It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone help me put this together, I need help seeing the connections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Im putting this in the gray area, seeing as to how im kinda gray are as to what im looking at heh. Just to give some background, ive had soem sort of calling by God to travel to some of the areas of the US that are in extreme poverty and are dying (as in the area dying-businesses etc). So I just got in my car and drove where the wind took me, and I ended up in some places and experienced some strange synchronicities-but only got that far. Im having trouble putting it together, so thats why im dumping this topic incompletely, without a conclusion in the hopes that others can use their brains and we can come up with something.

So I drove out to the midwest, had NO IDEA why I was out there, part of me wanted to see the span of the EM experiences and what they can do outside my home area, so we can say it started there. The rest is just guided by God. So anyway, im driving, and what do you know, I drive right past Monsanto (The synchronicities started here in Des Monies, IA). I thought to myself, so this is the world famous Monsanto, its somewhat unimpressive versus all the hype. Its small, its just like any other larger farm op out there, I thought that was weird. So anyway, I go birdwatching sometimes (trying to learn to respect nature and its animals-from my carnivore thread) and the birds will fly around you and point your attention to things. For whatever reason, large flocks of all bird types (finches, ravens, cardinals, redwings, etc) were landing in these fields I kept driving by. So anyways im heading back to DC, and im pulled to another flock in Ohio. This time im pointed to an expirimental plot for the largest seed provider in OH. They are using hybrid/gene modified seeds and I stopped to take a look. This particular plot included: wheat, soybean, corn. I talked to the grower (who was cool as F) and he told me it was 1 generation soy, as they change the patent yearly (seasonally) and have to repurchase teh rights (I assumed to price control) by seed purchase every season.

So I did some research, and it turns out what do you know: the largest seed producer in OH, which spreads product out as far as the Carolinas, is using none other than Monsanto's product. So I got to see some of these seeds up close (they were seeding only for soy, but wheat and corn remained in teh experimental plot from previous grows) and they were red/blue (kinda thought that was funny like red pill blue pill heh), I assume just a general identifier. So heres the info on the beans (and other products). Its a glyphosate based gene infusion. What glyphosate is is an herbicide. Its the active ingredient in Round Up, if you have ever used that to kill weeds and hard to kill plants. The idea is to have it in teh seeds so that grasses and weeds do not grow around the plant, because its basically already got teh herbicide in it. So heres the technical cut + pasted:

Seeds containing the Roundup Ready® trait and the Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 Yield® trait are protected under numerous United States patents, including Patent No. RE39,247. It is unlawful to save Roundup Ready® Soybeans or Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 Yield® Soybeans for planting or transfer to others for use as planting seed.

Roundup Rewards® applies only to Roundup® branded and other agricultural herbicides specified by Monsanto. Program details referenced in this publication are subject to change and should be verified by checking with your local Monsanto dealer or representative.

ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW PESTICIDE LABEL DIRECTIONS. Roundup Ready® crops contain genes that confer tolerance to glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup® brand agricultural herbicides. Roundup® brand agricultural herbicides will kill crops that are not tolerant to glyphosate.
Acceleron®, Acceleron and Design®, Genuity and Design®, Genuity Icons, Genuity®, Roundup PowerMAX®, Roundup Ready®, Roundup®, and Roundup Ready 2 Yield®, are trademarks of Monsanto Technology LLC. Ignite® and LibertyLink® and the Water Droplet Design® are registered trademarks of Bayer. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Monsanto Company is a member of Excellence Through Stewardship® (ETS). Monsanto products are commercialized in accordance with ETS Product Launch Stewardship Guidance, and in compliance with Monsanto's Policy for Commercialization of Biotechnology-Derived Plant Products in Commodity Crops. Commercial product(s) has been approved for import into key export markets with functioning regulatory systems. Any crop or material produced from this product can only be exported to, or used, processed or sold in countries where all necessary regulatory approvals have been granted. It is a violation of national and international law to move material containing biotech traits across boundaries into nations where import is not permitted. Growers should talk to their grain handler or product purchaser to confirm their buying position for this product. Excellence Through Stewardship® is a registered trademark of Biotechnology Industry Organization.

Bayer CropScience, 2 T.W. Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Always read and follow label instructions. Bayer, the Bayer Cross, Ignite, LibertyLink and the Water Droplet Design are registered trademarks of Bayer. Ignite is not registered in all states. For additional product information call toll-free 1-866-99-BAYER (1-866-992-2937) or visit our Web site at www.BayerCropScienceUS.com

This Soybean planting seed contains LibertyLink® Technology. These seeds are protected under U.S. patent nos. 5,561,236; 5,646,024; 5,276,268; and 7,112,665. The conditional purchase of these seeds conveys no license under said patents to use these seeds, except to produce a single commercial crop (one time use only). Any unauthorized use, sale, offering for sale, exchange, delivery, transfer, import, or export of seed of this variety is prohibited. LibertyLink® Soybean Seed has received the necessary approvals for growing as an agronomic crop in the United States & Canada and for the use of the oil and other seed components of the harvested crop for human and/or animal consumption in the United States, Canada.

