It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Deja Vu? How Often? Constantly?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ever since I can remember (pun?) I have had Deja Vu. I can count on at least one really intense episode every week, and usually it is more than once a week. I have heard many, many different theories as to what Deja Vu is, but with all the Deja Vu I get, I don't think there is one explanation that can explain every instance. I have heard that it can be caused by your eyes moving at different speeds, resulting in an image being received twice by your brain, causing you to feel like you've seen it twice. I've heard about temporal lobe epilepsy, reincarnation and dreamscapes causing such feelings.

Lately, I have had almost near constant Deja Vu, which has caused me to think about it and analyze my life closer than ever before. So, what is going on? Is there something wrong with me? I've been relaxing, eating well, exercising, and doing everything I can to make sure I am healthy, save my nicotine addiction. And yet, the Deja Vu does not cease.

I have even decided to start reading again, and within the pages of these books by others I have never read who write books I have never researched, still I get Deja Vu. In my mind I know I have never seen, read or heard these things before, yet the feeling that I have done this before remains.

After the thought of a brain tumor, the thought that really worries me is that we as humans, or at least myself, pretty much do the same things over and over again, Nay, not the same things, but the same manner in which we did things before, causing the mind to flashback to similar circumstances. It is like every year we just repeat the things we did last year, or the manners in which we did something.

Does ANYONE have any ideas or help? I am in the most uncharted territory I have been in my life, and yet, I feel more than ever that I have done this before. Even when I get bored, I feel like I have been that bored before. Am I getting older? Cynical? Set in my ways? GAH. It so awe inspiring and scary sometimes...
edit on 17-5-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

I have Deja Vu constantly... I wish there was more understanding to the reasons why people have it.. It honestly takes my back each and every time it happens... Just very very weird...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Even right now, I feel like I have made this thread before, but after looking through my history, I have not, nor have I replied to a thread in this manner.

I really feel like maybe something is telling me to do something different, like move away to Venezuela or some random country, or to do something I KNOW I have never done before. Apparently this doesn't work with literature though...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'm not sure if there is a correlation between your deja vu and some unknown message to telling you to move away... I just think it comes down to people having a very active imagination/brain and the result of that is deja vu and things similar to that... Question, do you dream a lot? Do you remember your dreams? Do you ever live out your dreams?
edit on 17-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I daja vu all the time, also the weidest thing to ever happen to me in that aspect, was having a mundane dream about work, me and the boss having a convo, and also hanging clothes on a rail, in the dream the boss dropped a hanger, we both went for it at the same time, after she cracked a funny joke....

A week later the exact same sequence of events happened, I knew
Exactly what she was going to say before she did !!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
Ever since I can remember (pun?) I have had Deja Vu. I can count on at least one really intense episode every week, and usually it is more than once a week. I have heard many, many different theories as to what Deja Vu is, but with all the Deja Vu I get, I don't think there is one explanation that can explain every instance. I have heard that it can be caused by your eyes moving at different speeds, resulting in an image being received twice by your brain, causing you to feel like you've seen it twice. I've heard about temporal lobe epilepsy, reincarnation and dreamscapes causing such feelings.

Lately, I have had almost near constant Deja Vu, which has caused me to think about it and analyze my life closer than ever before. So, what is going on? Is there something wrong with me? I've been relaxing, eating well, exercising, and doing everything I can to make sure I am healthy, save my nicotine addiction. And yet, the Deja Vu does not cease.

I have even decided to start reading again, and within the pages of these books by others I have never read who write books I have never researched, still I get Deja Vu. In my mind I know I have never seen, read or heard these things before, yet the feeling that I have done this before remains.

After the thought of a brain tumor, the thought that really worries me is that we as humans, or at least myself, pretty much do the same things over and over again, Nay, not the same things, but the same manner in which we did things before, causing the mind to flashback to similar circumstances. It is like every year we just repeat the things we did last year, or the manners in which we did something.

Does ANYONE have any ideas or help? I am in the most uncharted territory I have been in my life, and yet, I feel more than ever that I have done this before. Even when I get bored, I feel like I have been that bored before. Am I getting older? Cynical? Set in my ways? GAH. It so awe inspiring and scary sometimes...

I, too, have constant deja vu, and it has become more regular and much stronger over the past year, for whatever reason. What has really changed, though, is that during a "normal" deja vu episode before the past year, I could never place the feeling, why I thought it to be familiar. Now, however, it is like the deja vu moment stretches and I can actually pinpoint why I feel that way. i am a lucid dreamer and for me, it is like remembering that I have dreamt a dream sequence before and even how many times, which is the sensation I now get with deja vu, if that makes sense.

When I was a teenager or in my 20s, I had read that deja vu was caused by your brain processing information slower than the rate the information is being taken in, sort of like a brain hiccup. However, after studying psychology, I learned that that isn't so.

I do wonder why it has become stronger and I think it has to do with heightened awareness or something. I know that sounds weird, but in the same amount of time, a year or so, I have also become extremely adept at lucid dreaming, though I don't even try. Along with these things, I have experienced an astounding number of synchronicities. I think they're all related simply because there is some part of my brain that is processing information in a different way now. I don't have any health conditions, brain tumors, etc., but something's definitely changing.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It will happen to me roughly once every 3 months. The weird part is I know right when it's gonna start (kind of a oh crap, here it comes) and even though I know what's going to happen next I can't say anything about it. Not sure if it's because I'm astonished or the universe stopping a time-paradox before it happens

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've been having it constantly for the last year as well. Started sometime around the end of May.

