It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trials Evolution!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm certain there are at least a few gamers around ATS who are familiar with Trials HD, for Xbox 360. It's downloadable only as an independent title. The first title was one of the first games to ever receive a full 10 out of 10 rating from the gamer rags. Any way...

I present Trials EVO for your viewing pleasure.

If you have the urge and the hardware, go download the demo, play it, then buy the whole game for ten bucks and come play the supercross version on line! It's EPIC.

Even if you don't like racing games, there's a good chance you'll enjoy this rocking, physics based, motorcycle racer.

I should write for a friggin game review mag, lol.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
what I love is that we are in an era of gaming where indie studios, downloadable, and cell phone games, are starting to be on par with the big console releases.

Not quite there yet but getting there soon.

I can't wait till console gaming is dead, at somepoint the processing power is going to be so portable there is no point in a home console.

I can say my ipad 3's graphics are at least near what the starting games for XBOX and PS3 where.

Combine that with small companies and we may be in a new golden age of gaming.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yeah it's definitely a cool time to be a game tard. I'm currently working on my first game design for school. It's going to be a third person rpg/ hack slash game.

Pretty amazing stuff coming out in terms of game design templates, and engines too. Trials has its own editor now, and using their engine you can design even a basic FPSstyle game. Same with the big names too, Bethesda has the GECK, which is a C ++ program template for designing your own fall out style games, or skyrim like stuff.... Unreal now has a free C ++ editor available called the Unreal Kit, or the UDT, unreal design toolkit.

Ive only been programming for a year or so now, but with tool sets like these, making a rad game doesn't seem entirely impossible any more.... Even though modern games contain upwards of 3 million lines of code.

new topics

join