Ok, so here are the pictures and im going to add random bits of info im thinking about and maybe we can put our heads together and help tie them in, in the event that there is anything im supposed to be seeing here.

pics on next post

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Im hoping the pics load, if you cant see them Ill post the album up. But anyway here are all the thoughts/main ideas I need to expand upon:

The irrigation is running off into the water main/water supply, is this doing something to the drinking water?

The animals that are being fed these grains for feed, are they taking the chemicals in and giving it to us? (will supplement the wiki it says it gets in their enzymes)

There seem to be radio towers inside all of the main crops, are they using some sort of radio-therapy to grow the crops faster, or to sterilize them so that they are ok for human consumption?

The wild animals/birds stay away from these crops, is that an indication of something?

Trains run right through the fields. It looks like they bundle and harvest it, then dump it on the trains right there, so if there is a source of whatever, this would be the source point.

Just wanted to throw this idea out there, as maybe it means something. If not, I at least learned where our vegetation food comes from and also a little about its process. Ill post anything else I can think of as it comes to me. I also have just been seeing tons of cotton seed all around me all the time out there, and that too was one of the monsanto modified products talked about in the hybrid process. Heres the wikis on both Monsanto and glyphosate. See what you all think.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

And just for reference, these seeds are the latest and greatest, roundup 2. Red pill = elite, safe and Blue pill = peasant, poison for the hoods?

edit on 12-5-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Clip from wiki (I know its not always reliable, im just trying to get ideas at this point) where in the first part it says studies say it doesnt harm humans (but it does cause deformities in our animal brothers) but in the second part it says it does (in this clip I took). And also look at the aquatic damage section. Its like they can engineer what they want to destroy, then switch it up to something else to destroy after that part has been affected:

Other uses

Herbicides sprayed over a coca field in Colombia
Glyphosate is one of a number of herbicides used by the United States government to spray Colombian coca fields through Plan Colombia. Its effects on legal crops and effectiveness in fighting the war on drugs have been disputed.[35] There are reports that widespread application of glyphosate in attempts to destroy coca crops in South America have resulted in the development of glyphosate-resistant strains of coca nicknamed "Boliviana Negra", which have been selectively bred to be both "Roundup Ready" and larger and higher yielding than the original strains of the plant.[36] However, there are no reports of glyphosate-resistant coca in the peer-reviewed literature. In addition, since spraying of herbicides is not permitted in Colombian national parks, this has encouraged coca growers to move into park areas, cutting down the natural vegetation, and establishing coca plantations within park lands.[citation needed]

[edit] Effects

Glyphosate is rated least dangerous in comparison to other herbicides and pesticides, such as those from the organochlorine family.[37] Roundup has a United States Environmental Protection Agency‎ (EPA) Toxicity Class of III (on a I to IV scale, where IV is least dangerous) for oral and inhalation exposure.[38] It does not bioaccumulate, and breaks down rapidly in the environment.[39]

The United States Environmental Protection Agency‎ (EPA) considers glyphosate to be relatively low in toxicity, and without carcinogenic effects.[40] The EPA considered a "worst case" dietary risk model of an individual eating a lifetime of food entirely from glyphosate-sprayed fields, and with residue levels remaining at their maximum levels, and concluded no adverse effects would exist under these conditions[40] In 2007, the EPA selected glyphosate for further screening for endocrinal disruptor effects, not because of suspected effects, but because glyphosate is a widely-used herbicide (the EPA has stated selection for screening does not itself imply risk).[41][42]

Laboratory toxicology studies suggest other ingredients combined with glyphosate may have greater toxicity than glyphosate alone. For example, a study comparing glyphosate and Roundup found Roundup had a greater effect on aromatase than glyphosate alone.[12] Another study has shown Roundup formulations and metabolic products cause the death of human embryonic, placental, and umbilical cells in vitro, even at low concentrations. The effects are not proportional to glyphosate concentrations, but are dependent on the nature of the adjuvants used in the formulation.[43] Exposure methods in the in vitro tests are not representative, though, of how people or animals would be exposed to glyphosate herbicides, so the relevance of in vitro tests is unclear. In addition, many common materials that contain surfactants, such as shampoo, can cause similar effects in in vitro experiments.

