It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Company Has FAA Permission to Fly Drones in U.S. Airspace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm not wild about Veteran's Today as a source but a little research confirmed that this is indeed true. Stark is a subsidiary of the state-owned Israel Aerospace Industries that sells and manufactures drone aircraft capable of carrying weapons payloads and sensor systems in Columbia, MS.

Apparently they have had permission to fly since August of 2011 according to their own website:

The Federal Aviation Administration has issued a Certificate of Authorization (COA) to Mississippi State University for Stark Aerospace to fly the Heron Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) from Golden Triangle Regional Airport (GTRA).

starkaerospace.com...

Does this mean the FAA has expanded their flight areas or is VT drudging up last year's news?

Israel has been using UAV's in combat and surveillance since the 1982 invasion of Lebanon.

Drones manufactured by Stark have already been deployed by SOUTHCOM in Latin America to assist the war on drugs - www.time.com...

Veterans Today:
www.veteranstoday.com...

Israel's Drone Dominance - www.salon.com...

Video of possibly armed drone flying over Elgin, Illinois:
Armed Drones Now Flying Over the US? - www.abovetopsecret.com...

FAA Makes Progress with UAS Integration:
www.faa.gov...

What next America?
edit on 16-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added link

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Is it really called "Stark"?

Jesus, just a few years away from and Israeli Iron Man? That's scary.

But this is very disturbing, that foreign national companies have the ability to fly unmaned aircraft in other countrie's air space?

How did this ever occur? What crazy reason would they have to allow this? To me this lends credence that the United States, and other countries keep making deals that allow foreign troops or PMC's to operate within their own nations.

Mostly likely because they can't use their own military against US citizens if and wen the time comes for civil disobedience.

Yes I know, that theory requires a pretty tight tin foil hat, but I can't see another logical explanation.

~Tenth

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This is for testing their uavs and they have a partnership with Mississippi State University so that in itself isn't particularly alarming. I did think people should know though.

I had to laugh when I thought about the Iron Man movies.
No, this isn't Tony Stark - sadly it's for real.
The VT article doesn't specify the FAA clearance area for the UAV flights, it is possible that they have permission to fly many other places besides Mississippi.

Something I'm looking in to this morning.
I'm actually hoping the video in my other thread is a cgi fake.
I'm personally not ready for these killer robots to be buzzing over my house.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here's a list of everyone, public and private who is authorized by the FAA to fly drones in US air space:

www.eff.org...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
How did this ever occur? What crazy reason would they have to allow this? To me this lends credence that the United States, and other countries keep making deals that allow foreign troops or PMC's to operate within their own nations.

Mostly likely because they can't use their own military against US citizens if and wen the time comes for civil disobedience.

Yes I know, that theory requires a pretty tight tin foil hat, but I can't see another logical explanation.

~Tenth

Well I'll admit it, because my tin foil hat has indeed been on a bit too tightly as of late.. this was the first thought I had as well. What a convenient way to get around US troops having to take military action on US citizens.. just have someone else do it for them. Wonder how much money and/or promises were made to get this little gem of a deal up and running?

By the way.. I have a killer template for a tin foil beenie...complete with propeller if you are interested. Really fashionable and really cheap that comes with instructions for the secret handshake for the club

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Here's a list of everyone, public and private who is authorized by the FAA to fly drones in US air space:

www.eff.org...

Interesting find! Thanks for posting that. Found it terribly interesting that on this page that lists the "Special Airworthiness Certificates" that have been issued, one is for Blackwater Airships, LLC.. Special Airworthiness Certificates List

In running this down it appears that indeed this is "the" Blackwater group that we have come to know through their 'work' in Iraq and Afghanistan. Every attempt I have made to try to connect with the website: www.blackwaterusa.com/airship/ comes back as 'Page not found", but this page does confirm that Blackwater Airships, LLC is part of Blackwater. Flickr article about Blackwater Airship LLC

It may be nothing at all, but any time I see "Blackwater" anything in connection to a Government contract it makes the red flags go up and makes me very very suspect.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Great link KJ!
Thanks so much.
Linking from there I found this:

As the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan wind down, the military says the drones that it has spent the last decade accruing need to return to the United States. When the nation first went to war after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the military had around 50 drones. Now it owns nearly 7,500.

articles.latimes.com...

So, the wars are winding down and it's time to bring the troops (and uavs home). They've told us what they plan to do with them and the FAA was mandated to have resolve any issues over the Continental US by May 15.
I'd say enough is enough.
"Are we there yet?"
Unfortunately, we are there, and it's not a place we ever wanted to be in.

For those who think they can't target anyone they please - everyone has a cellphone. Targeting problem solved!
edit on 16-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is what the world is coming to isn't it?

Machines over men. Making decisions for us. Without any life pity remorse fear anxiety

Just robots wiith pre programmed artificial brains carrying out the orders of the hearts of them in in power whether that heart is good or evil.

unbleivable. never thought i would live long enough to see a world where the human element was removed from combat

this is our reality can't deny it:

I GUESS SOMETIMES THE TRUTH IS THE SAME AS FICTION NOT STRANGER THAN FICTION! LOL.

I mean really can you believe this drones flying planes and being in charge of our nuclear armament. Might as well just invent a computer system, call it skynet, and tell it to see humanity as a threat and wipe it out.

Interesting how all the smart people saw this coming a mile away from the old scientist fiction authors of the past days to james cameron to James orville in this book 1984 everyone knew that this day would eventually come and it's a scary reality because robots do not have morals only man does man gets scared robot has no fear.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Israel has the tumor like in control of the US ( and the west) on so many levels and systems
Lawmaking, communications, media, security, weapons, surveillance, finance...etc

and when one considers that strangely enough it was the same Israeli sequrity company that let through most of the terroists in multiple airports that have attacted the US and the west...I wonder what hand the rest of these integrations have on the situation...

go figure
no wonder they dance while the buildings fall
edit on 20-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Is it really called "Stark"?

Jesus, just a few years away from and Israeli Iron Man? That's scary.

Haha, my thoughts exactly when I first saw the title and started reading this. It is somewhat alarming that foreign countries are flying UAV's in our airspace. At least it is Israel..

top topics

join