It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huntsman compares GOP to Communist Party of China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

On Sunday night Huntsman equated being disinvited by the Republican Party from a Florida fundraiser in March after he floated the idea of a third party to "what they do in China on party matters if you talk off script," according to political blog BuzzFeed.

On Monday the former Utah governor, who served as U.S. ambassador to China under President Barack Obama, blamed blogs for taking a sentence out of context, but repeated the sentiment. "Last night I said, you know if you're not on script and you get knocked out of an event like that the party's supposed to be big tent, you're supposed to bring in all ideas and I said, I thought for a moment about what they do in China if you're off script. The party, they knock you out," Huntsman said on MSNBC. "We shouldn't be doing that here. We should be accommodating all voices."

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Funny that Huntsman compares the GOP to Communists even though they are often the one to throw that word around.

Huntsman looks to be sick of the GOP.

Many thought of him to be the only sane GOP candidate running for President till he dropped out.

Seems the freedom lovin' Republicans didn't like that Huntsman called for a third party.

The GOP, the party of freedoms and tolerances for all Americans.

I liked Huntsman even though I disagree with many of his stances on issues. He seemed to be someone that could bring both sides of the aisle together, actually put country first before party.
edit on 24-4-2012 by MiddleClassWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
China are not Communist, they have a authoritarian regime and they are also capitalist.

They where a while back but have not been for a while now.
edit on 24-4-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Right so right wingers are commies now?

Huntsman what? just mad cause noone wanted you? sounds like it.

He sounds like a Democrat i guess we should go ask the manchurian candidate sitting in the oval office.

Oh just how many Gop members support China 1 child policy? hmmm i remember Biden making a comment about that.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MiddleClassWarrior

He did not compare them to Communists. He compared their actions to that of the Chinese government, who are not actually communist.

Since Huntsman has spent so much time there, I think his comparison seems apt. He's seen it in action, he knows the drill. Ad he's good at delivering lines that skewer the caricature of bravado that is 95% of the GOP these days.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

He did not compare them to Communists.

YES HE DID. He was comparing them to the Communist Party of China.

new topics

top topics

join