It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I was six ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by McCool
Cool story bro. Way to go, spamming the Alien & UFO forum with a fantasy story containing absolutely zero value or merit.

I personally find the OP highly relevant. It's about how we perceive UFOs.

But perhaps you're not used to thinking about these things systematically and maybe learning from it? You just want the pics of the big bad UFOs, regardless?

I trust people more who are able to see the issues from several angles, and see the pitfalls, like the OP.

It means they'll process and consider their experiences before posting 'Aliens are here, waaa!!'. Without awareness people will remain ignorant and easy victims of tall stories. As we see here on ATS a lot.

Cool one-liner though, bro'.

edit on 2-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: typo

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by ScientificUAPer

Um, I'm pretty sure VVV was making a joke based partially off the thread topic and also the post of mine directly above his.

Ha, thx, sorry VVV, but this is a dangerous place for sly jokes, they're hard to tell from the content sometimes

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
That is my problem and I can't seem to get excited about things as others do. It would be more fun living in a world where your belief shapes your view of reality. I was never someone that jumped to conclusions even when I was drinking. I have good long range vision, can focus on things far away, and am very much picky of interpreting details. This steers my perception to try to identify the object by it's actual shape and charicteristics without interference of my knowledge or belief. It's a boring world for me.

I have seen mysterious things like a star zigzagging in the sky at high speed but found that the russians had rocketed their old space station to burn up in the atmosphere that night from researching the news a few days later. I wasn't sure what I was seeing so researched it before telling anyone. Noone I knew had seen it except my wife. It went by about three times about fifteen minutes apart, must have been clipping to go around the earth that fast. Sitting around the campfire can teach you a lot

Don't you sometimes wish you could just see what others see even though it's not real?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Mmeory is a very crazy thing. Don't have photo graphic memory, but wish I did. My memory is in pictures though. Have had a few Psy classes but never brought the subject up. never gave it much thought. Now I wander how others memory works. When you remember some thing do you see it visualy or by another mechanism.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jvarga390

When you think about it, memories are primarily what our conscious minds are made of. I think the answer is that when you recall something you re-experience that memory in the sense that you originally experienced it. There is actual activity in the part of the brain associated with that sense.

Daniel Schacter has some good stuff on memory.

Here is an interesting article by Oliver Sacks

www.nybooks.com...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Originally posted by Druscilla
I went back inside unimpressed while neighbors still clucked about like chickens about the 'UFO'.
This is when i was six, and on remembering this, it fascinates me how even as a child I could see this plainly as what it in highest probability was indeed a weather balloon, while grown adults were quite convinced this was an alien spaceship.

Thank you very much for your story.
Of course this argument goes both ways.
Do you give them the benefit of the doubt?

Also it would be interesting to know if the adults perceived it as tear shaped at all (because that should be obviously a Balloon then)

edit on 18-5-2013 by derpif because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join