Statistics from the California Environmental Protection Agency's Pesticide Illness Surveillance Program indicate glyphosate-related incidents are one of the highest reported of all pesticides.[44][45] However, incident count does not take into account the number of people exposed and the severity of symptoms associated with each incident.[45] For example, if hospitalization were used as a measure of the severity of pesticide related incidents, then glyphosate would be considered relatively safe, since, over a 13-year period in California, none of the 515 pesticide-related hospitalizations recorded were attributed to glyphosate.[45]

A review of the ecotoxicological data on Roundup shows there are at least 58 studies of the effects of Roundup itself on a range of organisms.[46] This review concluded that "for terrestrial uses of Roundup minimal acute and chronic risk was predicted for potentially exposed non-target organisms". It also concluded there were some risks to aquatic organisms exposed to Roundup in shallow water. More recent research suggests glyphosate induces a variety of functional abnormalities in fetuses and pregnant rats.[47] Also in recent mammalian research, glyphosate has been found to interfere with an enzyme involved testosterone production in mouse cell culture[48] and to interfere with an estrogen biosynthesis enzyme in cultures of human placental cells.[49]

There is a reasonable correlation between the amount of Roundup ingested and the likelihood of serious systemic sequelae or death. Ingestion of >85 mL of the concentrat

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
cont

formulation is likely to cause significant toxicity in adults. Gastrointestinal corrosive effects, with mouth, throat and epigastric pain and dysphagia are common. Renal and hepatic impairment are also frequent, and usually reflect reduced organ perfusion. Respiratory distress, impaired consciousness, pulmonary oedema, infiltration on chest X-ray, shock, arrythmias, renal failure requiring haemodialysis, metabolic acidosis and hyperkalaemia may supervene in severe cases. Bradycardia and ventricular arrhythmias are often present preterminally. Dermal exposure to ready-to-use glyphosate formulations can cause irritation, and photo-contact dermatitis has been reported occasionally; these effects are probably due to the preservative Proxel (benzisothiazolin-3-one). Severe skin burns are very rare. Inhalation is a minor route of exposure, but spray mist may cause oral or nasal discomfort, an unpleasant taste in the mouth, tingling and throat irritation. Eye exposure may lead to mild conjunctivitis, and superficial corneal injury is possible if irrigation is delayed or inadequate.[50]

[edit] Other species

The acute oral toxicity of Roundup is > 5,000 mg/kg in the rat.[51] It showed no toxic effects when fed to animals for two years, and only produced rare cases of reproductive effects when fed in extremely large doses to rodents and dogs. An increase in cancer rates in animal studies has not been demonstrated, and it is poorly absorbed in the digestive tract. Glyphosate has no significant potential to accumulate in animal tissue.[52][53]

A study published in 2010 proposed commercial glyphosate can cause neural defects and craniofacial malformations in African clawed frogs (Xenopus laevis). The experiments used frog embryos that were incubated with 1:5000 dilutions of a commercial glyphosate solution. The frog embryos suffered diminution of body size, alterations of brain morphology, reduction of the eyes, alterations of the branchial arches and otic placodes, alterations of the neural plate, and other abnormalities of the nervous system. The authors suggested glyphosate itself was responsible for the observed results because injection of pure glyphosate produced similar results in a chicken model. The results cast doubt on previous clinical studies of offspring of glyphosate-exposed agricultural workers, which have failed to demonstrate a teratogenic effect.[54]

An in vitro study indicated glyphosate formulations could harm earthworms[55] and beneficial insects.[56] However, the reported effect of glyphosate on earthworms has been criticized.[46] The results conflict with results from field studies where no effects were noted for the number of nematodes, mites, or springtails after treatment with Roundup at 2 kilograms active ingredient per hectare.[57] Glyphosate can negatively affect nitrogen-fixing bacteria,[58] and increase the susceptibility of plants to disease.[59] A 2005 study concluded that certain amphibians may be at risk from glyphosate use.[60]

Certain surfactants used in some glyphosate formulations have higher toxicity to fish and invertebrates, resulting in some formulations of glyphosate not being registered for use in aquatic applications.[61] Monsanto produces glyphosate products with alternative surfactants that are specifically formulated for aquatic use, for example "Biactive" and "AquaMaster".[62] According to Monsanto, "Conservation groups have chosen glyphosate formulations because of their effectiveness against most weeds as glyphosate has very low toxicity to wildlife".[63] Glyphosate is used with five different salts, but commercial formulations of it contain surfactants, which vary in nature and concentration. As a result, humans who have ingested this herbicide may suffer poisoning not with the active ingredient alone, but with complex and variable mixtures.[50]

Glyphosate's effect on soil life may be limited, because when glyphosate comes into contact with the soil, it rapidly binds to soil particles and is inactivated.[64][65] Unbound glyphosate is degraded by bacteria. Low activity because of binding to soil particles suggests glyphosate's effects on soil flora are limited. Low glyphosate concentrations can be found in many creeks and rivers in the US and in Europe.[66]

The EPA,[64] the EC Health and Consumer Protection Directorate, and the UN World Health Organization have all concluded pure glyphosate is not carcinogenic. Opponents of glyphosate claim Roundup has been found to cause genetic damage, citing Peluso et al.[67] The authors concluded the damage was "not related to the active ingredient, but to another component of the herbicide mixture".

