It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Summoning [TFTG]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Jayden Crist was a Magus-Adept of much talent. An orphan found by fate, he quickly surpassed those around him, much to their chagrin.

His wizard duelling skills were only surpassed by that of his masters and the teachers, and he could cast complex spells, combining arcane words, gestures and components with ease. As a result of this greatness, his peers cast him out of the more popular circles, playing cruel jokes on him, and ever, ever, talking behind his back. He repaid them by using his innate talent to wreak havoc on them.

This eve he turned his thoughts to his study, exiting his chambers, making his way to the great library. Knowing the way so well he could easily find it in his sleep, he found the great room, complete with shelf after shelf of scrolls and tomes, completely devoid of others. Cracking the spine of his latest study, he set to work.
It was after a time he found his eyes drawn to something out of place, leaning slightly askew on a shelf directly before him. An odd tome, a little thin and new seemed to beckon to him. Before he realised his feet had moved, the book was in his hands, the cover pulled back, the pages open before him. His heart raced with excitement as he poured over the words, his eyes alight with knowledge. Clearing the desk with a loud clang, he began to carve the sigils deep into the wooden table, although his mind could hardly comprehend their meaning. Inside two circles six runes were carved after what had seemed no time, Jayden’s heart pounding as he scampered around the library’s stockpiles to find the neccessary components. Spreading them thinly over the table, he began to chant, the words now burned from the tome into his mind.

“Sah. Ragoro. Luminus. Menah. Direen. Yazrith! Come forth!” The ground shook. Windows rattled, some shattered. The stone floor cracked. All around the young Magus darkness enveloped him.

Then silence.

Jayden suddenly realised he had forgotten to breathe. Letting out a huge breath that reeked of sulphur, he gazed into the eyes of true horror. With a carapace of purest black, eyes of glowing blood, and covered in numerous rusted chains and hooks, it leered down at him from almost twice his height. Collecting his thoughts, Jayden took a tentative step forward.

“I am Magus Jayden Crist. I summoned you Yazrith. I control you!” The demon seemed more interested in the summoning circle than the boy. Jayden, frustrated, moved closer.

“I am Magus Jayden Crist. I control you!” The demon’s hand stretched out, to point at a near imperfection in the summoning circle. With a leer of pointed and broken teeth, it turned it’s gaze upon the boy.

“Magus Jayden Crist,” it spoke, a voice unearthly and grounded, peaked and bass. The boy trembled.

“You are dead.” Like a rag doll, Jayden fell to the floor, his life drained into the demon, as several Magi rushed into the room, lead by Archmagus Abbadorn Simmh, brandishing his glowing sword before him. Towering over the group, the demon laughed.

“Fools!” the creature hissed, “Your boy has freed me unto this world! Now you shall know the agony of Yazrith!”

With that a thick smoke cascaded around the monster, and the demon vanished, out into the world to sow as much havoc as a demon would be known for. Master Simmh caught his breath, realising Jayden’s classmates had gathered around his fallen body, tears in their eyes. Slowly, Simmh turned, standing over them.

“We are sorry Master Simmh,” a young Magus named Jennah said softly, holding the slain adept in her arms, “we didn’t think he could do it.” With pity, Simmh gazed down upon his pupils, realising the truth.

“You laid this spell for him to find?” The three nodded, their faces forlorn. Simmh sighed. He would deal with the adepts later. Right now he had a demon to hunt.

Casting his robe into a swirl of light, the Archmagus was gone.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Nice. SnF. Fits the theme of the contest perfectly.

Best 'o Luck to ya!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Very nice!!

Chapter 2 please ?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thanks guys

Still a little jury out on this one, I had to hack it up pretty bad to fit under the word limit. The director's cut as I call it makes a lot more sense, and is a lot more in detail.

Chapter 2... Hmmm, now there's an idea

Cheers

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Chapter 2... Hmmm, now there's an idea

I was DEAD serious.

edit on 13-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Dead huh? Hmmm, you sir, are good for my creative process

Stay tuned....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Is there gonna be more?

S&F!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Cheers

There is, and there will....

Sadly beer came first last night. I even awoke to a blank MS Word page this morning....

Tonight, I promise

top topics

join