It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggested Reading on Islam...................

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
catholics or christians?

heh

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Jesus Christ never taught to kill or any form of murder......He said ''Love''all people ,even those that do you harm..........Love your enemies, forgive them........

What people did in Jesus Christ's name is for their own satisfaction ,it is not what Jesus Spoke of...........Jesus left the Apostles and they went out into the world to preach good will and good works...........what people did after them,is not the words of Jesus Christ.............

Lets look at ''Muhammed...................die by the Sword, or you beleive in '''Allah'''...........

Many early Christians, died (were martyred for their faith in the one God Lord Jesus Christ our Lord....................
Those that feared'''death''' chose out of '''fear''' the god of Muhammed.............'''.Allah'''..........................

People still have that choice...........
People are free to seek out the ''truth'' and beleive what the Scriptures say about the one God ''Lord Jesus Christ.........

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... 3 All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made... 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1:1, 3, 14).

am He. Before Me there was no god formed, nor shall there be after Me.
( Isaiah 43: 10)

I am the way, the truth and the life, no man enters heaven but by me.

I am the living bread which came down from heaven. (John 6: 51)

I am the light of the world; he that followeth me shall not walk in
darkness, but shall, have the light of life. (John 8: 12 )

I and my Father are one. (John10: 30)

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and behold I am alive for evermore
( Rev. 1:18 )

i choose Christianity...........not to Hate.....but to love all that do us wrong(though at times it is a very hard choice to make )
I choose Christianity not because of what people preach, but in what the Apostles taught that were handed down from Jesus Christ............... I beleive in the ''creed'''
it is the summary of all truths of the Christian faith, composed and affirmed in the First and Second Ecumenical Councils..............
For the Orthodox, there can only be one Head of the Church, Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, as is affirmed constantly in the Epistles (cf, 1:22, 5:23, or 1:18 Col. and Psalms).

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ok,

The Catholic Church was the first church of Jesus, it's the oldest. The Catholic Church was the only church of Jesus up to the 1500' until Martin Luther started his revolution.

Then all these little denominations were invented, all sprang up from Catholicism.

That's why I say Christian church, because the Catholics were the ONLY Christians from ad33 to 1500's.

Of course Europe didn't convert to Islam. That wasn't even the intentions of the Moors anyway. Again, Islam is not a religion that says convert or die. They allowed Christians and Jews practice their religion freely. It was in the Islamic Empire that Jews, Christians, and Muslims were friends and neighbors. It was Christendom Europe where Christians persecuted Muslims and Jews.

Helen, Muhammad never spread his religion by the sword. He wasnt only a religious leader, but a political. There's a reason why Time Magazine had him ranked #1 in the 100 Influential men of all time.

You want to talk about a sword?
"I did not come here to bring peace, but the sword"

Constantine saw a cross in the sky and with that cross he said I will conquer.

Indonesia is the largest Islamic country in this world, but no Muslim army has ever entered Indonesia. Let's talk about that.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
First of all.....the Christian Church''Catholic'' which was the ''One Christian Church'' up until 1054........Schism east and west.......though before in the 800 A.D there was some differences in Doctrine in the west ....eg...the Added of the ''filoque......the Creed........eg the original reads. .........from the Father, who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified............The '''west''[Roman Catholic]added the .........from the Father (and the Son ) is worshipped and glorified...........
The Schism happened because the original doctrine and Canon rules from the first 7 Ecumenical councils(in which all the Churches of that time came together to speak about any changes that were being brought up in the churches)
The Roman Catholics(not the Catholic ...universal )changed the Creed which was Known in Christianity....

The schism brought about the ''Protestants'' because they ''protested'' against the West (Roman Church) and therefore went their own way instead of going back to the '''Catholic and Apostolic Church'' which exists up until today......the church in the East.....Orthodox.......

The infallibility of the Pope is not within the Orthodox church...as the Head of the Church in the Orthodox Church is '''Jesus Christ'''

So , the '''denominations that Sprang out of the Great Schism in 1054 was because of the West .....introducing new doctrines into the Church...............

