It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Message Of The Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It is useful, especially with the aspect of treating others as you wish to be treated.

Noel Gallagher has a song called the Good Rebel, and the first line says a lot: "If heaven helps you to help yourself, I hope you never change."

So yeah, the side of treating people with respect and dignity, is a good thing. But, as we mentioned, Man has twisted it for the worse.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I don't know...what do you think, ATS? I'm not going to go through the Bible verse by verse and translate it, but do you think this is a possibility? Was the Bible a manual for being an upstanding citizen in today's world, and a warning about how World War 3 will happen?

Absolutely. Just like all of the other prophecies that were fulfilled in the Bible.

This is what I was saying. The Bible is, essentially, a guidebook for political and societal behavior. Everything is a metaphor than can be applied to the modern hierarchy, or to modern politics. I'm not saying this is true, I am simply offering it as a perspective. Something that makes a lot more sense than what's currently be touted as the "true message".

Just when I think you're catching on to the fact that the Bible is more than a guidebook for political and societal behavior, but also a book of prophecy, you start contradicting yourself.

Let's take a look at your last comment in your "Is the Bible Real?" thread.

I am not saying religion is the right way. I am saying that religion isn't the sole fault of today's world. I am saying that while religion was king, it did a damn good job keeping us safe. Then government stepped in, and all hell broke loose. And that fact is, in the time it has taken the government to break us down and rebuild us according to its image (interesting comparison, yes? ) in that time, we have matured to the point that we no longer need religion as we knew it.

We need a different kind of spirituality.

How does this prove that we no longer need religion as we knew it? What kind of different spirituality do we need other than what's already been given to us through the Holy Spirit as outlined in the Bible? Maybe that's the key. Religion and government lost sight of the Holy Spirit and God when they decided to create their own agendas and follow their own will instead of God's. The Bible talks about this to a great extent. The Bible predicted that all of this was going to happen.

So, why do you keep questioning whether or not the Bible is real? Why do you create threads stating that Christianity is a copycat of pagan religions?

From all of your contradictions on this topic, it looks to me like the Holy Spirit is actually working on you slowly but surely, otherwise, you wouldn't keep referencing topics from the Bible as possibly true while you try to debunk them all at the same time.

Welcome! You're finally starting to realize that the Bible is more than a manual, but a book of prophecy too. As time goes on, you'll keep recognizing it more and more as more prophecy starts to unfold. Now you just need to do some more research on proof of the historical aspect of it's claims in order to see the other prophecies that have already been fulfilled. I suggest starting with all of the claims/prophecies the Bible has made about Israel.

Also, have you ever wondered why history always seems to repeat itself? We start out on the right path, we're given choices to make (our will or God's will), we choose our own will and then, BAM, we're put right back in the same place we started to make the same decisions all over again (hopefully choosing to do God's will this time instead of our own). Every time we choose to exercise our own will (if it doesn't align with God's), we are doomed to have to repeat the challenge. And so it goes and continues.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

????? Which crimes????? Some of them don't exist exist for the illegal laws they passed to take people away from their natural co-ownership of earth and its resources including all the growing things, herbs, foods, medicines. And TPTB instead run all the BLACK MARKETS. Crime occurs from the TOP down, and the lower levels primarily due to extreme inequality.

And spirituality is natural, religion is pryamidal abuse of power and mind traps/control.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join