It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trueism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Me and my uncle are making a new religion called trueism based off of religion as well as science

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
Me and my uncle are making a new religion called trueism based off of religion as well as science

Great..all this world needs is another religous cult....

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

I would suggest a change in it's name as a TRUTH is not a FACT.

TRUTH is a word that is associated with Faith and Belief as a FACT is a FACT...and that is that.
Split Infinity

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Is that truthful fact? Or, are you in fact telling me the truth?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

How about Factism based on truthful facts.

Oh wait, that sounds like Fascism.

Is your uncle, Uncle Sam preaching his NWO agenda ?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Great..all this world needs is another religous cult....

Thats true.

WAIT, does that make me a believer??

I'm against protesting 100%... I just don't know how to show it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Is that truthful fact? Or, are you in fact telling me the truth?

LOL! Yes...exactly. Those who seek a Truth....could seek or believe a Truth that is different than what another considers a Truth.

Those who seek a FACT....must first determine if there is PROOF to prove something to be a FACT. This proof must always have the same testable result...everytime. If it does not...then it is not a FACT.

A Truth does not have to be tangible to Reality....a FACT must always be tangible to reality.
There is the difference. Split Infinity

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Quid est veritas?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
There is already a philosophy / religion based on facts only, it is called science.

What is the difference between this and science? Are you adding beliefs with the facts or something?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Cool story,

What if my Truth says your truth is false?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

What just like that on a whim.

Well I suppose I did recently convert from being a Jedi last week and starting up a new religion/cult based on Banana-Man so I have now believe in the omnipotent grand master Banana.

OP why bother posting this without expelling the theology/philosophy behind your new found religion? These one sentence threads are just a distraction and an annoyance, I am sorry to be having a go at you over this, you are not the only one, but really why bother posting this. Your creating a new religion, that’s fantastic but don’t tell me about it in one sentence I want a proper explanation about what this new idea is give me something I can’t discuss and debate with you.

Based on your very limited information all I have to say about your new religion is that it sounds like a God (excuse the pun) awful Idea. I take this view because form your very limited explanation of your “religion” it appears that you don’t even know exactly what it is. As such I can only conclude that it is not a religion but rather some vague idea you and your uncle have conjured up one day over a cup of tea and a plate of crumpets.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

So whuts up with the religion? Are you gona hand down some commandments? Do we gota kiss some rattlers? Speak in tongues? Or is it just the ordinary pass the collection plate?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

better not.
or you will become the very thing you claim to hate

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Lol at the replies. My 10 year old nephew got to reading the site and I tried to explain to him that science disproves religion all the time. He lives in a faith based family and I didn't want to stray him from what his parents instill in him but tried to explain the scientific side of things to him. So he wanted to try and combine the two (science and religion) so I let him post under my account but he is just curious about the things we can't explain and I told him the current religions aren't that old and science shows that things are a lot older than a 3000 year old religion. Give the kid some props for trying to have an open mind.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

When he mentioned science and religion, my first thought was scientology. I would put much faith in that. I think they were trying to teach John Travolta not to be gay but it isn’t working

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

When he mentioned science and religion, my first thought was scientology. I would put much faith in that. I think they were trying to teach John Travolta not to be gay but it isn’t working

Now that is funny, the John travolta comment that is! No Scientology here just thoughts that I had no answer to for my 10 yr old nephew but hey at least he is not being close minded.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

www.t-tlaw.com...

Text
Church Defined - IRS Church Definition
Because of First Amendment religious freedom concerns, Congress has never passed any statute anywhere which defines what a church is (beyond saying "a church or convention or association of churches", which is like saying that the definition of a duck is "one or more ducks"). The IRS, which apparently is unconstrained by the First Amendment, has nonetheless ventured where angels fear to tread, and has established criteria which, in its view, define a church as follows:

1. A distinct legal existence
2. A recognized creed and form of worship
3. A definite and distinct ecclesiastical government
4. A formal code of doctrine and discipline
5. A distinct religious history
6. A membership not associated with any other church or denomination
7. An organization of ordained ministers
8. Ordained ministers selected after completing prescribed studies
9. A literature of its own
10. Established places of worship
11. Regular congregations
12. Regular religious services
13. Sunday schools for religious instruction of the young
14. Schools for the preparation of its ministers.

The Tax Court, which is apparently unconstrained by the IRS administrative criteria, has adopted its own view, consisting of most of the same criteria compacted into 7 or 8 points. See, e.g., Pusch v. Commissioner, 39 T.C.M. 838 (1980) or Chapman v. Commissioner 48 T.C. 358 (1967). In any event, not all of the 14 criteria must be met by every individual church, since only a substantial denomination will meet all of the criteria, and the IRS must allow for the existence of independent churches. Thus, there is substantial "wiggle room."

top topics

join