It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Ridge's Investments? Homeland Security Contractors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Conflict of interests is an understatement when the very same official who can send the Terror Color Code all over the spectrum also has nearly $1M invested in those same contractors soliciting his office!

www.cq.com
Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge had investments last year in a number of companies with contracts with his department and others who want to profit from homeland security, a new list of his assets shows.
Figuring out the exact value of his assets as reported on the financial disclosure form made public by www.politicalmoneyline.com Wednesday is impossible, however, because of the broad price ranges Ridge can assign to his investments on the disclosure form. For example, he reported investments in 41 companies at values between $1,001 and $15,000, and in 4 companies at values between $15,001 and $50,000.
The disclosure forms for department heads and other top White House officials, known as the Executive Branch Personnel-Public Financial Disclosure Report, are normally completed in May for the year before, according to Politicalmoneyline.com. - Ridge signed his disclosure document Aug. 12. The document became available just this week.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Here's a sample of his investments; cross reference to some of the news items that have spiked since Ridge was appointed, with HIS office aiding the information drip into the 24 hr news cycle, and it looks even worse:

- The pharmaceutical companies Baxter International, Merck and Pfizer, all of which have had a stake in a smallpox vaccine. Ridge said he had an investment worth $1,001-$15,000 in each company.

- Raytheon, a subcontractor to Accenture on a $10 billion contract for DHS� entry-exit program, U.S. VISIT, as well as a subcontractor to Northrop Grumman on its Homeland Secure Data Network contract. Ridge said he had an investment worth $1,001-$15,000 in the company.

- Unisys, which in 2003 was selected to manage four �Operation Safe Commerce� pilot programs funded by DHS. In August 2002, the company won a $1 billion contract with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for information technology managed services. Ridge disclosed he had an investment worth $1,001- $15,000 in the company.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Bout Time]

[edit on 28-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow.

He actually has 1000-14,999 bucks invested in Merck and Unisys.

BFD.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Why would he want that job unless he could profit from it...
still doesn't scratch the surface of Rumsfields sale of nuclear reactors to North Korea... i think he probably made more money than Ridge did by a long shot... isn't this what Martha went to jail for...insider information USED FOR PROFIT...
except in Ridges case... it is more than slimey, he is abusing the trust of the american people to improve his bottom line... oh wait... nevermind, i forgot he was a republican... situation normal.... nothing to see here....
really though...

isn't this kinda like finding out that BUSH had an insurance policy on the trade towers....with double indemnity for a terrorist action destroying them?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ok here we go again - I would love to have a dollar for every US polition that I have heard fiddling with this sort of sh!t... Bush and his oil, Clinton and (can't remember, but something...), etc, etc, etc....

Why is it that the proof is so damning and conclusive, yet never a reprisal, impeachment or even investigation?

Strange country the US... A president or politition can get away with virtually anything, but have a fat chick suck their p***k and all kinds of investigations and trials start... not to mention the mommies boy, puritain, I'm the cleanest angel, inqusitor Kenneth Starr types sniffing around like flies on Sh!t...

I don't understand it...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I can't understand why you can't understand the U.S. lol. People are people, and those who have wealth and power behave the same way all over the world. I don't know where you're from, but I'm willing to bet that your country is populated with people... the same kind of people that live here in the U.S. and everywhere else. Show me a politician (of ANY nationality) and I'll show you a criminal. This stuff happens where you live too, unless you live in some sort of virtual utopian fantasy world lol.

top topics

join