It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Flagging: The Great Government Scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I realise there are many threads that talk about certain false flag topics by themselves but I'd just like to sum them up together here, in a time-line of sorts for the purpose of rounding up just all of the KNOWN times citizens have been fooled by their government.

Some of these may shock you!

1898 - The Sinking of the Battleship Maine

Read more about this topic in depth here: Sinking of the Battleship of Maine , or Google it, your preference.

In short, the USS Maine was a revered ship, as it was the first ship to be named after a US state. On Feb. 15, 260 sailors died immediately, and even more as the night continued on due to injury. Weeks after this event, no true proof had surfaced about the cause of this tragedy but that did not stop the MSM of the time "The Yellow Press" published articles indicating the blame was to be directed at Spain. In a short time, US citizens were calling for bloodshed and war. "Remember the Maine! To hell with Spain!" was the chant heard throughout the streets. US citizens successfully fell right into this false flag, a war is what they demanded, a war is what they received --- Spanish-American War
1915 - Sinking of the Lusitania

On May 7, the British passenger ship was taken down apparently by a German U-Boat U-20 and sank in just 18 minutes. 1,198 of the 1,959 aboard that ship perished that day, leaving just 761 survivors. 128 of those who lost their lives were American, which hastened the entry of the USA into World War I which was already in progression. Read more about the Lusitania here: The Sinking of the Lusitania

Seems like a valid skirmish, but when you dig deeper you will find that---

Subsequent investigations revealed that the major explosions were inside the Lusitania, as it was secretly transporting 6 million pounds of artillery shells and rifle ammunition, as well as other explosives on behalf of Morgan banking corporation to help their clients, the Britain and the France. It was against US laws to transport war materials and passengers in the same ship.

---which indicates false flagging, yet again.
1939 - Operation Himmler

Read more about this topic here: German Operation Himmler , or Google it! Whatever piques your fancy.

For a summary, this was the false flagging of an attack on Germany by Poland. German soldiers dressed in the get-up of Polish uniforms would---

storm various border buildings, scare the locals with inaccurate shots, carry out acts of vandalism, and retreat, leaving behind dead bodies in Polish uniforms.[10] The bodies were in fact prisoners from concentration camps; they were dressed in Polish uniforms, killed (often by a lethal injection of a poison, then shot for appearance) and left behind.

This was infact enough damage to lead to the justification of "defense" against Poland as Hitler cited the 21 incidents as crimes against Germany. After this False flag, the beginnings of WW2 occurred and many believed that Poland just "got what was coming to them". A war was called for, and a war they surely got--- World War II
1954 - Operation Susannah/the Lavon Affair

Read more here: Lavon Affair

The Lavon Affair refers to a failed Israeli covert operation, code named Operation Susannah, conducted in Egypt in the Summer of 1954. As part of the false flag operation,[1] a group of Egyptian Jews were recruited by Israeli military intelligence for plans to plant bombs inside Egyptian, American and British-owned targets. The attacks were to be blamed on the Muslim Brotherhood, Egyptian Communists, "unspecified malcontents" or "local nationalists" with the aim of creating a climate of sufficient violence and instability to induce the British government to retain its occupying troops in Egypt's Suez Canal zone

Yet another attempt to create mass confusion and hysteria.

1964 - The Tonkin Incident... The Vietnam War

Read more here: The Tonkin False Flag

WASHINGTON (AFP) - North Vietnamese made hoax calls to get the US military to bomb its own units during the Vietnam War, according to declassified information that also confirmed US officials faked an incident to escalate the war.... ...The author of the report "demonstrates that not only is it not true, as (then US) secretary of defense Robert McNamara told Congress, that the evidence of an attack was 'unimpeachable,' but that to the contrary, a review of the classified signals intelligence proves that 'no attack happened that night,'" FAS said in a statement. "What this study demonstrated is that the available intelligence shows that there was no attack. It's a dramatic reversal of the historical record," Aftergood said.

