It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nissan Hacked; Employee Credentials Stolen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Nissan Hacked; Employee Credentials Stolen

www.wired.com

Nissan Motor Company has announced that its network was recently hacked and the attackers are believed to have been after intellectual property for the company’s electric vehicle drivetrain system.

Nissan disclosed in a statement released Tuesday from Executive Vice President Andy Palmer that it discovered the breach on Apr. 13 and found malware that had been placed on the network that would have allowed the intruders to steal employee user account credentials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
And another one. Nissan is no different from the many other companies being targeted for inside user and system information. To my knowledge no one or group has stepped forward, could this be Anon or perhaps a new threat. With increased intellectual property theft on the rise its no secret that insider information like this can be very valuable, especially to struggling competitors. This sounds like Sony all over again.

brill

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

I doubt it was Anon. Anon normally takes credit for their work Most likely some kind of industrial espionage act. I infer that from the material that was targeted.
edit on 24-4-2012 by antonia because: added something

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
we may just have to wait until we can check out the drive train
on the next model of the Volt.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Are they bringing back the 240sx?!
leak that, hackers...then destroy all the other information.
STEALING IS WRONG(especially from Nissan/datsun, they make good cars)!
edit on 25-4-2012 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by brill

I doubt it was Anon. Anon normally takes credit for their work Most likely some kind of industrial espionage act. I infer that from the material that was targeted.
edit on 24-4-2012 by antonia because: added something

Completely agree. The number of companies being targeted for their property is rolling these days. There are also a lot of folks being nabbed too, like the fellow who stole HFT code from Goldman Sachs only later to be released of all charges.

brill

top topics

join