It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural News cites EU Times as a credible source aka Sorcha Faal strikes again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Although I don't frequent the Natural News site all that much, I do get their emails.
I've seen the way they rely on hysteria and fear mongering and not a whole lot of
rationality. And being a cancer patient myself I suppose I resent all of the
woo woo medicine they promote on that site. I just never got around to
unsubscribing...until now. What moved me to take action? I was just floored
when I saw one of the recent headlines:

]Forty million Japanese in 'extreme danger' of life-threatening radiation poisoning, mass evacuations likely

According to a recent report by EUTimes.net, Japanese authorities have indicated that as many as 40 million Japanese people are in "extreme danger" of radiation poisoning, and many eastern cities, including Tokyo, may have to be evacuated in the next few weeks or months to avoid extreme radiation poisoning.

Source

We all know the situation in Japan is serious indeed. But this kind of fear-mongering/hysteria-
inducing garbage coupled with the citing of a known hoax site as a credible source..well,
let's just say I'm getting another wake-up call about the vast amount of disinformation on the
internet and how it spreads.

If that wasn't enough, you have to log into Facebook to leave a comment. Now
I don't do Facebook so of course I couldn't leave a comment pointing out this
obvious misuse of the facts. But having to log into FB to leave a comment means this kind
of disinfo will spread even faster.

I dug a little deeper and found out the owner of the site, Mike Adams is an ex-Scientology
member still promoting....you guessed it! Scientology. I've been doing a ton of research
into the study of mind control these past few months and have learned quite a bit about
Scientology and have read numerous accounts of people who have escaped from that
cult after being enslaved for years. Never mind Lord Zenu and the other weird sh*t they're into.
So I guess it's no surprise someone like that would own a site like Natural News.
If EU Times belongs in the hoax bin, perhaps Natural News does as well.

This is probably not news to a lot of members here. Me, I guess I'm still catching up.

Sorry, mods, this probably belongs in the Rant section. Move it if you need to.

edit on 18-5-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I've never heard Mike Adams talk about scientology nor ever push it. He mostly pushes health issues being the, "health ranger".

As for Sorcha Faal, it's one thing to disprove the topic at hand as opposed to a generalized disproving based on previous known hoaxes. Example: if i say "wtc 7 was taken down by controlled demolition, therefore wtc 1 and 2 were also taken down by controlled demolition", one could say that was a fastidious argument. So, why is it any different if someone says "sorcha faal said one hoax, therefore they are all hoaxes."

Another thing to keep in mind is that if Sorcha Faal is putting out known hoaxes, the question is WHY, instead of having a conversation about it, each and every thread is put into the hoax bin and therefore conversation is stiffled.

Consider this: sorcha faal poisons the pot by mixing truth with half truth. Rather than sorting through this mess to find the kernels of truth, the whole thing is hoaxed and further conversation becomes nonexistent due to the fact that people don't realize that the hoax section has the most interesting topics, instead people trust in the "authority" ats to think for them.

Perhaps this post deserves to be in the rant section as well. As for the claim of forty million japanese, who knows maybe it s worse than that, but because sorcha "fail" said it I guees japan s full of sunshine and lollipops now. Catch my drift?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This is always too funny, because it doesn't matter really what source you go to for your information, some are more b.s. than others, yes, but lumping it all in as fake or hoax doesn't really make any sense.

If we're going to start automatically throwing things in hoax, why don't we start throwing fox news and cbs reports in there as well? Its all the same lies and garbage anyways, just a different end of the spectrum of lies. There is truth to be found in every piece of information, its up to -you- to find it. Most of the information we are exposed to is lies, our history, our news outlets, TV and etc.

The only thing that doesn't lie is Math, Math is an absolute. Even science is filled with lies. Perhaps not at the level that we see it, but in the higher echelons of the scientific community, there are many lies taking place. Like destroying reputations of scientists who work on certain types of technology. (plasma battery, free energy, anti-grav).

The truth is out there, but throwing things into hoax based on one factor is like throwing out a whole block of cheese when only the very end is dried out. Or throwing out a loaf of bread because it has a heel.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The problem with EUTimes is that it mixes fact with BS. As does Sorcha Faal (pointed out in an earlier post). That said Sorcha Faal is mostly BS. So it's 'natural' to scrutinise All Natural News carefully and take some of their stories with a pinch of salt (sea salt no caking agents of course )

BTW I have ghostery installed on my machine and it detected 11 trackers on the EU Times site.
edit on 18-5-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Who is Sorcha Faal again?

I'm just unfamiliar of who she is.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

I'm just unfamiliar of who she is.

Google?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
All information (almost) is truth mixed with lies.
Its all in the same boat.
Some people lie more than others, but its all truth-lies

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Citing a website that has been proven time and time again as a hoax site like it's credible is just
flat out irresponsible.
Give me one example of EU Times telling the truth and I will show you 50 lies from the same source.

Sorcha Faal Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth

SORCHA FAAL AKA DAVID BOOTH IS A WELL KNOWN DISINFORMATION AGENT

Just FYI, Christopher Story outed Sorcha Faal as a CIA disinfo agent... Scroll down to the footnotes and you'll see her site is registered by CIA headquarters.

Just put Sorcha Faal into the ATS search engine and see what comes up. And when your
done with that, Google it.
Sorry, I think this is just BS that I should even have to argue the point.

DENY IGNORANCE
edit on 18-5-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

top topics

join