It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How scared are you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
# scared.

This is a thread for ALL people who feel vulnerable.

Vulnerable from a number of positions / bodies. Gangs, random enemies, cabal, rogue agencies, you name it.

Just post here and say few words how you feel and why

To begin, i just say i have been visiting this site since 2001 under another nick but reincanrated in 2003 with this handle. I just wanted to know if any other old schoolers are around, looking at member list most old members are banned

Never mind, please please please for health of all other members do no mend/delete/move this anywhere, just let it b

I have been feeling weak last few years, very weak. I will say why sometime later. mainly physical emotional and mental health, its very poor and i cant do anything about it. Right now i get these paranoid "fits" couple of times a day when im really afraid. I call them "catatonics". Last few hours and feels like someone is pulling my skin off.

At the same time i am very confused, and, i admit, on heavy anti psychotic medication. But it is no fault of my own, i have been through utter nightmare and hell during the last 7 years. I have been to some places and met people i would never wish to know...

Anyway, more talk later. For the sake of all old members Thomas Crowne, Zion, Kano, Byrd, all seeing eye, , Bandit 795, ultra_phoenix, Sceptic overlord - Theyre here and others let this thread just be, cos any emotional support will do me good.

edit on 28-4-2012 by Freeman because: forgot theyre here in the member list

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your trouble. I know I haven't been here very long, but I can relate to some of the things you are going through. There are times when out of the blue I feel overwhelming fear. I think that alot of it comes from my eyes being open to the things that are happening in this World. Someone made a thread a few days back about coming to ATS to get your "fear" fix. I admitted that I am a fear junkie. The problem is that sometimes I let that fear go to far, and it overwhelms me.
I hope you are able to get control of the emotional turmoil you seem to be going through.
Don't know your religious preferences, but I will be praying for you anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman
I have been feeling weak last few years, very weak. I will say why sometime later. mainly physical emotional and mental health, its very poor and i cant do anything about it. Right now i get these paranoid "fits" couple of times a day when im really afraid. I call them "catatonics". Last few hours and feels like someone is pulling my skin off.

At the same time i am very confused, and, i admit, on heavy anti psychotic medication. But it is no fault of my own, i have been through utter nightmare and hell during the last 7 years. I have been to some places and met people i would never wish to know...

There is absolutely nothing to be scared of.
You are a human being! The top of the food chain!
Fear is usually fed off those who instill it into the world.

As for myself...
I don't think scared is quite the word I would use.
But I do believe worried is better suited for me.

Let me rephrase that...
I was worried.
No more.

I realized that the only thing I can control is myself and my situation.
I can't control anything else, so I shouldn't worry so much about those things.
For a while, I was consumed with the end of the world, NWO and other thoughts.
But really...why worry? Why be scared?

If it happens, it happens.
There's nothing I can do to change the plan.

I am merely an enlightened spectator.

Enjoying the view.
(and secretly hoarding all kinds of stuff!)

But if you ever need a helping message or just some advice...u2u me.
I am usually a great listener.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
There is absolutely nothing to be scared of.
You are a human being! The top of the food chain!

The diseases running through my body ... sjogrens, glaucoma, degenerative disc disease, etc ... tell me that there is plenty to be scared of and we aren't at the top of the chain. Something else is in charge and we can't run away from It/Him/Her/Whatever. Autoimmune fatigue, pain, potential blindness,ect ect .. all systemic and progressive ... all very intimidating IMHO.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Worry and fear will get you nowhere but a bad place.

I have been following conspiracy theories since I was a child.
Was born in 1947 so I Have had more than I needed to cause fear in my heart.

It seems like life is repeating itself.In the 50's people were building bomb shelters underground and we all waited for the atomic bombs to be sent our way.

The cold war was most fearsome.
We expected WW3 to start at any time.

The bombs didn't drop and WW3 has not started.

So, after hearing about TSHTF any minute I am not afraid or am I worried about WW3 happening.

My biggest concern right now is what is happening in Japan but I am not afraid.

I refuse to allow what could be to ruin even one day in my life.

Stop the worry and fear.and enjoy life today.
Don't let what could happen take your joy away.

I don't know anyone who has been promised tomorrow.
Live and enjoy life now.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Very scared.

Thanks for replies / support guys it means alot.

If theres one thing i have learned over the years is that there is no place and no time for ignorance and weakness.
Nature will no allow these two things to prevail.

Anyone got skype? fancy a chat sometime later? we could offer one another some emotional support and maybe even practical one.

