It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Sentenced to Death for Selling a Home to Jews

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Palestinian Sentenced to Death for Selling a Home to Jews

Former Palestinian intelligence official Muhammad Abu Shahala has reportedly been sentenced to death by the Palestinian Authority for selling a Hebron home to Jews. In response, Jewish officials from the community in Hebron are calling for international officials now to get involved—in order to save Abu Shahala’s life.

“According to various news agencies, Mr. Muhammad Abu Shahala, a former intelligence agent for the Palestinian Authority, has been sentenced to death, following a hurried trial. His crime: selling property to Jews in Hebron,” David Wilder and Noam Arnon, of the Jewish community in Hebron, write in a letter addressed to Ban Ki-moon, Hillary Clinton, Benjamin Netanyahu, and other high ranking officials.

Click link for remainder of article...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm not really sure where to even begin with this one. Sentenced to death for selling his house to people who are jewish. So it appears the argument some have been making that the hatred is towards the "Zionist regime" in fact is directed at anyone who is Jewish.

According to columnist Caroline Glick, this law has long been a part of the Palestinian Authority: “The PA was established in May 1994. The first law it adopted defined selling land to Jews as a capital offense. Shortly thereafter scores of Arab land sellers began turning up dead in Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria in both judicial and extrajudicial killings.”

Thoughts?

Anyone on the other side of the fence, I am particularly interested in your position on this.

Thanks
edit on 23-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It would seem like the PA likes to take away the freedom to sell your home to anyone for profit.. what else is new.

How tolerant, we are going to kill you because you sold your home to a Jew. Almost reminds me of the Nazis.
edit on 23-4-2012 by LoonyConservative because: na

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well depends on how you want to look at it. From our perspective it seems ridiculous because we percieve "Jews" differently than Palestinians. They probably perceive "Jews" much like we perceive "Al Qaeda" and I wonder how we would react if say, you or I knowingly sold our house to "Al Qaeda"...I'm not 100% sure but I would bet we would disappear and end up in Guantanamo with quite possibly a worse than death state of affairs.

I'd imagine they in particular don't like the "Zionist Jews" but don't TRUST any of them, and treat them ALL as possible "Zionist Jews" much like the US specifically dislikes "Al Qaeda" but doesn't seem to trust any "Muslim" or middle-easterner, and treats them ALL as possible "Al Qaeda"...

Having said all that and understanding where the Palestinians are coming from, I don't agree with it, just as I wouldn't agree with the US sending a citizen to Guantanamo for knowingly selling their house to a POSSIBLE..."Al Qaeda" member...or someone who just happened to be a Muslim or middle-easterner.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Viewing this from a Westerners viewpoint is problematic. I agree with what you are stating however I dont agree with the Al Queida comment in the manner suggested. Innocent until proven guilty comes to mind for the US which is why trying to apply a western view on this action, at least in my view, will be somewhat biased.

What I do see is a hypocrisy in the Palestinian equation caused in part by their own views / laws toward Israel / Israelis as well as their own people who dont neccissarily subscribe to the more aggressive posture.

I find it undermining to the PA cause when they make their argument against Israeli actions while at the same time applying those very actions on their own people.

I still maintain the PA cause has been hijacked by Arab groups intent on using it to destroy Israel instead of finding a solution.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My thoughts are that law is retarded, his land he can do with it what he wants. He should be able to sell it to a jew if he wants or put up a billboard saying Muhammad is a bastard if he wishes. I got my own land, no one is going to tell me what i can do with what is mine.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Actually, the idea of a law like that or the ones the Jews have towards the Palestinians is really lame considering they are basically the same genetic material and tribe. I just did a search and there are a number of papers that explain the genetics of Jews and Palestinians are the same. Plus, one would really have to consider this logical because they come from the same area and can be traced back to Abraham and earlier. It's all about religion, silly wabbits, they need grow up and get over themselves. And if a difference of religion is a problem, then it is THE problem, remove the problem.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/23.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
My thoughts are that law is retarded, his land he can do with it what he wants. He should be able to sell it to a jew if he wants or put up a billboard saying Muhammad is a bastard if he wishes. I got my own land, no one is going to tell me what i can do with what is mine.

Except maybe pay taxes for it, they will tell you to do/pay that...and you will, because its not "your land"...and if you don't it REALLY won't be "your land"...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

If its not really his land then how can he be sentenced to eath for selling it?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Sly1one

If its not really his land then how can he be sentenced to eath for selling it?

Sorry I kinda went off-topic for a second to illustrate a point that well, isn't really relevant to this thread, sorry about that. However I will answer your question.

Same way that I may be sentenced to death for renting a car that isn't mine and running someone over...you don't have to "own" it to be held responsible for what you chose to do with it.

I don't agree with the law, it is designed out of paranoia and both Israel and Palestine breed paranoia in each other to the point they make silly contradicting laws as presented in the OP.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Hmmm.. interesting.. It still confuses me a bit (the comparison).

When a person rents a car, that vehicle is in the perons lawful possession and if he intentionally causes an accident, he can be charged. However the charge is the result of his intentional action and not because he wrecked something that did not belong to him.

To me the argument sounds like this -
A person rents a car and while driving causes an accident. The driver is sentenced to death because the person he hit is jewish and only because they survived the accident.

Again, my western viewpoint based on western laws thats what im getting out of that. Im certainly not trying to be argumentative. I am truely intrested in this issue because to me it makes aboslutely no sense. The paranoia part you brought up for both sides makes sense, however its the sale of a house / property., not intelligence information.

new topics

top topics

join