It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien mothership or just a glitch?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

A strange anomaly found next to the sun.

I agree with the uploader i dont think it can be a glitch either if it was then it would have shown up more than once.
There are a lot of things in space but not a lot of things just sitting next to the sun. I saw a video about something like this a few weeks back. It was some sort of jointed ship. We are living in cool times

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Just how big would that "thing" have to be to look that big for here?
It would have to be what, like a thousand mile long?

I am looking for all of the space type web site to go down before too long. TPTB will find some way to take them off line.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The first thing I thought of was the satellite tether that broke loose years back. It was 13 miles long.

Tethered satellite hurls into space, ruining experiment

It could be closer to us than it appears. Hard to tell where it is in relation to the Sun.

Here is the famous video of it. As for the UFO's surrounding it, that's another story.

edit on 4-5-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Thats what i think, a lot of these anomalies are said to be far away. If this was a lot closer to the camera than it looks then it could be hundreds of miles wide. If it is close to the sun its thousands of miles

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Neat find. Who knows? Not me that's for sure.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Probably this
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
mage artifacts - Cosmic rays
Cosmic rays and solar energetic particles are highly energetic particles that travel through space. Some of these originate from the Sun. Others, known as galactic cosmic rays, come from outside the solar system. When they pass through the detectors, they produce thin bright spots or streaks.

Close up of cosmic ray track seen on the STEREO Behind COR2 detector.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

That doesnt explain why its visible for 10 minutes. That would mean the cosmic rays would have to stop for ten minutes

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
OMG

IT MOVED!!!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its an INVASION!!!!!

Its THE END!!!!!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I do not know if it has ever been brought up but I was wondering what the windows were composed of, e.g. plates of materials with a liquid center. I am not trying to debunk, just seeking answers.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

That doesnt explain why its visible for 10 minutes. That would mean the cosmic rays would have to stop for ten minutes

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Sometimes you'll see a cosmic ray seem to persist in the web images for two or more frames. This is because we lose a certain percentage of the data coming down from the spacecraft. In LASCO such losses appear as square blocks in the image. The software which puts the images up on the web will fill in these blocks from the last good image, and if there's a cosmic ray in that block from the previous image, it will appear in this image as well. The way to check for this is to look at the raw data files, which are also available on the web through the SOHO catalog interface.

Interesting site-explains a lot of the strange things seen in the images

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

It may be an interesting website with the answers to the questions asked, but you forget that when people spend an extraordinary amount of time perusing youtube for 'glitches' that they must question the validity of, they are not looking for an answer. They are seeking a question. The first one with the correct question trumps all answers.

The problem is, it's like sifting sand trying to find water.

No answer will satisfy the mind of someone trying to find something that doesn't exist. And no question will ever be too 'out there' for them to stop looking. Not that anyone should stop. But it is becoming less and less about the answers and more and more about the same questions.

Reminds me of an old tv show from the 70's. I can't remember what it was, but it was related to space and UFO's and it was a fiction show, but they had received images back from a satellite and in them were images of strange and bizarre landscapes but from the region they were observing, there were no signs of this planet.

At the end, it turned out the camera had accidentally been pointed towards the device carrying it, and it had snapped images of the microscopic surface of itself.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
OMG

IT MOVED!!!!!!

Its an INVASION!!!!!

Its THE END!!!!!

stop

your scaring me

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
So this is a glitch too i suppose lol

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

So this is a glitch too i suppose lol

If by glitch you mean another Cosmic Ray strike then yes , there is a thread on that image Here

SOHO hotshots

edit on 5-5-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add link

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Instead of going for the utube woohoo, why don't you look up the science?
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
I guess cosmic rays aren't as much fun as UFOs and motherships.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You're all a bunch of glitches.

new topics

top topics

join