It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drop the Nuke [MAD]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Drop the Nuke [Mad]

Julia woke a bit giddy and light headed the next morning. Her voice was still sore. What a night! She had spent two hours yelling outside her window - 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore.”

Now, she'd overslept and she was going to be late for work. Not today though. She decided she wasn't going. She took some headache tablets, called in sick and spent the rest of the day in bed.

On arriving at work the next day, she searched the Internet to find out what the TV show had been about. Strangely enough, she could find no reference to the show at all.

She did a specific google search, using the words she had yelled. She hit enter, and the screen went blank. She repeated the search at numerous times throughout the day. Each time, the screen would go blank. It was as if someone didn't want her to search for any reference to what happened.

Each day she continued searching. Still nothing. It was as if the computer would not process her search request.

She asked people at work and tried to start conversations with it, they all refused to even talk about it. Each time she brought it up, they would simply walk away. She had no idea what was going on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well. How did it go.”

“Fifteen minutes, Mr President.”

“Fifteen minutes?”

“Yes. Mr President.”

“Was there any violence?”

“No sir, they just all yelled the phrase.”

“No injuries at all. You're telling me that no-one got hurt. You've analysed all the data?”

“Yes. Mr President.”

“Is fifteen minutes enough time?”

“No. Mr President,” a new voice interceded. “We have to get it down to 5 minutes.”

“How the hell are we going to do that? How are we going to get all of the people so angry in such a short time?”

The President spoke again, “We're running out of time. The country is in ruins. Our economy is right down the toilet. Unemployment is growing exponentially. There are major housing problems. We have to come up with a way to turn this country around. And, there's only one way that I know of. We have to create civil unrest and hopefully go to war. That will create new industries and turn this country around. We have to get the people angry enough to enlist to fight. And, if it costs us some lives of people in this country to do it, then so be it.”

No-one spoke. The room went quiet. Then, one spoke, “We could drop a nuke ….....”

“Drop a nuke? That could be interesting. Go on. I'm listening.”

“Well, it's really quite simple. We organise for a nuke to be sent from a country. It's ours, and we'll send it. But, it will look like it came from another country. We have been investigating this for some time. If it is dropped at the right place and at the right time we should have adequate casualties to get the people angry and get them to fight. We'd be at war before the week was out.”

“Yes. That might work.” replied the President. “Probably similar to the Twin Towers demolition. After we executed that plan we received a good response from the people regarding fighting terrorism.”

The room went quiet again. The President sat at his table with his eyes focusing on nothing. Suddenly he looked up. “Yes. This could work. We need to know though where is the best place to drop the bomb, and when to do it. I'll also need to know how many casualties we can expect, as well as some idea of what country to blame for the attack.”

“The committee is currently working through those points, Mr President. We should have an initial draft of our findings by the end of the week. I can tell you though, that anything under a million deaths will probably be a waste of time.”

“Okay”, said the President as he slowly looked around the room. “Are there any other ideas apart from dropping a nuke?”

The room remained silent with all eyes watching the President.

“Okay, then. We'll go with this plan. Let's drop the nuke. It is imperative that this remains strictly confidential. Everything is on a need to know basis. That includes if any of you are against this plan.” Suddenly, the President shot his head around the room again. “We will be protected won't we? The government must remain to govern.”

“Yes. Mr President. We'll be safe. “

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Great story,

One small thing i would change though, id leave the last comment as

" Yes, Mr President, The government must remain to govern " Leaving it open that even the president is expendable, gives a slight cliff hanger feel to it
edit on 12/5/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Thanks for the reply. I am glad you enjoyed the story. I had a lot of fun with this one. I understand your comment about the ending - but wanted to leave it as if all the president really cared about was his own safety.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthandinfo
reply to post by WiseThinker

Thanks for the reply. I am glad you enjoyed the story. I had a lot of fun with this one. I understand your comment about the ending - but wanted to leave it as if all the president really cared about was his own safety.

Gave you a Star and Flag,my friend.

Yes, The story is on point,and well written.

Its Perfect.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thank you for the star and flag. And I am glad you enjoyed the story.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Truthandinfo

A President,without an EGO?

Not in this day and age.

Like I said,very nice story,indeed.

top topics

join