Mammal research indicates oral intake of 1% glyphosate induces changes in liver enzyme activities in pregnant rats and their fetuses.[68]

[edit] Aquatic effects

Glyphosate is one of the pesticides that pose the greatest danger to amphibians.[69] Fish and aquatic invertebrates are more sensitive to Roundup tha

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
than terrestrial organisms.[46] Glyphosate is generally less persistent in water than in soil, with 12 to 60 day persistence observed in Canadian pond water, yet persistence of over a year have been observed in the sediments of ponds in Michigan and Oregon.[38]
The EU classifies Roundup as R51/53 Toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.[70]

Roundup is not registered for aquatic uses,[71] and studies of its effects on amphibians indicate it is toxic to them.[72] Other glyphosate formulations registered for aquatic use have been found to have negligible adverse effects on sensitive amphibians.[73]

[edit] Endocrine disruptor debate

In vitro studies have shown glyphosate affects progesterone production in mammalian cells[74] and can increase the mortality of placental cells.[12] Whether these studies classify glyphosate as an endocrine disruptor is debated.

[edit] Other concerns and controversies

It has been suggested that glyphosate can harm the bacterial ecology of soil and cause micronutrient deficiencies in plants.[75] Some sources opposed to pesticides or GMO's have accused the USDA of repressing negative information about glyphosate.[76]

[edit] Environmental degradation

When glyphosate comes into contact with the soil, it can be rapidly bound to soil particles and be inactivated.[38] Unbound glyphosate can be degraded by bacteria.[77] It has been proposed that glyphosate applications increase the infection rate of wheat by fusarium head blight.[78]

In soils, half-lives vary from as little as three days at a site in Texas to 141 days at a site in Iowa.[79] In addition, the glyphosate metabolite aminomethylphosphonic acid has been found in Swedish forest soils up to two years after a glyphosate application.[80] Glyphosate adsorption to soil varies depending on the kind of soil.[81]

[edit] Resistance in weeds and microorganisms

The first documented cases of weed resistance to glyphosate were found in Australia, involving rigid ryegrass near Orange, New South Wales.[82] Some farmers in the US have expressed concern that weeds are now developing glyphosate resistance, with 13 states now reporting resistance, and this poses a problem to many farmers, including cotton farmers, that are now heavily dependent on glyphosate to control weeds.[83][84] Farmers' associations are now reporting 103 biotypes of weeds within 63 weed species with herbicide resistance.[83][84] This problem is likely to be exacerbated by the use of Roundup-Ready crops.[85]

A report, published in November, 2009, "Impacts of Genetically Engineered(GE) Crops on Pesticide Use in the United States: The First Thirteen Years" using USDA data shows US farmers have applied 383 million more pounds of herbicides on GE crops since 1996, including soybeans than they likely would have applied on non-GE varieties of these crops. The same report states the rise in pounds per acre is associated with the replacement of older, higher risk herbicides with glyphosate. Forty-six percent of the total increase occurred in the last two years studied (2007 and 2008). It also identifies the problem as an increase in herbicide-resistant-weeds.[86][87][88][89][90]

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Woo. This is going to require some attentive reading. Thanks for the posting! I am bookmarking it to study further. For the moment I just scanned it, but I applaud you for the effort you've put into getting all this information. Blue seeds and red seeds, Roundup inside the seeds, it initially sends real shivers down my spine.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

Please be careful ok! It sounds to me like our food supply is being tainted. As for the towers, I have been looking for a certain type since watching Wikileaks UFO Video Footage banned from public eye. There was a thread on here early about thousands of more birds dead. There is a connection in all of this! I wish you happiness and have a safe adventure.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

First, please wash your hands and scrub your shoes.
This information is mainstream knowledge, you could save money by reading instead. You looked at the US, worldwide the situation is much worse.
But I think you stated you were looking for connections; a survey?
Is it for profit or murder that they are doing this? Research by reading, not hard out in the open, tons and tons of information.
Don't let the answers get you down or scared. Knowledge is power. What will you do with it is up to you...
Be happy...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The more areas are rendered unsuitable for people, the more spare ground that will be available to grab afterwards, perhaps by poisoning areas with crops which will not reseed themselves, there is less need to clear up the thick vegitation later. Also there is no free food for the entire foodchain in that area, so purging the land is so much easier, leaving it free for an organised land grab. We seem to be seeing so many instances of mass polluting food sources lately, perhaps the endgame really is being played out before us. Perhaps planet Earth needs an almost extinction like event, to give it the chance to recover from all of the damage WE have done to it, progress ? I think not, we just go round in ever diminishing circles, we may just end up disappearing up our own rear ends !

top topics

join