It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ball of Fire over Peru (Just saw it on the news)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wait. Let me get the lowest quality camera I can find.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by charlyv
A well know phenomena, but totally explainable. It is a contrail,

Well then. you should have no problem posting another example of a contrail that looks like that

Waiting...

Ok,

South Wales, last year. In media as meteor, but analyzed as a contrail in the environment I posted.

Note that reddish hues are caused by low atmospheric , side looking, usually 5 miles or lower. Real meteor trails are very high, 100 down to 20 or so miles, and are usually white, as they are not perturbed by looking sideways into the atmosphere, and have direct sunlight illuminating them (usually).

Here is what a real meteor looks like, as it has traveled 100 miles into the atmosphere, this smoke trail extends from 100 miles to approximately 40 miles above earth. It was a meteor seen to fall in Sweden, 2 years ago.

The famous Yukon fall that produced chunks on the ground, another rare carbonaceous chondrite, Tagish Lake.
It is an exception, photographed through earth atmosphere, which did color it rather redish where the sun had illuminated it.

edit on 20-5-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 20-5-2012 by charlyv because: clarity

edit on 20-5-2012 by charlyv because: added content

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I guess. But those images all have distinct tails. The TP video is more like a glowing ball. Very light tail if there at all. I'm not ruling out a contrail as you suggest but the pictures you posted and the image in the video don't match.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Massive asteroid. Never seen one during the day. Nice find.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

They really do. There are so many contrails that do not have large tails, and some that do. Actually, the absence of a tail is a dead giveaway that it is a contrail, as a meteor can never come in to the atmosphere without one.

Also, within seconds, the tails twist into these swirly patterns because of the high atmospheric winds. There does not exist a picture of a meteorite tail that is straight unless the picture caught the meteor while it was actually in flight. Try and find one.

Here is a small contrail, in close up. From ground perspective, probably as big as what was in the original OP picture.

edit on 20-5-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 20-5-2012 by charlyv because: more content

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join