Aaaaand another false flag to get people riled up, this is getting old!
1971 - The War on Drugs

Read more here: The False War on Drugs , an opinionated article, but nonetheless insightful

The War on drugs, launched by President Richard Nixon in 1971 is one of the biggest scandals here. It gives reason to invade other countries, confiscate the "illegal drugs" and then redistribute them throughout the USA for profit and further corruption. Further negativity and problems for the MSM to plaster about.

Regardless of anything, do we truly believe we have the right to invade other countries and destroy their crops and tell them what they can and cannot grow? We have become the unofficial World Police.

1991 - Desert Storm

Hussein asked for permission from the US (via their ambassador April Gillespie) and got an answer that the US does not participate in Arab quarrels. That was a trap, and after Saddam occupied Kuwait, George Bush Sr. mobilised a coalition of some 40 nations to "liberate Kuwait" and to smash the recently-built Iraqi military power base. This also involved a media hoax, where the daughter of Kuwaiti US ambassador played nurse on TV and testified to "witnessing" Iraqi soldiers throwing babies out of incubators in Kuwait.

Must I elaborate?

2001 - 9/11... The War on Terror
I won't go into detail about this one, it's a pretty dead horse I don't feel like beating anymore.
2003 - War on Iraq

The claimed reason of the attack was that Iraq was a clear and present danger to the US with wmd's available within less than an hour after the decision to assemble them has been made. Since no wmd's were found, and after the Iraqi also scrapped some 800 long range Scud style missiles before the US coalition attack, the reason for the invasion was changed into "bringing the democracy into Iraq".

Many other ones inbetween, and many other after 9/11 but these are the ones I wished to bring most light. I will put these out there though, incase anyone wishes to look these up aswell.

False flags for:

1950 - The Korean War
1983 - The Grenada Invasion
1980-88 - The US-Israeli sponsored Iraq, Iran War
1989 - The Panama Invasion
2001 - The targeting of Osama

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

Also, just wanted to mention another false flag that was luckily never carried out---
1962 - Operation Northwoods

Read more about it here: Operation Northwoods False Flagging

In summary, Operation Northwoods was a series of proposals presented to the Kennedy administration in 1962 that called for the CIA and other secret services to commit acts of terrorism in US cities to be blamed on Cuba in order to generate public support of waging a war against Cuba.

Now, I don't know how much of all of this is 100% true or false, but I do know when it seems rather strange when you put together all of these historical events, and then you see Operation Northwoods as an admitted false flag to be performed by the United States government.

I apologise for any typos or confusion this thread may create ahead of time, this was a lot of information to sift through and sort in my head!

Hope you enjoy the read!
edit on 8-5-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Great thread and read. S+F

But you forgot the mother of them all, The "attack" on Pearl Harbor, among dozens of others:
History of American False Flag Operations

The attack on Pearl Harbour followed some 6 months later. Having broken the Japanese encryption codes, the Americans knew what was going to happen, when and where, but the president did not dispatch this information to Pearl Harbor. Americans even gave their friends the British 3 Magic decrypting machines which automatically opened encrypted Japanese military traffic. But this same information was not available to the commanders of Hawaii. The movement of the fleet was also visible in the very effective radio direction finding network. Japan had an alliance with Germany, and the Germans upheld their promises by declaring the war against the USA right after the Japanese declaration. Two scapegoats, the navy commander Admiral Husband Kimmel, and the army commander Lt. General Walter Short were found incompetent and demoted as they were allowed to retire. Short died 1949 and Kimmel 1958. In 1995, the US Congress re-examined this decision and endorsed it. Then in 2000 some archive information came to light and the US Senate passed a resolution stating that both had served in Hawaii "competently and professionally". In 1941 they were denied vital information, and even on presidential orders purposefully mislead into believing that the Japanese feet could be expected from the southwest. These commanders have yet to be rehabilited by the Pentagon.

edit on 9/5/2012 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Not forgotten or unknown by me, just had so much information to relay and I wanted to cover those that aren't as widely known.

But thank you for adding it here! I appreciate you adding any more you know of as these can be put into a time-line. Unfortunately.... >.>

People don't realise how deeply embedded false flagging is in our history until they do research of their own.

Thank you so much!

new topics

top topics

join