It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared Of Radiation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There's a couple of things you can do!

For the people that don't have time to watch these vids.

It basically says vitamine C is very powerfull in PREVENTING radiation damage.

Thought some of you might want to know.

I'm scared #less by the Fukushima disaster so i find some comfort in this.

It's also sad to see how the people of Japan were left in the dark.

The government basically told them; avoid the radiation and that's that.

Shamefull.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I take vitamin A, B12, C, D, E, Niacin and Zinc on a daily basis. Vitamin C helps with free radicals because it is considered an anti-oxidant. Good informing thread OP.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
good job I take 5,000mg or 5 grams of it daily, spread out over the course of the day to prevent unabsorbed vitamin C from exiting the body. the body can only absorb so much at a time so a continues supply to the body will guarantee the body gets the most it can.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My Daughter is a research scientist, works for the government. They moved her, and her whole lab, from the West Coast to the East Coast this past 6 months....

All I can say is....I sure am glad.

Des

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
me too, i beleive everything i read on the internet, so i bought a full on rad suit.
my neighbours wont be laughing when their dog has two heads!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I believe you also need to take Iodine so that your bodies receptors are already full of natural iodine when the radioactive iodine tries to attach.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I take amino acid chelates. Used to eat seaweed for iodine, but that irradiated now. Just waiting fo rthe superpowers to start kicking in.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Apparently, a tinfoil hat works to prevent them reading your thoughts, too.

The damage done by ionizing radiation punches sub-molecular holes through our biochemistry.

The best protection is shielding and limitation of exposure, not dietary supplements.

edit on 17/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not really scared of any coming radiation. Looking forward to the extra set of arms.

And the Godzillaism that comes with it.
edit on 17-5-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
First of all, please prove that you are in any danger from radiation. Here's a real time radiation map which shows radiation levels to be perfectly normal. Indeed, they are basically lower on the west coast than the east coast.

The poster who suggested his neighbor might have a dog with two heads actually is on the right track. No dog is going to sprout an extra head. If there is radiation damage to the dog and he reproduces, then there MIGHT be damage to his offspring several years down the road.

If there really is excess radiation on the west coast because of Japan, by all means take your precautions. But the fact is there is absolutely no evidence this is the case. Perhaps you should consider saving your fear for a real threat. It's less stressful for you that way.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

No need to be condescending when you didn't watch the vids.

Furthermore i agree it's best to avoid radiation, but what do you do when you can't?

Or should we just dig a hole and continue civilized life there, for millions of years, waiting for the radiation to die out?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

A lot of sources stating otherwise.

I'll dig em up tomorrow as i'm in bed now.

If there really is excess radiation on the west coast because of Japan, by all means take your precautions. But the fact is there is absolutely no evidence this is the case. Perhaps you should consider saving your fear for a real threat. It's less stressful for you that way.

What do you consider a real threat?

Imo Fukushima is a real threat, much more real then all of them terrorists/nefarious aliens/ ghosts/economic collapses combined.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
me too, i beleive everything i read on the internet, so i bought a full on rad suit.
my neighbours wont be laughing when their dog has two heads!

ETA: no comment. You are truly clueless. No. [Refer to the last 10 theads you've posted on]

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this information. I also admire your 5 to 1 ratio in posts vs. stars, this indicates that you bring very insightful info to this site so thank you for that as well.

Now, as far as shielding yourself from radiation through Vitamin C and Vitamin C alone... I'm quite dubious. Only time will tell but now's the time to buy a radiation meter to gauge the radiation levels in your area so that you can go off of real info. If the levels are high in your area, try the Vitamin C solution and go see your doctor as often as you can to detect any early sign of cancer.

Good luck to everyone out there!

top topics

join