It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Activists Trash Park on Earth Day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks for posting that, just to expand on it a little.

To set the record straight here, the people partying on Fort Mason Green last Saturday would hardly identify themselves as part of any particular group that promoted anything other than getting drunk on cheap beer. There was no organized Earth Day celebration, and (perhaps more to the point) the partying occurred on April 21st. Which would be the day before Earth Day, for those keeping score at home.

The article goes on to justly lay into FOX and point out a few other skewed reporting incidents. This is what FOX does...all the time. It's like people are completely unaware that it's owned and run by Rupert Murdoch who's currently swimming in poop in the UK because of the whole phone hacking scandal.
/facepalm

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, I appreciate the people clarifying these weren't specific Earth Day activists. We;re just dealing with typical trash from the local community, trashing their own public spaces and showing the environment no respect whatever.

I'd hate to have thought these were local trash WHILE celebrating Earth Day. Somehow I guess it's better knowing they do this for any 'ol reason just to tear up the park and get drunk. err... At least Fox was wrong though, right?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Honestly I should amend, this is what corporate media does...all the time.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Good point if that's true.

But then the 1% should have taken the initiative to prevent the problem, and at least clean it up.

Of course it got cleaned up.

There are events like this going on all the time in parks, they all get messy, they all get cleaned up. Otherwise the event would not be allowed again.

This is a ridiculous hit piece. Trash that can be cleaned up is nothing compared to the environmental damage being done by industry. But if course it's OK when money is being made.

It does annoy me though that people just throw their trash on the floor. I see this everyday on the street, people open something and just throw the package in the sidewalk. Too lazy to find a trash can, or put it in a pocket till they can find one.

edit on 4/25/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I remember being young and I threw something out of the car window, my mom stopped the car and made me go get it (safely of course). I've done the same to my son. His friend likes to litter in his yard and my yard...he doesn't get away with it in mine lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
To the green haters or pollution lovers(?):

I would just like to know why people are so against keeping this earth clean? Shouldn't everyone be an environmentalist? After AshleyD clearing this up, it amazes me how so many can hate people that want a clean environment. Is there actually support for contaminating our earth, our food, our air, and our water? Sure, some people are misguided into believing the government and it's carbon taxes will solve the problem, but those people want the environment to not be polluted. They just have the wrong solutions in mind because the media manipulated them. Instead of attacking people like that, why wouldn't you just educate them? Why attack people for wanting an unpolluted environment? Educate those who think carbon tax is the solution and figure out other ways of protecting our planet. Surely you have noticed that people aren't destroying the planet. (Citizens.) It's the corporations and governments/militaries that are the polluters. That's a fact, ok. So people will naturally think carbon taxes will hurt or control these corporations. That is pretty much the line of thinking that makes some believe it is the answer. All you have to do is educate without attacking them. No one gives a sht what you say when you start attacking them. Hating people because they want a clean environment is just retarded.

Question: Does anyone seriously not think pollution is a problem? Anyone think the earth is just fine? Is anyone NOT an environmentalist? Do you think business has a right to pollute our world? Is it fine for corporations to contaminate our air, food, and water as long as a tiny minority reaps massive profit? What exactly do you think you are getting for the destruction of our ecosystem? I am trying to figure out the mindset of those that would attack environmentalism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join