It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunters: Grant's farewell self-promotion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm sitting here watching Grant's final farewell investigation on Ghost Hunters.
What a rip-off! They're doing The Spaulding Inn...AGAIN!

Of ALL of the great places they could either revisit or visit for the first time, they choose to give us an hour long commercial for Jay and Grant's own business venture: The Spaulding Inn.
www.thespaldinginn.com...

But Hey...Why not send ol' Grant off with a lil free advertising for his business venture...as well as some additional future dollars in his pocket from new visitors to his 'famous' Spaulding Inn.

I'm half way through the advertisment...er...episode and, frankly, I'd enjoy it a lot more if I didn't know that I was being subjected to a big fat commercial.

Don't get me wrong, in general, I like the show...I just don't like being taken advantage of by someone's blatent attempt at self-promotion for financial gain!

Sorry, this just rubs me the wrong way!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thanks for the info. I'd meant to watch that and was kicking myself to see your headline and realize I'd missed it. Now, after reading your OP, I'm not missing much.

The previews last night gave the impression (for me anyway) that they'd chosen the most active spot they could think up to return to and work for maximum effect on his last one. Sad that they chose to make it a promo show on his new ventures instead. Aww.. I love the show as well, but this sounds like an episode I'm just as happy to never see.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Haven't watched this since that Halloween a few years ago where it appeared that Grant was faking some of the evidence. But I remember that at the beginning of every episode they spent the first 5 minutes showing both doing their job as Roto Routers. Always wonder if they got paid for that advertizement.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
reply to post by IAMTAT

Haven't watched this since that Halloween a few years ago where it appeared that Grant was faking some of the evidence. But I remember that at the beginning of every episode they spent the first 5 minutes showing both doing their job as Roto Routers. Always wonder if they got paid for that advertizement.

LOL...I've wondered that as well.
I'm sure they're doing very well. Imagine what an hour long commercial would've cost anyone else for their own hotel!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Ditto. I stopped watching after that episode too.

Sometimes the show didn't make sense. They did a segment at Vlad Draculs castle, which is supposed to be one of the most haunted places on earth, and they gave it like 15 minutes. But they will do an hour episode to somethig less well known,, or has one ghost.

If they needed ideas, i could of given them some.lol

My little town is known as one of the most haunted towns on the eastern seaboard.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It just ended...TOTAL Yawn!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I stopped watching it ages ago also when it appeared Grant was all about the hoaxing. I figured actually he was getting fired/let go because of the clear hoaxing he is doing actually...didn't know he is starting a new show (?).

Pity, I quite liked the initial intent of ghosthunters anyhow...but the lure left when I started wondering if this was something interesting I was seeing, or some hoaxy crap they are putting up for ratings and wow factor...once you start thinking that way, then its time to turn the program off overall sadly.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I stopped watching it ages ago also when it appeared Grant was all about the hoaxing. I figured actually he was getting fired/let go because of the clear hoaxing he is doing actually...didn't know he is starting a new show (?).

Pity, I quite liked the initial intent of ghosthunters anyhow...but the lure left when I started wondering if this was something interesting I was seeing, or some hoaxy crap they are putting up for ratings and wow factor...once you start thinking that way, then its time to turn the program off overall sadly.

I wasn't aware he was starting a new show. I thought he said he was quiting to focus on his personal life...which I assume includes running the Spaulding Inn.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I wasn't aware he was starting a new show. I thought he said he was quiting to focus on his personal life...which I assume includes running the Spaulding Inn.

oh, hell. I donno...thought spalding inn was a show about the inn or some such.
I don't keep up with the show after the illusion was lost on me.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ehhh Ghost Hunters is the most boring paranormal show you could watch, I liked it in the beginning because it was really the only show of it's kind at the time... I like Ghost Adventures wayyyyy better, they have a lot more energy and act like complete idiots and sometimes find better evidence, that to me is entertaining... When Ghost Hunters gets a pulse, lemme know so I can watch it too....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It was cool when I was gullible and didn't know any better. Now it's trash just like all the other paranormal shows that come on T.V. I'm not saying all of it is faked but I imagine most of it is. The ghost box, the flash light trick, all have an explanation how they work. My mom is obsessed with this show and believes everything she sees, it's sad.

top topics

join