It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Road to Atlantis.[WRC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
In the cool morning hours after the battle. He found himself on the peak of the mountain overlooking the devastated battlefield. He could not believe that the previous days fight would be his last. As he watched the morning sun rise he was taken back by the beauty of the sight he was seeing. The morning sun was more brilliant and beautiful than had ever seen before. The glow of the sun against the blue of the sky was like the backdrop for a painting of heaven. He turned his face into the sun, closed his eyes, and let the light wash over his soul.

He looked down the hill at his troops. The brave warriors who have given so much in the way of this cause. His heart welled up with pride, knowing that it was his men, and his leadership that have saved the human race from annihilation. As he looked down the lines recognizing each different nationality and race. He realized that through this fight, mankind has risen above their problems. No longer will racism, hatred, and indifference prevail in this world. They fought as one, together facing the unknown. Never fearing each other, for they had come together to banish an enemy we had never foreseen.

The sun rose higher and the day became warmer. He started down the mountain to gather his troops and prepare them to leave for the capitol city. He had received the call in the hours following the official end of the war. He was to be the new leader of the world. He would take his troops to march in the victory parade, and then he was to be sworn in as the new leader of the free world. His accomplishments in battle were noted as the reason he was chosen. The most decorated warrior had to now become the peaceful leader of all of mankind. He worried that he would fail, that is until he began walking amongst his troops. They all stood tall as he walked about, and they steadily broke out in cheer. He knew they would support his every move. He also knew they would gather the support of their fellow humans because of their heroic actions during the war. His troops were to be looked at as the saviors of mankind, and shall be remembered for all of time. He knew that without the his troops, this world would have been destroyed. He was overcome with pride for his men and began to cry.

"Why are you crying sir?" asked private Jennings.

"I just can't help it. You men have made me so proud. You have saved us all and you are the most heroic sob's that I have ever had the privilege of commanding."

"But sir, we all followed you, and went where you told us. We would follow you to hell and back sir. although I think we already have and we would do again sir." said private Jennings.

He wiped his eyes, again stood tall and looked around at the many faces looking at him with respect.

" I love you all, and I can never thank you enough for your actions in this war. May you all live in peace for the rest of your lives. But, if trouble comes calling. I know you will all stand up and answer the call. Carry on men, we move out in an hour."

With that, he made his way to the command post as his headquarters element was stowing the gear and preparing for the much anticipated departure. Within the hour all of the troops and gear were loaded on the trucks and beginning the two day journey back to the new capitol city recently renamed Atlantis. During the two day journey, they would be met with the undying gratitude of everyone they met along the way. People would run out to the roads and offer gifts of food, booze, and even gold and silver. The women all dolled up flocked to the streets hoping to catch the eye of one of the heroes aboard the trucks. Everywhere they passed they saw the rebuilding and hard work of those they had been fighting for the last three years. When they reached the outskirts of Atlantis they were met by the brand new anti-gravity aircraft that were being produced here in the city. It was the most amazing sight to them as they had not seen an aircraft in at least two years. Many of the men were almost overwhelmed by the excitement surrounding them. Most couldn't believe they had made it this far and were alive to tell the tale.

It had been three years since the invasion happened. Most could remember that fateful day when the sky opened up and the evil invaders showed their presence. The large metallic spheres disappeared beneath the seas leaving everyone frightened for what was to come next. The militaries around the world went to full alert and immediately set up defensive perimeters along all the coastlines of every continent. Nobody realized the scale of the attack that was about to happen. Within the first week over 75% of the worlds military strength was depleted from the initial attack. Millions of men and women had also died during the initial attack. millions more would die in the coming weeks and subsequent attacks that would follow. It took just over two years to expose the weakness of the invading aliens and begin to really put up a real fight against them. It was the general who was responsible for finding that weakness. That's when he put together his men and lead them from battle to battle defeating every last reptilian soldier. It was hard to believe that they were able to survive the terrible fighting they had seen.

As the convoy headed towards downtown and the capitol building, he looked back at the trucks carrying his troops. They were covered with confetti and beer that was being sprayed on them from every direction. From the looks of it they were in heaven. They pulled into the large parking area behind the capitol and his men jumped out of the trucks and lined up in formation. He got out of his jeep and took his place at the head of the formation.

"Regiment, Attention" said the Sergeant Major. The troops all snapped to attention.

"Formed and ready sir" announced the Sergeant Major"

"Very Well, take your post" he said. With that the Sergeant Major took his place next to the general.

"Men, this is the last time I will address you as your commanding officer. I have never been more proud of anything than I am of all of you. You truly are the heroes of our time. So please, hold your heads high, and never forget those who died so that we can be here today. Now go enjoy your victory parade and celebration. When I give the order you will be dismissed and will be mustered out as well. I personally thank you for your service and will forever be in your debt.

"Regiment Attention, Dismissed" said the general.

With that the men dispersed and headed out to the parade. The general made his way through the crowd and headed towards the podium to begin his new role as the leader of the new world. He was immediately sworn in by the newly formed world congress and swore to allegiance to the new constitution of the world. He spoke to the crowd and to everyone watching and listening and gave praise to the efforts made supporting him and his men throughout the fight. He gave his wisdom for how things were to be done but not in any detail as this was still to be determined. He emphasized that the people will be instrumental in the process of forming this new system. After his speech he walked back stage and was met by his true love. The reunion had been three years in the making and it wasn't until this moment that it finally started to hit home. The time for peace had come.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Interesting. Is this a quote from a novel or of your own work because if it is I must say your quite good at writing. A few spelling mistakes but your writing prose is quite professional.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Interesting. Is this a quote from a novel or of your own work because if it is I must say your quite good at writing. A few spelling mistakes but your writing prose is quite professional.

Thanks. It's actually just something that I did right on the spot. I have been writing quite a few stories for the contest this month and I am getting familiar with it all again. It had been a few years since I wrote anything until this contest started.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Thanks. It's actually just something that I did right on the spot. I have been writing quite a few stories for the contest this month and I am getting familiar with it all again. It had been a few years since I wrote anything until this contest started.

Haha srsly? Your writing flows really well for the few minutes you spent on it. When I write (I normally write fantasy stories) but want to try writing Science Fiction. Anyway I always have trouble making it flow smoothly if you know what I mean. There are some parts especially towards the end where it loses its flow but its great nontheless.
I am new btw so this is the first time I've heard about this writing contest but I am definately interested.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Well, welcome to ATS. There are some really good writers here to draw inspiration from. This is the first contest I have participated in so we will see how it goes. I'm working on a doosey right now and hope to have it finished by the end of the month but we will see.

Here is the thread for the contest.Ruler of the world wring contest[WRC]

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Thanks for that mate will do.

top topics

join