy. The people of Pakistan barely have food, or homes, yet the government is worried about twitter. It is ok to let terrorists train and live in your country, but you better not let anybody see twitter.

Pakistan's government on Sunday morning blocked the social media website Twitter, saying the micro-blogging platform refused to remove blasphemous content against Islam.

Pakistan bans Twitter

Good for Twitter for supporting the right to free speech.

Can't have free speech nazi's telling us what we can and cannot talk about. That road leads to communism since Islam is a muslim's ultimate form of government called Sharia Law. When goverments start telling you what you can talk about and what is off limits to talk about, buckle your seat belt because you've just become communist.
edit on 20-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
oh well, guess who is going to be on anons hit list...ermm..perhaps Pakistan...

Censoring twitter is about as dumb as driving a ferrari through an off road track... you simply cannot do it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Great, if these idiots just want to show off how much their religion is incompatible with modern time, I say let them do it. At some point they will figure out that their beliefs are ridiculous, I mean, they have to...otherwise there is something seriously wrong with them.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Seems the ban was rescinded only 8 hours after it was implemented.

Pakistani authorities have restored access to the social media website Twitter, hours after blocking it for messages deemed "offensive to Islam". No clear reason was given for the ban, which came into force shortly after Interior Minister Rehman Malik said there were no plans to block Twitter.

Source

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Twitter only supports free speech when it benefits them. Say something against them or the truth that they don't like they will ban you.

join