It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is There So Much Death?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I live in Orange County California. I'm a Christian and I've been working as an AV sound tech for three years at this church now. The study of conspiracies, paranormal, supernatural things, led me to become a Christian about 6 years ago...but that's beside the point of this post.

On January 1, 2012, a good friend a great person who volunteered ministering to kids in our skate park didn't wake up (the death was not drug or alcohol related). He was just 21 years old.

Since then, we've had an increase in memorials at our church. We went from less than one a month in 2011 to at least 2-3 a week!

Just last week, a coordinator who was loved and adored in the church, a mother and wife, lost her bout with cancer. She was 42.

One of our pastors lost a friend to a brain tumor. She was 38.

One of our greeters had a stroke last week.

Junior Seau just shot himself in the chest yesterday. (just another death)

Just last week, we had two memorials on campus going at the same time.

Tomorrow (Friday), I am going to AV a memorial in the morning, and another one in the afternoon. On Saturday, I am going to AV another memorial.

We spoke to a local coroner and she said they are turning people away because of the overflow. She said the influx of death is something she's never experienced before in the decades she's been in the business.

Is anyone else experiencing this in their local communities? Is this just a bizarre coincidence? I get people die, but dealing with it this much is very emotionally draining. I often cry at the memorials even though I never knew the person. Any thoughts? Something up with 2012?
edit on 3-5-2012 by FaceLikeTheSun because: grammer

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

I hate to sound trite, but without life there is no death.

Consequentially, death is a part of life. Were it not for death, we wouldn't have enough resources to sustain the life we do have. Nature has its way of taking care of things like balance. It's been going on since creation, and will continue until our time here is done.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

I don't lament death...I understand everything you said there. But it's just odd and I often get the eerie feeling of, "they're actually leaving at a good time, because things might get really bad."

Is there anything like this you are seeing, feeling in your community?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I used to wonder this....and then a couple years ago I not only watched my Father die fast and hard from lung cancer no one knew he had, but got all of a week and a half fro diagnosis to the end to deal with the reality. (He'd seen doctors. They stuck with COPD until the condition was Stage IV and involved several primary organs
)

After that? Well... I hear you and the deaths today seem more senseless and short timed than the past. I guess I've come to deal with it by simply returning to the days of my teens when I learned how to go ice cold for emotion and stay that way. No one gets out of life alive....it's 100% fatal to every one of us...and the best we can ever hope for is death for a good reason, and that we have the ability when the time comes to influence that somehow.

The rest? Hell... I don't know about a Diety or the Reaper, but whoever makes the call isn't asking our opinion and I swear...laughs when we cry. Sorry if I sound down...I'm watching the war build and realizing we're going to see several million people that never get the experience of making it beyond 2012. It's a depressing thing, isn't it?

edit on 3-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I often cry at the memorials even though I never knew the person. Any thoughts?

Perhaps, Just maybe, you are in the wrong profession? Have you done any research into actual numbers of deaths over the last 5-10 years for your area?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Oh yes, when you put it that way, sometimes I do think they're leaving at a convenient time. Consider a survival situation, who is really the lucky ones? The survivors who suffer through the craziness that follows or those who die in the immediate event?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

It doesn't affect my performance. I will admit at times, I have to harden my heart, go cold and just detach myself from the situation/mood of the room and hit cues etc.

I have not done a study of death in the last 5-10 years. Something I might do.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm just curious, what do you think is going to happen on 12-21-2012?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

you answered your own question...people are dying from cancer more and more..also as you get older you start to see more death around you...I have had within the past year three people die from cancer and all under 45...whoops this was directed at the OP...next one is for you face
edit on 3-5-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You are only getting a eery feeling about impending doom because you are inundated with this stuff from sites like this...there are plenty of people out there who feel nothing...why isn't my 10 year old niece feeling impending doom? My parents certainly have not discussed such feelings of despair...it's only people who read up on this stuff, visit these sites etc....I know listening to Coast to Coast folks on their constantly talk about 2012 but again this is what they live for at the moment and folks can't get enough of this doom and gloom stuff....I guarantee if you stay off of this site and refrain from looking this stuff up your attitude will change....but lets be honest these sites are like crack...I'm not worried...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun

I'm just curious, what do you think is going to happen on 12-21-2012?

