It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Ridiculous Origins of Famous Urban Legends (Cracked.com)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thought some of you might appreciate this, plus it's a funny read. The top two in the list are the ones I mostly want to share.

#2. The Illuminati Was Dreamed Up by a 20th Century Paranoid Anti-Semite

Nesta Webster was a 1920s British historian, writer, propagandist and Nazi sympathizer who had a less-than-secret vendetta against Jews. If you're unfamiliar with the Roaring '20s, you might be wondering how such a person could gain influence in pre-WWII Britain. If you've read The Sun Also Rises, or a biography of Henry Ford, you know that anti-Semitism was up there with stupid-looking pants and the Charleston in terms of things rich white people lost their goddamned minds over.

#1. Gray Aliens Came from a TV Show

Twelve days before the Hills described their alien encounter under hypnosis, an episode of the show titled "The Bellero Shield" aired, and it featured a peaceful gray alien with large eyes and no nose. And, on top of that, even the guy who hypnotized the Hills into "remembering" their experience thought the whole thing was bull#, pieced together by various anxieties and experiences in their everyday lives and conflated with a nightmare that Betty Hill had a few nights after the "incident" had occurred. Experiences, presumably, like the television shows they watched a few nights beforehand. Just imagine what the UFO culture would be like if they'd watched I Love Lucy instead.

www.cracked.com...

You can go to Cracked and read the rest, they're pretty good too.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The Youtube link for The Bellero Shield, which was an Outer Limits episode wouldn't load for me so i didn't link it here. But below are images of the alien discussed above. Interesting.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Can we add to this:

THERE IS NO "HOPI BLUE STAR KATCHINA" PROPHECY!!!!!!! This was made up by a radio show host calling himself "Robert Morningsky" just because he wanted more listeners. More info

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I totally agree about "The Greys".

Funny how current renderings of what they look like COMPLETELY CHANGED after Close Encounters of the Third Kind came out.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Haha I saw this too, but I saw it on thechive.com.

new topics

top topics

join