It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you ever enjoy an apocalyptic world (of your choice) and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I mean honestly i play a lot of games and yes i know the world wouldn't be as fun but so many of the horrible people in this world would be gone and i dont meant the illuminati and TPTB i mean just people in every day life, such as people here in the UK such as chav's that go round stabbing people, the majority of these people will be gone, finished, no more.

I mean i wouldnt want something like a Nuclear Apocalypse, something more like a zombie apocalypse, because everyone is probably going to say this is sick, but i would prefer a world like this. where you have the freedom to do everything and anything you want and the people that are good will work together and the people that are just bad will slowly die off...

Anyway i just thought i would let that out because i love speaking to my friends about what would you do in an apocalyptic situation...

So my final question to you is what would you do in an apocalyptic situation (of your choice) and do you think that you would learn to like the new world that you are in?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My apocalyptic world of choice would be like Terminator; man fighting machines. I am an IT by profession, and am intrigued by the possibility of getting revenge on the things that can cause me so much stress...

An apocalypse scenario also intrigues me because of the idea of people coming together for a common cause - survival. I'm sure it would be hell, but intriguing nontheless!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
My favorite apocalyptic world would be one where I'm the only person left after everybody else disappeared mysteriously.

I would love to have entire cities all to myself.

I would go and explore everything and go into places where I was never allowed to.

However, I would probably stay away from the mainland united states because in a few months of absolutely no maintenance the nuclear power plants will have a meltdown, so I'd want to get away from that somehow. Maybe go to South America to get away from it all.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Any "apocalyptic world" would be one of extreme misery and discomfort.
There would be little to no allowance for sleeping and rest as you would always have to be ready to deal with a direct physical threat. Complaining on the internet, while sitting in an air conditioned room in a relatively stable social environment can make one long for a bit of adventure, but step back and appreciate what you've got, regardless of the annoyances, injustices, etc. If the apocalypse comes, you will likely miss your current situation, as dull or pointless as it may presently seem.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theangrypea
I mean honestly i play a lot of games and yes i know the world wouldn't be as fun but so many of the horrible people in this world would be gone and i dont meant the illuminati and TPTB i mean just people in every day life, such as people here in the UK such as chav's that go round stabbing people, the majority of these people will be gone, finished, no more.

I mean i wouldnt want something like a Nuclear Apocalypse, something more like a zombie apocalypse, because everyone is probably going to say this is sick, but i would prefer a world like this. where you have the freedom to do everything and anything you want and the people that are good will work together and the people that are just bad will slowly die off...

Anyway i just thought i would let that out because i love speaking to my friends about what would you do in an apocalyptic situation...

So my final question to you is what would you do in an apocalyptic situation (of your choice) and do you think that you would learn to like the new world that you are in?

zombie fest would be fun but in videgames you have a health line and you can save and load... in real life one bite and your out!
plus you would need some fantastic training to defeat hordes of zombies, which i don't have, so i guess i am just going to keep playing dead island, stalker & metro2033 and dream only there and hope that civilization wont get caught up in that situation

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
No It would be hell.
Firstly you would never get to choose an apocalyptic world scenario. To choose a world without a**holes and TPTB and repression wouldn't be apocalyptic it would be idyllic. Still good to get people thinking about it in a practical way.

Sadly as well as a lot of bad people being gone so would a lot of good people. Brutality would become the new currency and human nature would devolve very quickly. The trouble with the 'chav' mentality is that it is unthinking, being feral and ruthless comes more easily to them than to a nice middle class thinking person with ideals of fairness and justice etc.
If it comes to an Armageddon scenario its back to defending your castle from everybody and fighting for survival and dwindling resources.
Hell on earth.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Theangrypea

Zombie apocalypse.

When SHTF, it's because I'm swingin' that fan.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I admit it would be fun but i think that i would become so lonely so fast and when it comes to night i would be so creeped out, i would want the tv on just to feel like i had company
now if it was with a few other people then yeah that would be good

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Nice, OP, that's a really good question.

I do have to point out that you said all the bad people would be gone. Odds are that the bad guys would make up the majority of the survivors as they would have no limits on who they have to step on to survive or what they'd be willing to do to ensure their own survival.

My post apocalyptic world....

A giant pulse of unusual radiation has hit the planet. All but .0005 % of the male population has been sterilized. I, of course, and those who vote for me will naturally be unaffected. The rest of the male population, in a masterful stroke by the universe, suddenly has FULL access to their brain's potential and they know without doubt that their condition is irreversible. In order to repopulate the planet, the .0005 % are to be rounded up, have their freedom stolen, and have medical procedures done so that test tube farms can be made. DNA is used to create an army of failed human beings.... monsters that seek to find and enslave us!