I just want to know what it is, it's always there and will randomly get worse which interferes with a lot in my life.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

I'm not sure if there is a correlation between your deja vu and some unknown message to telling you to move away... I just think it comes down to people having a very active imagination/brain and the result of that is deja vu and things similar to that... Question, do you dream a lot? Do you remember your dreams? Do you ever live out your dreams?
edit on 17-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure exactly how to respond to you question, so correct me if what I say is not what you wanted to hear.

I do have an active imagination, and it is an imagination that makes me ponder things I have not pondered before. Then there are my dreams. I dream regularly, though many times I have dreams with the same feel and setting. Some may call them recurring dreams, but they are not always the same dream, they just start out the same way, which is where I am either exploring a jungle type environment or an old, leaky house. I usually find myself exploring the place for most of the dream, where it then turns into a relatively normal dream. I remember them quite often, and I also lucid dream quite often, to the extent that people cannot relate. My dreams are also things that cannot be lived out, as the environments are not exactly what you would call earthly, or something I would call familiar, and the situations are not normal everyday activities. I never dream dream of my day to day routines.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
I remember them quite often, and I also lucid dream quite often, to the extent that people cannot relate. My dreams are also things that cannot be lived out, as the environments are not exactly what you would call earthly, or something I would call familiar, and the situations are not normal everyday activities. I never dream dream of my day to day routines.

This is word for word what I have been experiencing as well...

Every time I go to sleep. (Bold added for extra emphasis)

For example, I had a dream about a week or two ago where I was in a firefight with an enemy of some sort and got shot in the chest. I felt pain, but I did not wake up, instead kept going with a sucking chest wound... Also have many dreams where I make myself fly, I even remember the thought process, I was completely lucid...

Just my additional $0.02...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Im so glad you made this post, everything you and other posters have said i also have been experiencing. i have been having de ja vu - de ja reve - lucid dreams - visions, for quite a few years and increasing in intensity all the time

it's 3:15 am here and i need to take my time to correctly word what i want to say so that it makes sense, so i will come back tomorrow.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I've had deja vu myself and requently. Recently it was a feeling that was so strong i was willing to put money on the fact that that event happened before. As i think about

I got a question for everyone. Have your feelings of deja vu gotten stronger lately?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Yeah that happened to me, I was at work too and manage to tell a a person what they where going to do. And it was nothing special it was just some ordinary movement, so I don't know why I Deja vu'd that moment.

Also as I have gotten older my Daja vu has changed from the trip like surreal moment you are mesmerized by to just like a memory of something about to happen...but it still is a premonition of what's about to happen like daja vu. Once it lasted for about five minutes, as I was watching a live stream I said to my girlfriend omg I have seen this before "he is about to say he needs new shoes" and she will say this, bla bla and I was spot on for about five minutes. My gf thought I was playing a prank her at the time, but it had the little red live light on the stream so it could only be live.

OP yeah the one eye taking in info faster that the other seems to have failed as and explanation these days as blind people also have daja vu

reporter.leeds.ac.uk...

Also this guy thinks he can explain what daja vu really is, see what you think?

forum.davidicke.com...
edit on 17-5-2012 by AsuspiciousMANappears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I VuDa Je. It's the feeling that I've never ever done this ever before.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Feeling like I've done this before?

All the time. Most everything I do is the same thing, day in, day out.

Where dreams come true that are novel experiences?

Roughly every year or so.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Jamais Vu?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

if you move here to Venezuela you will live a horrible life, please don't.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
serendip.brynmawr.edu...

"Another explanation for déjà vu is that there is a slight malfunctioning between the long and short-term memory circuits of the brain. Somehow, specific information shortcuts its way from short to long-term memory storage, bypassing the usual mechanisms used for storage transfer. The details concerning this shortcut are not yet well understood. When this new, recent piece of information is drawn upon, the person thinks that the piece is coming from long-term storage and so must have come from the distant past (6). "

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I had deja vu the other day and it's the longest it has ever lasted, about 30 seconds. I've always tried to come up with a reason for this happening.

What I've come up with is that during a deja vu event, what is happening is very similar to an event that happened in the past. Therefore causing your brain to associate what is happening with an event that previously happened. So your brain is having a problem differentiating the two events, causing you to think you've lived this moment previously.

What do you think?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i was going to make a similar post, i have deja vu constantly but i've already figured out that its simply you do not forget your dreams , you may let them slip off when you wake up but in the back of your head the images you've seen in your dreams are still there and you'll experience it when it happens for sure, just be careful about changing what you've seen, i can tell you from personal experience that there is an equivalent exchange in all of this, say for instance you've seen your own death for example and try avoiding it, someone else will definitely pay that price for you. if you'd like to really hear my deepest theories on this matter feel free to msg me, i used to have it as a kid every once in a while but it's picked up in really the last 2 years to the rate in which my family is freaked out by the accuracy of my predictions. just don't abuse it or your body is going to pay the price if you get a handle on how to make it happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join