Constantine's vision of the Cross led also, in his lifetime, to two further consequences, equally momentous for the later development of Christendom. First, in 324 he decided to move the capital of the Roman Empire eastward from Italy to the shores of the Bosphorus. Here, on the site of the Greek city of Byzantium, he built a new capital, which he named after himself, 'Constantinoupolis'. The motives for this move were in part economic and political, but they were also religious: the Old Rome was too deeply stained with pagan associations to form the centre of the Christian Empire which he had in mind. In the New Rome things were to be different: after the solemn inauguration of the city in 330, he laid down that at Constantinople no pagan rites should ever be performed. Constantine's new capital has exercised a decisive influence upon the development of Orthodox history.
cont''.......................
www.kosovo.com...

so if there is any blame towards the ''Branching out of the early Church '''Apostolic Catholic Church'''[orthodox] it is because of the Schism that happened in 1054 ...........it's all in the History books............Why the Pope does not read it i have no Idea..........

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I certainly think we should be very clear in applying the correct crimes to the appropriate religious head trip.
Inquisition = Catholics
Invasion of Central America = Catholics
Invasion of India = Christians
Invasion of Vietnam = Christians
Crusades = Catholic
Witch Burning in Early America = Christians
Creation of slave labor in the free world = Catholics for the most part.
Continuation of Slave labor for 400 years = that would be the Christians
Opponents of secular humanism and evolution = Christians...particularly the mean ones
Opponents of birth control even in overpopulated third world countries = Catholics
Burned the genius Bruno Giordano = Catholics
Imprisoned and destroyed the works of the genius Dr. Wilhelm Reich = Christians
Funded the Zyklon B poison used to kill almost a million Jews during the second world war = Catholics - The pope in particular
Opposed the education of blacks, woman and non-property holding whites in America for almost 500 years = Christians
Engaged in a continual civil war of 800 years for control of Ireland = BOTH!! Its really a tie
Joined the Original Axis of Evil = Italy...90% Catholic
Allowed Hitler to invade three countries before finding those big balls to actually stop him = Three mostly protestant countries
Have killed people to show that killing people is wrong
= That one is really a tie. From our Current 'Christian' leader who has personally overseen 16 executions to Catholic Pro-lifers who have killed doctors. So much horror and glee I bet Jesus can hardly contain himself... but wait...

Voted Against The Equal Rights Amendment = Dick Cheney/professed Christian
Sat on the board of the Union Banking Corporation, a company owned by Nazi industrialists until seized by the federal government under the "trading with Enemy act" = Prescott Bush Grandfather of our current ineptitude and devout Christian
Oversaw the extermination of 500,000 native american people = King Ferdinand/Super Catholic
Veronica Leueken, visionary who claims to communicate with the blessed virgin Mary = CATHOLIC. (Her most startling revelation is that AIDS was created by Jesus to, "kill theFags". To me this makes Jesus look really sloppy since there are now over 70,000,000 people infected with HIV, the majority being heterosexual. That's Seventy Million people....)

What a wonderful loving religeon these people have... and it does my heart good to know that they are so concerned with MY life that they actually create laws to govern it, under fear of imprisonment. Beautiful.

Personally, I can't wait for "their God" to come and take them all away... when it happens you can find me smokin a joint, listening to Bob Marley and preparing to get laid.

The single act of submission is the cornerstone of Authoritarianism. Good Riddance...

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Catholic means ..................universal....................

the early Christian church...........the Apostolic ,Catholic(not the Roman Catholic church.......) remember here, that Catholic means universal, because Christianity was one all over...............

As for the murders,
killings,
whatever you wish to name them, it is not God's fault......
The people,as in me and you are at fault!!!
We listen to our own way of what is right or wrong, and that has changed us into thinking, and beleiving that we can be God................

Why blame God???
Blame the people, which is '''US''
People will always find an ''Excuse'' to blame others instead of themselves............

top topics

<< 1   >>

join