3 main problems/points/areas in my life now are:

1. I am still not sure what is going on.

2. i need to find turf where i can feel safe, secure and with good company.

3. i need healing, not just one area/problem here, not 2... i got a list here with around 50 points regarding my health, i will post it later

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

Get on a healthy diet-organics,free range animals if you eat them.
Turn the TV off,save up a small amount of food/money if you can and go camping with some good friends.
Take some time out to look at nature-sounds corny but its one of the best things you can do for your mental health.

Take a step back from your usual life if you can-it can help you appreciate everything in a different manner.

But don't do anything rash like quit your meds without talking to your doctor-ask if you can go on a lower dose to see if that helps-your brain really isn't designed for all these pysch meds whatever they may tell you,so a lower dose may help you if you have a good doctor..

Fruit juice,Exercise,Nature.
try it buddy.
It will get better.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The diseases running through my body ... sjogrens, glaucoma, degenerative disc disease, etc ... tell me that there is plenty to be scared of and we aren't at the top of the chain. Something else is in charge and we can't run away from It/Him/Her/Whatever. Autoimmune fatigue, pain, potential blindness,ect ect .. all systemic and progressive ... all very intimidating IMHO.

Maybe I should clarify.
I am not "scared" of anything on this Earth.
And by the top of the chain, I mean we are the most complex organisms on the planet.
We have conquered almost everything in our path and are still finding ways to beat things.
We are not perfect, nor will we ever be, but I'd say better off than most animals.
Of course things will frighten me or suppose I have a slight fear of heights...
But those fears never stay with me and it seems they are easy to overcome.
Intimidating people are scary, gangs or groups of thugs are too...but again...
Why let it ruin my outlook on life?
I studied martial arts to help overcome those fears.

Anything negative can be used to put fear in someone.
I refuse to let it dictate how I live though.

Disease and misfortune are not to be feared.
I have my problems just like the next person.
Some I will never discuss because of the severity.
And I'm sure everyone's problems are equally troubling.
Again, all these things we can't control.
So why be scared?

I can't live my life wondering what is going to get me next.
I'd rather deal with it accordingly and go on with my day.

Life is way too short to be scared.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't feel scared about anything, i'm too fearless and content for that. Sitting here now I can't force myself to fear.
but I am worried about my grandfather, who for the first time spent the night at the hospital getting tests to see if he now has throat cancer on top of Alzheimers, Dementia and Parkinsons.

I don't fear any person or thing in this moment, except a day in the future when my grandpa won't be there.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I fear men. Not all men, understand. But strangers, walking down a sidewalk or in the parking garage.

I will go out of my way to avoid a strange man. This includes every race, nationality, even age.

Once I was riding an elevator and five guys got on. Just me and these five guys. One said, "Let's get her!".

I'm sure he was joking, the others just chuckled and as soon as that door opened I was gone.

As a rape survivor, I KNOW my fear is irrational. The person who attacked me wasn't a stranger.

But some things are beyond your control, I guess.

OP, I'm sending hugs your way.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I am a man and I would do ANYTHING to prevent you or anyone on street from getting hurt in anyway.
keep your sense of awareness but don't let it determine in your mind that we can all hurt you.
of course I can't speak for you, but I just wanted to let you know, there is at least one strange man out there who would do their best to ensure the best for you, even though I don't know you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

As a rape survivor

Back in childhood, no - infancy, i experienced a whole array of abuse

Some of it has shaped my life dramatically
edit on 28-4-2012 by Freeman because: typo

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman

Originally posted by smyleegrl

As a rape survivor

Back in childhood, no - infancy, i suffered a whole array of abuse

Some of it has shaped my life dramatically

Past events will influence our lives. That's just part of living. The key is to not let your fear control your life.

I'm afraid of strange men, but that doesn't stop me from living my life. I avoid situations where I might encounter a stranger, but those situations are few and far between. And the next man who attacks me is going to be in for a surprise....my Kung fu is strong.

If you need to talk, or if I can help you in any way, message me.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
reply to post by smyleegrl

I am a man and I would do ANYTHING to prevent you or anyone on street from getting hurt in anyway.
keep your sense of awareness but don't let it determine in your mind that we can all hurt you.
of course I can't speak for you, but I just wanted to let you know, there is at least one strange man out there who would do their best to ensure the best for you, even though I don't know you.

Thank you for this. It means a lot.
Hugs

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

top topics

join