It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about write-in votes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Since I have to consider the possibility of wrighting in my presidential candidate, I was wondering, what exactly positively identifies my candidate between them, and someone else with the same name?

According to spokeo.com, there are 134 similar names to my candidate, just in Texas alone.

Don't want my vote going towards someone else, that's FRAUD as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 12-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The first thing you wanna do is spell "write-in" correctly.

spelling nazi

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

ur knot aloud two voat untill yoo lern two splel PROPERLY

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thanks for checking that. So lets assume that I spelled it correctly from the get go. What guarantees my vote goes towards my guy?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Forgive me, I'm feeling a little cold and bitter. What difference will it make? The guy you write in isn't going to win anything anyway. (But, if you're serious, I think the Secretay of State would look for someone who has been conducting a write in campaign.)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
An important fact:

Most states (maybe all) have adopted a rule that they will not count write-in votes for a candidate for public office UNLESS somebody (not necessary that candidate himself) pays the Election Board a fee (I have heard mention of $250 in one jurisdiction) in advance of Election Day to have that particular candidate's write-ins for a particular office counted. Without such payment, all write-in votes for anyone will be ignore. If one candidate is paid for and another is not, the paid-for candidate's write-ins will be counted and he might be declared the winner -- even if another write-in candidate who was NOT paid for got more votes that nobody counted.

This s one reason they no longer bother to tell you how many people voted for Mickey Mouse for President. (If someone paid to have Mickey Mouse's votes counted, then they'd tell you.)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
An important fact:

Most states (maybe all) have adopted a rule that they will not count write-in votes for a candidate for public office UNLESS somebody (not necessary that candidate himself) pays the Election Board a fee (I have heard mention of $250 in one jurisdiction) in advance of Election Day to have that particular candidate's write-ins for a particular office counted. Without such payment, all write-in votes for anyone will be ignore. If one candidate is paid for and another is not, the paid-for candidate's write-ins will be counted and he might be declared the winner -- even if another write-in candidate who was NOT paid for got more votes that nobody counted.

This s one reason they no longer bother to tell you how many people voted for Mickey Mouse for President. (If someone paid to have Mickey Mouse's votes counted, then they'd tell you.)

Thanks for the info. I looked up write-in votes on Wikipedia and it explained it a little more. They even have a list of people that have won through write-in votes.

Wiki Write-In

In case I have to, I'm practicing writing Ron Paul's name down so my chicken scratch is legible.

top topics

join