It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO In Forest Lake, Brisbane, Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Filmed in - Forest Lake, Brisbane, QLD, Australia (Uploaded Nov 27, 2010)

I have no idea what it is, could it be some sparkly, fire candle thing where it stays in the air? I wanna know lol. I've never seen anything like that in the air floating.

The camera guy sounds so funny and quite genuine lol. On his youtube channel he doesn't seem to be into aliens or ufos, just some regular aussie teen.

edit on 20-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
looks like fire. Definitely doesn't look like any legitimate UFO sightings like in Arizona. This is from the youtube comments: That was the last F-111 Dump and Burn over Ipswich for the Carols by Candle light

Also vid is like a year old.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
looks like fire. Definitely doesn't look like any legitimate UFO sightings like in Arizona. This is from the youtube comments: That was the last F-111 Dump and Burn over Ipswich for the Carols by Candle light

Also vid is like a year old.

You do know that comment was a joke right? Do you even know what an F-111 Dump and Burn is?

F-111 dump and burn

AND so what if its 1 year old, and how does 'FIRE' just float like that?

edit on 20-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
At first, I thought I was looking at a street lamp.
Wow was that thing bright.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I have no idea what that could be. If it was that bright watching it on video, it was probably twice as bright if you were there watching it in person

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cybersk8er

Police Helicopter?

If not, whatever the case, it's another one of those ambiguous lights in the sky.
Ambiguous light in the sky?

Meh.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Forest lake is about 8-10km from archerfield airport, I worked between both places and have seen all manner of lights coming and going from that airport, nothing special here, except the guy recording the video.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I believe what we are seeing is a Jet from RAAF Amberly doing a Dump N Burn , probably over the Brisbane River festival 2010 .
Amberly is 40 km from Forest Lake .

Riverfire organiser Jono Perry has promised a fitting farewell for the soon-to-be decommissioned F-111s as they perform their final iconic dump and burn.
www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

Here's another video of the " UFO " ...... Or Jet .

edit on 20-5-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I believe what we are seeing is a Jet from RAAF Amberly doing a Dump N Burn , probably over the Brisbane River festival 2010 .
Amberly is 40 km from Forest Lake .

Riverfire organiser Jono Perry has promised a fitting farewell for the soon-to-be decommissioned F-111s as they perform their final iconic dump and burn.
www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

Here's another video of the " UFO " ...... Or Jet .

edit on 20-5-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

You wouldn't see the dump n burn at the river fire event, not from forest lake.

If this was a dump n burn from the amberley airbase.. Yeah possibly.

I still believe its a plane landing at archerfield, or a helicopter. I have seen it hundreds of times.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

By the way it flickers I'm thinking some sort of flame.

BTW only like 3% of Australians are this "special" lol "ey oh my hawd come ova here *whistles* *yoohoo's?" lol" but my god they are entertaining 0o XD.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Dont think its a plane (def not a f111 they were phased out in 2010) Looks like some sort of floating fireball....wierd

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I find it more interesting how many times he said the word f*** than I do the video

And.....'what noise' is he talking about. He said 'do you hear it'? Hear what? Like a helicopter propeller maybe?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I like your dump n burn theory

But what's the point of that? I mean...when not in an emergency situation? Practice? Theatrics?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
hahaha! Love the camera guy!
Cracks me up!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Theatrics. they used to do it with a f111 as a finale to the local air show Last done in 2009 i believe

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I hope the above pic works, because it will prove 100% that it was indeed a Pig.

Pig = F-111
Dump & Burn = Best party trick ever! And typically mistaken for a UFO!

Just before their official retirement the F-111s from RAAF Base Amberley said a final farewell and thank you to the city of Ipswich (20 kms directly west of Forest Lake NOT 40kms) with a Dump & Burn. As the above photo will show, its been taken in a long time lapse exposure. Which clearly shows the same circular path seen in the youtube video ending with a vertical departure and turning off the fuel dump valve and retarding the throttles out of full afterburner.

I watched this particular D&B from Amberley itself, only about 2-3 kms from Ipswich and my view from there was identical to that of the youtube video. This one was unique because it wasnt just a straight pass and climb to 25 000ft like all the others, it was a very tight orbit, one which mustve been a hell of alot of fun for the aircrew! And to be honest with time-lapse, absolutely stunning!

Whoever said that you couldnt see the Dump & Burns for Riverfire in Brisbane from Forest Lake is kidding themselves. Perhaps if you werent inside you might have witnessed it, as people from over 100kms away (Sunshine Coast down to the Gold Coast) would always call up the radio stations to brag that they could see it from that far away.

As for the Aussie teen heard in the video? I only hear a stereotype kiwi who's clearly beached az in Forest Lake brew!

On a side note ive always been curious about what impression the rest of the world had during the Sydney Olympics Closing Ceremony when the olympic flame was 'extinguished' and 'leapt' into the air above the stadium and headed off towards athens at 500kts and a climb rate of about 40 000ft/min

join