It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: A reminder that eventually we'll have to let go.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul is inspiring a generation. Not just a generation... an entire population that spans multiple generations. He's doing this precisely because he's been true to himself for longer than many of his supporters have been alive. This is a strength in self virtually unheard of these days of wall to wall marketing.

This is ironically something new. We've seen false starts for cultural revolutions. We've seen revolutions through bloodshed. All recorded in our collective memory, recycled in our cinema and music... and just waiting for us to decide what to do with. We don't want a revolution through bloodshed. We don't want a false revolution that puts everything back where it started with different names.

We're clearly on the verge of speaking up as a true humanity.

Something we must not forget is that this is more than a single person... and no matter what happens with or without that person... the movement for honest liberty continues on its own strength... without borders.

We will forever be indebted to the fact someone held that torch alive in some of the darkest days of our self awareness... but we can't forget that it's up to each of us individually to carry that same torch as strongly and brightly ourselves.

The goal is to awaken individuals working together, not a mob.

Namaste!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yes, the goal is to awaken as many people to his ideals as possible, and incur change without violence... However... It needs to work out peacefully in reality hahaha... We shall see. I promote smooth transitions though, no violence is certainly how I prefer it
I just hope TPTB can handle peaceful reform...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

No chance. They create wars just for profit, imagine what they'll do when they feel threatened.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It's also a subtle answer to the questions of "what would happen if..." regarding Dr. Paul and health either naturally or... "forced".

All of the information is out there for us to use... it's been out there long before the internet made it easy. I hope everyone who truly cares knows that when the day comes that Dr. Paul is no longer speaking directly... that we'll be the ones who will be required to continue speaking and that we are truly understanding the standard we're saying we believe in and want to live up to.

There is a reason he is inspiring... and it's because he means it.

We need to be sure we do too.

Namaste.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Well when it comes down to it... Push for peace but be prepared for otherwise.

Keep up the optimism but also don't forget about the reality either

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Agreed... just reaching out to those capable of speeches that strike to the bone like this:

While also having the self will to hold up to this:

There are those out there... they know in their guts who they are. A Revolution can start with the most perfect of ideals but quickly go wrong. If we actually find ourselves in a position for change, we can't forget the errors of almost every revolution of the past no matter peaceful or bloody... of the revolutionaries becoming exactly what they hate and becoming the oppressors themselves.

Liberty will also mean tolerance for those who wish to be intolerant "within reason". This is a difficult issue! It's not all going to just magically balance out. We are signing up for something truly significant and powerful. We can actually do it this time. But we have to mean it.

Ron Paul Means It.

We have some big shoes to fill... not just a feel good movement to ride along with. The effort from the grassroots people so far has been the most inspiring side of the whole movement. It's where the true strength is, and where it will survive in long term.

Namaste!
edit on 2012/5/7 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

That second video... Ugh it enrages me to see the level of ignorance that could possibly exist in one place at one time... So incredibly horrible... Props to the libertarians though

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I view it with a great deal of sympathy (being a child of the 70's/80's). It's clear the population was under a very strong hypnosis on a level that is still barely conceivable for most people. Especially people who were "adults" then.

It is surreal.
edit on 2012/5/7 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What I find so remarkable is how so many people have embrassed a man of integrity, which gives me a lot more faith in the goodness of people. With so much sleez, that is thrust upon us, it refreshing to see that so many people are willing to reject the normal "dog and pony show"...and I'm proud of us.

I was noticing this morning while watching CSPAN some interesting "commercials" basically expressing some of Ron Paul's ideas using celeberties as a kind of "public service" message....so they may not mention RP, heard him briefly mentioned once this morning, BUT, they seem to understand what the people care about hearing, and I would say in large part due to Ron Paul's popularity.

If he makes it to debates we will have won, I don't things will ever be the same, lol, and who knows? The next few months will be very interesting.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
S&F.. This is exactly what I've been realizing lately, and it's got me thinking more optimistically than I have for quite some time.

Not to mention all the young politicians who say Ron Paul inspired them to run.. in the same way the Ron Paul supporters are currently infiltrating delegations on a local level, I think we'll start to see a NATIONAL infiltration of the system.

This may be what all the hype around 2012 meant all along.. we're finally seeing a revolution that could actually work. It's being done quietly and by the rules.

And the old saying is coming to fruition : "The revolution will not be televised"

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is all to weird, he may have inspired a lot of people, but I'm personally afraid of the idea of people getting together in massive numbers. Every movement without their leader will eventually get led by another more vicious man. Dunno ...

new topics

top topics

join