It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive man? Milford resident pulled over by state police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
CT Post

Mike Apatow was minding his own business Wednesday, driving to an appointment for work in Washington Depot when a state police car appeared suddenly and signaled for the Milford resident to pull over. Read more: www.ctpost.com...

"I asked the officer `What seems to be the problem?' " Apatow said. "He said `You've been flagged as a radioactive car.' "

Apatow's doctor had given him a document attesting that he'd had a medical procedure involving a small amount of radioactive material that he handed to the officer. A Stratford firefighter, Apatow was more curious than annoyed by the incident.

"I had no idea the police even had devices like that," he said. "I imagined it being like a cartoon -- like I'm driving down the street and my car was glowing." Read more: www.ctpost.com...

First, I had no idea where to post this. Medical, science, terrorism???? Feel free to move it, mods.

I had no idea state troopers were driving around with radiation detectors. And they're obviously pretty darn sensitive. I guess that's a good thing, just very weird.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That's really interesting.

My sister lives in a commune sort of envirnment, and one of her house mates was undergoing Chemotherapy for throat cancer.

My sister relayed to me that this woman had to be quarantined, due to radiation, and her plates, cups, silverware, everything was tossed in the trash, instead of washed, after use.

I had never heard of such a thing with chemo patients before.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's pointless for cops to have geiger counters.

If the cops have geiger counters to catch bad guys with "Dirty Bombs" or nukes....those bad guys will press the trigger if the po-po pulls them over.

Besides, hundreds of thousands of tons of radioactive material has gone missing on our soil over the decades. Even this year radioactive material has been lost or stolen, as you can read on the Department of Energy's website "Incidence Reports".

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sounds like law enforcement might have some intell to be on the look out. Might be a memo of a new terrorist threat? I am sure there are situations not reported to the general population.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That is not your granddad's Geiger counter, that is for sure. If it is that sensitive I wonder how many false alarms they have. You buy a new smoke detector and get stopped on the way home being tagged as a radioactive car.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Wow!
Maybe there's really more concern about "dirty bombs" than anyone's been letting on. This police radiation detection capacity hasn't been publicized at all that I've seen, or possibly I've missed it. Very interesting though.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm reminded of the film Repo Man, where the radiation in the car was due to an alien in the back.

I do love the human's ability to negate the obvious: The the thing we are giving to "help" you is so toxic you can't be around anyone else or it might do them harm.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Well what about a terrorist in the process of making a bomb and transporting materials?

Im fairly surprised by this story and find it worrisome that theyre worried. Especially that they are being quiet about it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman

I do love the human's ability to negate the obvious: The the thing we are giving to "help" you is so toxic you can't be around anyone else or it might do them harm.

WARNING=SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE HAIR LOSE AND GLOWING IN THE DARK.

You ever stop to listen to all the side effects the list on TV when talking about a drug. The side effects are worse than what the drug was for in the first place.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

The state and federal governments have had this technology for years. Here in Florida we have detectors that can tell the isotope of radioactivity from a medical procedure in a person, in a passing car, on the interstate, from a van parked in the adjacent weigh stations. It seems the equipment being used in the OP wasn't as sophisticated as it should have been, because most detectors will distinguish between medical radiation and dirtier forms of radiation.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wow ,that is something I have suspected for a while.You can bet all the drones are equipped with the same tech to locate hot objects.I wondered how they stopped nuke incedents,here we go.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
damn the police state

top topics

join