So of course, an undergound network of Naturalists try to kidnap us first. The .0005 must seek each other out and band together to fight for our rights to exist in freedom!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

Thats a new one
it sounds quite interesting haha, different to all the typical ones and yeah i know what you mean about the bad people, perhaps it would be the other way round
but yeah thanks for your post, its a new one to add to the many

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Unfortunately, IMHO in a post ap world, bad would triumph over good. Lets face it. Good = conscience hence when any fighting breaks out (ie people attack where you are) then those who have less conscience, will steam roller over any good group. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think so. This is why I have trouble in thinking that the saying "good will tiumph over evil" is correct

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

What if killing and all the bad stuff that good ppl don't do was for the greater good. I am a person of good morale standing. I see a horde of "zombies" coming up my stairwell I am not asking questions I will kill them all. Hopefully the pile of dead bodies lying at the bottom of my stairs will then stop other derelicts from invading my little safe area. So by me killing I just did good. I did good because I saved my fam. I sent a message that crap like this is not acceptable. Finally, there are how many ever less bad guys to go and do bad things to ppl that want to make the world a good place for our kids kids.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Oh, we're getting detailed, then...

Well, let's see...nuclear holocaust. Right. Okay...and illegal experimentation with viruses, causing the creation of a virus designed to replicate at advanced speeds. The nuclear blasts leak the virus into the world, where the virus adapts to the caustic environment and infects every living mammal (and some creatures that aren't mammals) creating several species of monsters that confronts the survivors of the wipe-out.

These survivors then adventure across the world to find the source of the virus and the notes on it, accompanied by a lab assistant and a billionaire who funded the project, so that they can hopefully reverse engineer the formula and create an antidote that will not only serve as a weapon against the infected, but a vaccine that will save them all.

On discovering that all the notes were stolen just before they arrived, they find information leading to a secret base that is continuing the experiments, and they have to fight their way into the base, destroy experiments, and escape with the formula before an army of mutated lab employees can kill them. Unfortunately, they break open a bunch of vials during the pursuit and infect thousands of corpses stored as subjects for the planned experiments. Given that these new mutations are much more vicious than the original ones, they are caught between the infected employees and stored bodies (now reanimated and mutated) and the ones they were running from outside.

You can take the story from here...

p.s. I write a lot, so I couldn't help but actually create a storyline to go with the world.

edit on CMondaypm575732f32America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: I love writing!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Theangrypea

my choice of a apocolytic situation would be a super earthquake. Being left with with a couple million spread across the globe. Live humble 1800's type living. No nuke power the nuke stations would be sucked into the earth, no cars, my foods and form of transportation comes from what sweat and labor would bring me. Clean water, horse and buggy, hunting, gathering firewood, ya hard but simple life. And mist of all no alcohol or drugs.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hmm... Thing is in a post apocalyptic world if it was a survival situation with other humans then violence, death and brutal misery would rule - not my idea of fun!. So for my own version it would need to be either a terminator type apocalypse (mainly because I'd probably enjoy the engineering challenges of finding ways to fight and destroy machines) or one where everybody just disappeared mysteriously overnight. I could go exploring all the places I could never go in a full society. That would be pretty cool...

edit on 24/4/12 by Anon77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Are ya all out of your mind? You are almost ALL having fantasms about the end of our World! I only saw one who said words of logic and I gave him a star.
Apocalypse is not romantic, y'all know. Death rises to 50%, half your family dies, you can't sleep, always on the guard even after months. You all are saying thing, comfortably sitting in a chair in front of a computer, but what will happen if what you wish would come true? Have you ever experienced cold boots, and wind chilling you throught your coat? Or a burning sun with no water and a T-shirt for cover?
I did. It was not easy. Imagine that for years now. No more arts, technologies, nothing. Just blood, punches and punch back.
Sickening.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

i still want to hear the lamentation of their women

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spocksbuttbaby
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

I'll remember that when I create my apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Nope, no apocolyptic world.

And the human race is doing just fine. I don't buy this, people are horrible crap. Everyone does good and bad things.

Crime in the states is at a 50 year low. The news just convinces you otherwise.

Guess what you have in a post apocolyptic world? people doing good and bad things.

Now if you think things are worse, study some history. Study the roman coloseum, study medieval warlords, study the witch trials, study slavery. Study work houses. Study the life of Irish immigrants into America, and the absolute poverty they suffered.

Study the wild west when people were hung for stealing a horse.

If you were hurt or killed on the job, oh well. Your family starved.

And if you really want to know what life is like, study civil war medicine or dentistry.

No new society for me.

I like: grocery stores
cars
pain killers
anti biiotics
cancer medicines
anesthesia
museums
anesthesia
prosthetics
did i mention anesthesia?
beds
hot tubs
jacuzzis
chocolate
edit on 25-4-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

top topics

join