You got me there. I know that's a weak answer. Very weak. I don't know how else to answer it honestly. In December and through Christmas I had amassed a ton of material to make the Super-Thread to end them all on this topic. Or so I thought...lol The cycles of our Galaxy and what the Mayans could possibly have predicted was the basis. Specifically, the rumors of the Galactic Plane and Earth passing though what amounts to a paper thin layer (paper thin by space terms) of high gravity spinning out from the Black Hole at the center. It sounded great...Would have been a sexy, flashy thread too!

I realized shortly before posting it, I had a basket full of fear, guesswork and plain incitement to panic without a single independently verifiable fact in the whole stack. That was a depressing realization after so much work. I got so blinded by the flash of the theory, that I didn't stop to ask how anyone else could take any of it and arrive at the same end result, reliably.

If one looks, they'll find I posted a very different thread around that time instead. It calls for calm, reason and a careful examination of the myriad of doomsday threats and everything else Media and Pop Culture would throw at us all year long. So far, my prediction in the thread I did write about no end of doom coming at us has proven true. The ability to deal with it for everyone seems a mixed bag..but not bad so far. Now lets see when it really starts in August/Sept. That's when Media will be trying to make people scared to a day on a Calendar for real, IMO.

Now..The SHORT answer. What do I think Dec. 21 will bring? 1 less shopping day for Christmas and little more. The Mayans may have predicted something and it may be right. However, this many years? The "day" that prediction had in mind could be tomorrow or a day in 2014. Nothing will happen..is my guess.

The problem I'll add.....is I don't think the world will have quite as many people to care by December. I really believe that in watching events, we're going to be worrying about survival well before then and for something no Mayan could have predicted beyond the vaguest knowledge that Man cannot resist World War and it seems time for another one.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I work Fire Rescue. No noticeable up tick here in Florida.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I understand your perspective. And yes learning about conspiracies and all that does freak you out. But I got over that about two years ago. And yes I also understand that as you get older, you see more death. But at 29 years old, it went from not seeing a lot of death, to suddenly being hit with massive amounts of it.

I am not a doom and gloom 2012er, not in the least. In fact, I don't think anything catastrophic will happen, but it just makes me wonder. I appreciate the comments tho.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I could be way wrong but deep down I really think
Death is nothing bad at all. Men use fear to an advantage.
I think its very possible that death has the potential to
Be a beautiful thing . Going back to our Creator.

I could be wrong. I will find out when its time.hope very far in future....seriously. lol

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

thanks for the post. Ya I read up on a lot of that doomsday stuff...as well as the new age stuff that talks about 2012 being some kind of spiritual evolution event. Nevertheless, I too don't think anything truly significant is going to happen...at least maybe not in the physical realm...but I do agree that we will have much bigger problem to deal with, mostly the advent of WW III.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

as a Christian, I know where I will go when I die...that doesn't change the fact that there is grief this side of the grave.

The thing about believing in God and believing in heaven and hell...I heard Ravi Zacharias say this about atheist Christopher Hitchens who passed away recently...

"If he's wrong, he will have hell to pay...if he was right, he won't know it."

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Men with playing fear. As a mere man I have compassion.
I'm willing to bet my lil compassion is nothing compared
to G-d's unconditional love.
Jesus wept because of the people mourning not because of death.

Since many people pick and choose verses from the Bible
I will pick Hebrew 13:5 where he would never leave or forsake us.

Much love

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I haven't noticed a significant increase in death.

However, I have noticed an unusual increase in health problems. More and more people I know are being diagnosed with something every few months it seems. This could be due to environmental factors, though. I mean just look at how polluted this planet is. It seems there are more unhealthy people than healthy people these days.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I'm a Christian and I've been working as an AV sound tech for three years at this church now. The study of conspiracies, paranormal, supernatural things, led me to become a Christian about 6 years ago...but that's beside the point of this post.

apparently some didn't read the above

back on topic

my grandfather endured 11 years of prostate cancer, before dying at 90 [b 1881 d 1971]
my grandmother died at 96 [b 1911 d 2007]
her mother was over 100 and chose the day of her death she smoked cigars and drank a pint of rum a day[ ? - 1972]

my father and step mother died in their early 50's
most of their generation is sick, dying or dead

it's the poisons in the water, diet, and air

simples

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It's in the food you eat, the water you drink, the air you breath, it's all around you. You, I, and everyone else are being poisoned and systematically exterminated. You will only encounter death more and more frequent as we move forward. You should prepare your mind for what is to come, if that's even possible.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join