It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirtland Air Force Base Radar/Visual UFO - November, 1957.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
More 'flying egg' reports from the same time and area:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Flying egg report from November 6th?

Radium Springs Sighting

According to the brief account we have, at 10:50 PM, one Las Cruces policeman, one Dona Ana County Deputy Sheriff reported a single round object - changing from red to green to blue to white, which rose vertically from a mountain top..

link

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Two more egg shaped UFO reports from November 2nd.

I have heard from Jan Aldrich that Nov 2nd of 1957 was a very busy day. Here is a partial list of the sighting that occurred that day.

Youngstown, Ohio, early morning, two waitresses see egg-shaped object zipping along near cemetery.

Souther, Dominican Republic, 1:00 am. Strange bodies in “Y” formation.

Brenham, TX, 5:50 pm Glowing Saucer Near the North Carolina-Virginia State line 6:50 pm an object hovered over a car while the driving down the road for 10 minutes.

Logansport, LA, 7:00 pm, bright object hovered and disappeared down below hill.

Shreveport, LA 7:00 pm Landing of a glowing object.

Fort Worth, TX, about 8:00 pm boy sees an egg-shaped object going northeast. Between Seminole & Seagraves, TX, 8:30 pm. Car Stalling as lights rose up from road and sped away.

Near Littlefield,TX (30 miles North of Levelland) 1100 pm couple say fireball and small object sighting–moved west then south.

Amarillo, TX 11:20 pm Two CAA tower operators saw blue colored object (meteor?)

Near Amarillo, TX (late evening?) A couple flagged down a police officer and reported an incident similar to Siado’s.

DR. J. ALLEN HYNEK & THE 1957 LEVELLAND UFO

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Egg-Shaped Object Stalls Car - Nov. 4, 1957, El Paso, Texas:

Nov. 4, 1957; 3 miles SE of El Paso Airport, Texas (BBU)

7:30 p.m. Border Patrol inspector Burton saw egg­shaped object with bluish glow approaching from the SW at 30° elevation with whirring sound like artillery shell after car stalled and headlights dimmed and blacked out. Object passed over car at 100 ft height headed W, changing altitude at irregular intervals, rose vertically at Franklin Mtns.
(Hynek UFO Rpt p. 181; FUFOR Index)

link

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
More details about Alagogordo sighting:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
More civilian reports and further details of the object witnessed landing at the isolated 'Trinity' missile site ('brightly lighted egg about 75 yards in circumference').

Full

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Possible photographs of the object taken by Mr Duncan from Las Cruces.

Stokes made notes on what he had seen, and even made a diagram of its location in relation to the mountains to the East and Highway 54. He said he talked with a Mr Duncan of Las Cruces who took pictures on a 35 milimeter camera. He also talked with an Allan Baker from White Sands Proving Ground whose auto had also been stalled by the appearance of the object.

Link

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yet another relevant article (sourced by Zorgon)

A 'Huge Oval-Shaped' UFO Hovering Over A-Bomb Bunker at Trinity Site 1957

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yet another egg shaped UFO report from two fishermen - taken from the Florence Morning News (6th of November, 1957).

link

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
More info from NICAP on the egg shaped UFO wave from the first two weeks in November, 1957.

Between November 2 and November 14, 1957, in several different localities in the United States, as well as one each in Canada and Alaska, the sighting of UFOs was attended by the stopping of car engines, the dimming of headlights, and the interference of car radios, only during the times UFOs were visually in evidence. Among these localities are the following 13 different places:

Nov. 2 & 3 Levelland, Texas

Nov. 3 Springfield, Illinois

Nov. 3 Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nov. 4 Elmwood Park, Chicago

Nov. 4 Alamogordo, New Mexico

Nov. 4 Kodiak, Alaska

Nov. 5 San Antonio, Tex.

Nov. 5 Houston, Texas

Nov. 6 Plattsburg, N. Y.

Nov. 6 Danville, Ill.

Nov. 7 Moutville, Ohio

Nov. 10 Hammond, Ind.

Nov. 14 Jamara, Ill.

