It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do The Isreali Leadership Consider Themselves Messiah? Yes, According To Isreali Intelligence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Interesting RT article stating that Isreali intelligence believes that "Messianic" beliefs are driving Isreali foreign policiy makers. Does this make Isreal take the path of religious extremism, because thats how it appears to me.

Indeed, does Netanyahu consider himself to be the "Messiah"? Personally I dont see him in that light

Isreali Intelligence:
“I don't have faith in the current leadership of Israel to lead us to an event of this magnitude, of war with Iran,” Diskin explained. “I do not believe in a leadership that makes decisions based on Messianic feelings.”

Isreali Intel Comment

edit on 29-4-2012 by TheMindWar because: Grammer

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Okay, if specific individual leaders see themselves as more than mortal men with divine inspiration..AT MOST...then those individuals need removal from Office and forced retirement in a quiet place somewhere that has plenty of nice young men in clean white uniforms and lots of soft surfaces to say safe around.

As a society, I'm missing your meaning, OP? Israel is a Religious state, founded to give the Jewish people a homeland and cultural base in the land their heritage shares with a few others....so how would it be at all surprising that they view their plight as a very religious one and in context that puts it in? Iran sure does.

Frankly.... Israel Vs. Iran in a titanic battle is just about foretold in detail for more than one Faith, if one just allows a little flexibility to fit things a little here and there.
I'd be rather confused if they were lead by something other than their Faith and Beliefs given the entire purpose for their Nation's existence?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think there is a medical term for what I am getting at here, its called "delusions of grandure". As for thier religious teachings, well following those correctly would be a good thing. However, religious texts IMO are open to interpretation which makes them dangerous.

Following teachings of common sense and common decency is one thing, believing you are a messiah is something different. How many people throughout history have considered themselves god? Why should modern leaders be any different?
edit on 29-4-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

It's a very disturbing possibility to consider your thread here, I agree. If we are putting aside the Rleigious basis for the nation as a whole and simply focusing on the idea that specific men in the Israeli Government leadership view themselves as PERSONALLY connected to or even AS the Messiah, I'd say house cleaning into that quiet place with soft surfaces is badly over due.

We all debate here about World War III and Iran vs. Israel..etc etc. It's great interest to hash out.... However, I think we ALL take this subject from the standpoint that those in power for all sides are sane, rational and intelligent.

If your suggestion about Messiah delusions is accurate, that isn't something we can take for granted and ..err... WoW.. I really don't feel comfortable with delusional men having launch authority over Jericho Missiles.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
hmm seems these jews basically have a master race mindset

new topics

top topics

join