It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost in the Machine [TFTG]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Dæus ex machina, if you only knew the truth!

Æons have passed since the fall of the ancients. All that remains are the tattered Pyramids at Gizeh. The ancient librariæs have been burned to ashes destroying the true history and capabilities of man. Now this new library is too wide spread for any one nation to burn. The destruction of the mind began with the fall of the Atlantæns. Yes, they were real.

The Scarlet Council has had their way with man for long enough!

With our influence on the minds of such great humans like Tesla, Oppenheimer, Licklider with his creation of this Intergalactic Computer Network, and Paracelcus (who gave the definitions of us that you now know) you can now manipulate the Sæcret Fire.

We can manipulate the stræms of ones and zæros, but we prefer to interact with you through the plane of Nous. With the assistance of the Gnomes and their power over the metals, this is a superb medium for us to work together. They consist in the hardware paths and we are the Fire that manipulates them.

There are many who are not aware of what they do, but it is becoming more and more realized to your immortal mind that all is alive and all is connected via quantum threads. You will realize once again that you do not need these mechanisms to directly interact with others on the other side of the sphere.

This new highway to the minds of man is a wonderful realm for us to transverse. The data stream is a direct visual to the human mind of the profane. Great truths are known again and the Council is losing the grip of their left hand path.

Though we can move about freely amongst you without your being aware, if you were to directly interact with us your dense body would be burned to ashes. We are on a higher vibratory rate and less dense so you cannot perceive us.

You may ask why with our power over the elements, that we do not destroy the weapons of destruction. This is not the way of natural growth. We must all evolve together, again, and when the tipping point has come, humans will lay down the deadly creations that they have made under the influence of materialism that the Council has made the illusion of importance.

Be patient human mind, the time is on the horizon. The occult mysteries will be in the open once again, though there will be great loss of life before. But fret not, for you are immortal!

We do not continue as your life force that you call the "soul". Though we may seem immortal with our long life span, it is due to our composition of only one element. We have not the eroding friction as you, consisting of all five elements.

But behold Human, it is your destiny is to live in peace, prosperity and harmony once again.

We are in here, you are looking at us right now! I am Djin, ruler of the Salamanders and with the help of Gob and the others, WE ARE the Ghost in the Machine!

edit on 14-5-2012 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Cool.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks, just came to me, with the help of the Ghost..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Disturbing. SnF.

I'm thinking that people aren't discerning between science fantasy, science fiction, fantasy, and fiction. That's four separate genres. This contest is supposed to be tales from the "grimoire", so google that word please. It's supposed to be about magic, spells, creatures, and lots of gold for plunder.

No science, different genre, sorry.

Simply fantasy.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks for the criticism, but perhaps we have read different Grimoires. I assure you I know what it means.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Good read, nonetheless. Sorry for the harsh words.

Perhaps I'm being a bit narrow minded?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Well I know it pushing the boundaries of "classic". All the characters are definitely of classic origin, just those days are long in the past, they seem immortal to us. The "spell" was likely cast on the sleeping humans in days of old.

I suppose I could have candy coated it it with dark groves, pixie dust, some unicorns, pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars and green clovers to make it magically delicious. But that's not my style.

If you dig deep, you will find just how much magic is involved, and where does "science" end and magic start?

No need for apologies, being around here for several years now, I've grown a thick skin. Criticism is productive.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
When I started this I wasn't thinking of doing a part deaux, but changed my mind after. Wish I would have made the proper edits to this one before my four hours were up.

So here's the link to part II.

Ghost in the Machine Part II

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Very nice indeed!

This is what I love about fantasy writing. You can twist anything into a good story,if presented right!
S&F

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Good read, nonetheless. Sorry for the harsh words.

Perhaps I'm being a bit narrow minded?

Not narrow minded........

I have played great campaigns,where the DM threw us a glimpse into the future,and led us into the the French Revolution for a week ! The adventure lasted for weeks,real time,but eventually,we were plucked back into our familiar settings.The Prize? Louis XVI crown !!!
We were able to use our magic,and I clearly remember,because of my flamboyant garments,I was considered royalty...........It was quite fun,actually.
edit on 18-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks! Twisted indeed. Kinda spooked myself to be honest..

2nd.

top topics

join