In most instances reports of these occurrences were made by officers of the law, such as sheriffs, policemen, and highway patrolmen. Officers of the law are not given to tall tales of fantastic happenings. Moreover, they are trained to observe, record, and report accurately on all happenings in the districts in their charge, where such happenings pertain to the public safety, or are related to the protection of the general public.

A New Dimension in UFO Phenomena

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
More info from NICAP on the egg shaped UFO wave from the first two weeks in November, 1957.

Between November 2 and November 14, 1957, in several different localities in the United States, as well as one each in Canada and Alaska, the sighting of UFOs was attended by the stopping of car engines, the dimming of headlights, and the interference of car radios, only during the times UFOs were visually in evidence. Among these localities are the following 13 different places:

Nov. 2 & 3 Levelland, Texas

Nov. 3 Springfield, Illinois

Nov. 3 Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nov. 4 Elmwood Park, Chicago

Nov. 4 Alamogordo, New Mexico

Nov. 4 Kodiak, Alaska

Nov. 5 San Antonio, Tex.

Nov. 5 Houston, Texas

Nov. 6 Plattsburg, N. Y.

Nov. 6 Danville, Ill.

Nov. 7 Moutville, Ohio

Nov. 10 Hammond, Ind.

Nov. 14 Jamara, Ill.

In most instances reports of these occurrences were made by officers of the law, such as sheriffs, policemen, and highway patrolmen. Officers of the law are not given to tall tales of fantastic happenings. Moreover, they are trained to observe, record, and report accurately on all happenings in the districts in their charge, where such happenings pertain to the public safety, or are related to the protection of the general public.

A New Dimension in UFO Phenomena

Calgary eh? Used to live near there awhile back. I wonder if the egg shaped ufo's will ever return.....

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: clt1994

Thanks for the reply mate and certainly didn't think there'd be this many similar (and separately located) reports when I started this thread - just take a look at how many entries there are here for November - don't know if the egg shaped UFOs will ever return but think it's fair to call the first 2 weeks in Nov, 1957 a 'flap'.

Here's the report for Calgary - also plenty of other reports at the link.

3 November. Highway 9, near the Alberta-Saskatchewan boundary, Canada. (about 7:00p.m.)

It had no wings. The car started acting up.

According to a Canadian press account:

"An unidentified flying object was seen over eastern Alberta Sunday evening by a Calgary woman. The Herald learned today as results of similar sightings filtered in from all over the continent.

''Not since the first flurry ofUFO sightings burst upon the world eight to 10 years ago has there been so much activity about mystery objects in the sky.

"Majority ofthe sightings in the U.S. have been near secret military installations and of a nature which almost exactly duplicates the experience of 28-yearold Calgarian Edna Ireland.

"She as driving back from Saskatchewan with two women friends Sunday evening when she saw the object about 7 p.m.
"They were about 15 minutes inside the Alberta-Saskatchewan boundary on highway No.9 when it appeared in the sky.
"It was a blinking light, almost centered over the car above them, and about 15 times the visual size of a star. 'I thought it was a lane at first but it had no wing lights as a plane would have.

"'It looked like the blinking beacon at the airport fixed up in the sky. " 'It was moving very fast in a curve which carried it toward the .northwest horizon. By the time it reached the horizon it had blinked 15 times from the first sighting.'
"As it curved over the car 'the car started acting up ... [not clear] coughed and the headlights flickered. We chalked it up to loose wiring."' (xx.)

(xx.) Calgary, Canada. The Calgary Herald. 6 November 57.

PDF

" Also thought it was interesting this occurred near the Saskatchewan border as that place has had more than it's fair share of freaky UFO incidents (link).

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
a reply to: clt1994

Thanks for the reply mate and certainly didn't think there'd be this many similar (and separately located) reports when I started this thread - just take a look at how many entries there are here for November - don't know if the egg shaped UFOs will ever return but think it's fair to call the first 2 weeks in Nov, 1957 a 'flap'.

Here's the report for Calgary - also plenty of other reports at the link.

3 November. Highway 9, near the Alberta-Saskatchewan boundary, Canada. (about 7:00p.m.)

It had no wings. The car started acting up.

