It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly attack victim calls 911, ends up in jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Here we go again, stupid dispatcher, stupid police, stupid system. A 74 year guy escapes the Nazi occupation of Poland and comes to Canada only to get robbed in 2012 and find out that the nazi's are here. Whoo ho! I mean how stupid is this, WTF is wrong with society?

Source Link

Ottawa police are investigating how an elderly victim of a vicious attack in his home ended up spending 75 days in jail after calling 911 for help. Marian Andrzejewski, 74, called 911 after two men broke into his Ottawa apartment in October 2010, robbed him and punched him repeatedly. But instead of getting help, Andrzejewski was scolded by the dispatcher when he struggled to communicate in broken English and ended up in handcuffs himself when police finally arrived. In a recording of the 911 call, the dispatcher is heard telling Andrzejewski, who fled his native Poland after the Nazi occupation, that she could not understand him.

It seems like every system is failing. But worst of all, don't call the police, ever. They're as nuts in Canada as they are in the US apparently.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That's crazy they kept him in jail for 75 days. At that age I'm glad he got out...

Does make calling the police more of a last resort. By last resort I mean I've exhausted all my ammo and pinned in the corner missing limbs.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just goes to show you that the "untouchable" mob mentality is to be feared. These guys don't are not trained to think, and they all follow the rule of: You can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
Here we go again, stupid dispatcher...

Perhaps yes, but I'm not seeing that his arrest had anything whatsoever to do with the dispatcher or the 911 call, apart from (quite properly) bringing the police to the scene.

The real issue was this one...

When police officers arrived at the apartment building, the mother of one of Andrzejewski's attackers approached them and accused the senior of sexually assaulting her.

And thats why they arrested him.
What would you have done if you were the police?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

And that's the reason that you don't call the police. You're the victim, but all it takes is a little lying, and you'll end up in the pen instead of the criminals.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Common sense would probably have told them that a 74 year old wasn't going to sexually assault someone then call 911 on himself if they could understand his language. Sounds like it was a chaotic scene. They could have gotten someone in there that speaks his language - the taking him in to get it sorted out I can understand, but leaving him in jail that long is excessive - just my opinion anyways.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I would have organized a translator first. Then, I would have taken them both (the man and the sex assault accuser) to the hospital, got a rape kit test done and got that out of the way second. From there if there was no evidence of sexual assault, I would probably have released the man on his recognizance with an order to appear and charged the woman with filing a false report. That sound about right?

What the police did was elder abuse, the SOB's should charged. How would you like it if some @sshat came in and arrested your 75 year old father on BS charges and then took advantage of the situation so they could keep him in jail for nothing. And you know what else, now that poor guy is on the sex offenders list, all it takes is a "word" and your screwed. If cops can't think first, they shouldn't be cops.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/14.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So what was this victim's excuse for having an underaged girl in his home? When I buy girl scout cookies I do it in my doorway. Once again there is much more to this story than what is given in the OP or the MSM account. ATS has become a new platform for yellow journalisim and speculation. Maybe we should get rid of all the stars and flags so the attention seekers can go back to 4chan and glp.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This just gets worse by the day. (sadly shakes head side to side).
The Boxer Pelosified Gestopo in Kalifornia are worse than the Nazis of old. It just makes me sick!
SnF
edit on 15-5-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
this whole world needs to just fall apart.
number 2 line

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin
reply to post by alfa1

Common sense would probably have told them that a 74 year old wasn't going to sexually assault someone then call 911 on himself if they could understand his language. Sounds like it was a chaotic scene. They could have gotten someone in there that speaks his language - the taking him in to get it sorted out I can understand, but leaving him in jail that long is excessive - just my opinion anyways.

Maybe thats y they beat him up...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
was putting in the bit of the holocaust really relevant?? he would of been 2-3 years old. sounds like he got caught doing something he shouldn't have and got a lawyer that knew which card to play.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Many more details on the case at the Ottowa Citizen.

They were also interviewing the attacker’s mother, Gale Doherty, an admitted crack addict for 30 years whose street name is Hollywood. She told police that Andrzejewski had held her against her will and sexually assaulted her.
She didn’t mention her six criminal convictions for forging cheques, theft and obstructing police. But she did accuse Andrzejewski of pulling out her hair and pulling back her fingernails.

Too bad the police belived her.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
was putting in the bit of the holocaust really relevant?? he would of been 2-3 years old. sounds like he got caught doing something he shouldn't have and got a lawyer that knew which card to play.

I didn't put in anything about the holocaust, did you? The holocaust is irrelevant, it doesn't say he was jewish as far as I am aware and the Nazi's did invade Poland and our cops are turning in Nazis for the corporofascisti puppet regime. This can be applied to any "developed" country in the world.

I am still wondering why you made that statement about an alleged "holocaust?" I only say alleged because I wasn't there and I really don't trust educational or mainstream history as being correct, so I neither affirm nor deny that any particular incident took place in the past.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
As much as people would like to jump on the cops for arresting him, they did what they were supposed to do. It was not handled properly AFTER the fact, but that has nothing to do with the arrest itself. This failure does not lie with the arresting officers.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by wingsfan

I didn't put in anything about the holocaust, did you? The holocaust is irrelevant, it doesn't say he was jewish as far as I am aware and the Nazi's did invade Poland and our cops are turning in Nazis for the corporofascisti puppet regime. This can be applied to any "developed" country in the world.

I am still wondering why you made that statement about an alleged "holocaust?" I only say alleged because I wasn't there and I really don't trust educational or mainstream history as being correct, so I neither affirm nor deny that any particular incident took place in the past.

Cheers - Dave

Apologies to you then, but usually pointing out nazis and Poland alludes to the holocaust, not always, but usually.

top topics

join