It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-spy: Destroying CIA tapes purged 'ugly visuals'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
So the blacks ops community can destroy evidence if it seems unsavory? According to CIA officer Jose Rodriguez and CIA lawyers, he has the authority to do it.

"I wasn't going to sit around another three years waiting for people to get up the courage," to do what CIA lawyers said he had the authority to do himself, Rodriguez writes. He describes sending the order in November 2005 as "just getting rid of some ugly visuals."
AP To be clear my issue isn't whether waterboarding and other forms of interrogation is right or wrong. I have more of an issue with the fact he feels he has the authority to destroy evidence. So this leads me to question. What other types of evidence does the black ops community think they have the authority to destroy? Do they have the authority to destroy anything that might look unfavorably upon them? After all, it's in the name of national security.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

That should read "confirmable evidence"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It's always important after committing any crime to "purge the ugly visuals". You never know when said visuals might be leaked allow something ugly like a war crime to be revealed... and then it's sooo expensive to put all that money and energy into prosecuting whistleblowers, all that media effort to make whistleblowers look like traitors. So much better to purge early and purge often.

new topics

join