According to a Canadian press account:

"An unidentified flying object was seen over eastern Alberta Sunday evening by a Calgary woman. The Herald learned today as results of similar sightings filtered in from all over the continent.

''Not since the first flurry ofUFO sightings burst upon the world eight to 10 years ago has there been so much activity about mystery objects in the sky.

"Majority ofthe sightings in the U.S. have been near secret military installations and of a nature which almost exactly duplicates the experience of 28-yearold Calgarian Edna Ireland.

"She as driving back from Saskatchewan with two women friends Sunday evening when she saw the object about 7 p.m.
"They were about 15 minutes inside the Alberta-Saskatchewan boundary on highway No.9 when it appeared in the sky.
"It was a blinking light, almost centered over the car above them, and about 15 times the visual size of a star. 'I thought it was a lane at first but it had no wing lights as a plane would have.

"'It looked like the blinking beacon at the airport fixed up in the sky. " 'It was moving very fast in a curve which carried it toward the .northwest horizon. By the time it reached the horizon it had blinked 15 times from the first sighting.'
"As it curved over the car 'the car started acting up ... [not clear] coughed and the headlights flickered. We chalked it up to loose wiring."' (xx.)

(xx.) Calgary, Canada. The Calgary Herald. 6 November 57.

PDF

" Also thought it was interesting this occurred near the Saskatchewan border as that place has had more than it's fair share of freaky UFO incidents (link).

Cheers.

No problem and thanks for the links, i'll take a look at them tommorow. Almost 3:20am here lol

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Which regions of space are 26 years away? a reply to: greyer

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Cannon AFB 1976
In NM between ABQ and Levelland (Lubbock area).
Note: I grew up in Clovis, went to NMSU (near White Sands) and now live in Northern NM.
edit on 31-8-2015 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Maybe it was looking for the H Bomb my Grandfathers'
B-36 accidentally dropped there a few months earlier ?
He was the pilot and to be clear it ripped through the bomb bay
after shearing the rod designed to hold it.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
More details on separate (and similar) cases during the specific dates and corrections in data from Brad Sparks:

JAN ALDRICH - LETTERS TO JERRY COHEN

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Similar object at the end of this Hangar 1 episode(season 2, episode 6), starting at 43 minutes in.

www.dailymotion.com...

Two officers in a helicopter report encountering a large yellow orb like craft. The orb takes notice the officers are following it and it moves up eye level with the chopper, literally right next to it.

Sgt Simpson -Reporter
Officers Roger Cane and Tim Jenkins
Glendale CA - Feb 1, 1977 - 8:40pm
edit on 17-2-2020 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well ,I head this same story before but I heard it from my father who was stationed Kirkland AFB. He witness this object. I can say the flight path in the article accurate from what my father told me. Never thought I would see the day that this ever came up on the ATS board in such detail. And yes my father was on their runway along with a few bomber crews watching this object.

So it is a real sighting that you can be sure of. My father is still with us and is 84 ,still sharp as as tac. I'll show this to him and verify if the article writer had missed anything. He will be surprised that's unclassified now.

I read some of the report ,yes it was raining just like my father told me. People did think it was aircraft or a stunt aircraft of some kind. Then it became very apparent that it wasn't. Yes it did reach that B58 pad, just like the report states . I'd didn't read all of it yet ,but there were more personal not just the ATC personal.

Some are probably thinking why did he tell you? Well I'm retired military . Enough said. I'll touch base with my father and run this by him.

The photo of KAFB runway shows only half of it. Which is the upper half. The other half is on the is part that black access road it get way bigger . It your photo is good representation .

Keep mind that run 26 east west was 5 miles long at time.
And the tower was at one end and the B58 pad near the other end. A good 2 or 3 miles apart. That why they picked up the 7x binoculars. The runway today is still 5 miles long , but has been gated off halfway and is somewhat divided by a road with gate that easily opens up the entire runway if needed. Oh and yes my father said that craft flew very low like 20 feet off the main runway very slow, then hovered 4 or 5 minutes not far from the B58 pad.
kind of like if they were taking a tour of it base. Lol

Night everyone

edit on 17-2-2020 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2020 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join