It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Republicans Seek Plain Vanilla Choice for Vice President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yes, that's really the title of the article

Many Republicans Seek Plain Vanilla Choice for Vice President

Many Republicans hope presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney opts for an uncontroversial choice as his running mate. That could well mean Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, Politico reports.

Meanwhile, the history of Romney’s hires at Bain Capital, the private equity firm he co-founded, indicates he may choose a candidate in his own image. That would mean someone “smart, ambitious, clean-cut, and a little awkward,” according to The Hill. That also could signal Portman, or perhaps Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels.

Much of the vice presidential speculation has focused on exciting choices, such as New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, and Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, chairman of the House Budget Committee. But Portman, budget director in George W. Bush’s White House, cuts a much lower profile. While Rubio will release what may be a blockbuster autobiography this summer, Portman’s last book, published in 2004, provided a history of Ohio’s Shaker society. And while Christie and Ryan have advocated for bold changes in government policy, Portman has offered bipartisan bills on energy efficiency and cutting government bureaucracy.

My guesses in order ( I DID guess Sarah Palin correctly four years ago) -
1- Chris Christy
2- Paul Ryan
3- Marco Rubio

Rubio would be the smartest choice of the three but I don't know if Romney's ego can handle having someone who would outshine him. The VP has to be someone who can do the job and who will bring in votes, but many people who are POTUS can't handle sharing the spotlight. A Rubio VP pick would outshine Romney ...

Anyways ... Republicans looking for 'plain vanilla' choice for V.P.
... I'm sure you all could have fun with that.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
ahahahah at the title

more people prefer the milk chocolate guy

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Plain vanilla, huh? That's what the Republican establish wants not what conservatives want. The establishment wants an empty suit moderate for POTUS and VP which is why we got McCain and now Romney. Republicans don't like conservatives...it's painfully obvious. They want the status quo and they truly believe that's the only way to win elections. 

People are tired of the status quo!! They'd better get a true conservative VP or conservative turnout this November will be negligible. 

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Around here the papers keep pushing Kelly Ayotte as a choice.

She's this crazy psycho former state attorney who would sentence everyone to the chair without a trial if she could.

One of those "if a cop doesnt like you it's because you did something bad and deserve to die" people.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Plain Vanilla ?

Secret anagram?...The....Palin Villain !!???

OK...so I had to add an "i"...

OK, Seriously Flyers, those 3 folks you listed don't want to play 2nd fiddle. Too much ambition and they can wait until 2016. A VP largely follows marching orders of the POTUS functioning at best as mouthpiece for policy that they are handed.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Plain Vanilla?
isn't that a racist term?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Plain Vanilla?
isn't that a racist term?

Actually I think naming our potential POTUSs and VPs after Ice Cream is a good idea....Half-Baked? Chubby Hubby? Rocky Road? It might make the election season more tolerable.

new topics

top topics

join