It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed : Four years of TSA complaints

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I really sympathize with all of you that have to travel on a regular basis, in particular fly not any other means of travel yet, but rumors? for want of a better word. of DHS putting TSA in charge of railways and bus stations. God , help us if this come to fruition.

I know its probably not just the regular TSA employee themselves, they have a higher authority they have to listen to, as we all do in different walks of life in jobs, but its from on high some of these events have occurred.
But I sincerely hope this mass confusion bureau doesn't get control of everything. What do you think?

Michael Grabell

From intrusive pat-downs to body scans to perceived profiling, the Transportation Security Administration always seems to be the target of complaints [1].

For example, amid the brouhaha over the agency's introduction of intensive full-body pat-downs in 2004, I requested complaints and discovered an untold story of the pain and humiliation suffered by rape victims and breast cancer survivors. In one incident that I found from that request — while I was a reporter at the Dallas Morning News — a woman complained that a screener asked her to remove her prosthetic breast to be swabbed for explosives.

edit on 5-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Like all government organizations they’re overreaching, trying to flex their muscles. It’s eventually going to come back around and bite them squarely on the tail:

Personal liberty largely consists of the Right to locomotion – to go where and when one pleases – only so far restrained as the Rights of others may make it necessary for the welfare of all other Citizens. The Right of the Citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, by horsedrawn carriage, wagon, or automobile, is not a mere privilege which may be permitted or prohibited at will, but the common Right which he has under his Right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Under this Constitutional guarantee one may, therefore, under normal conditions, travel at his inclination along the public highways or in public places, and while conducting himself in an orderly and decent manner, neither interfering with nor disturbing another's Rights, he will be protected, not only in his person, but in his safe conduct." - American Jurisprudence 1st, Constitutional Law, Section 329, p. 1135.

They can get away with doing it on airplanes, because you both agree to it on the airlines “contract of carriage”, and because there are alternate options open to you for public interstate transportation.

Now, if they start muscling in on those other forms of interstate transport, they will eventually overstep the bounds guaranteed to us under the Constitution, and be in for a major legal set back.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Now, if they start muscling in on those other forms of interstate transport, they will eventually overstep the bounds guaranteed to us under the Constitution, and be in for a major legal set back.

Unless you live in Tennessee?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5/5/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed bbcode in quoted content

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
One of these days, things are going to get so bad that they're going to start regularly setting off people with PTSD. And then, well, I'm going to feel sorry for the TSA workers.

new topics

top topics

join