It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama shouldnt sit in rosa parks seat if hes not prepared to walk in her shoes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i just read this piece and decided to unlike obama on my facebook and make a post about it. but decided to discuss its conspiratorial weight with people here also.

heres an excerpt

Don’t look now Black America, but President Obama wants you to believe that he’s the heir to the Civil Rights legacy. The same President who capitulated to the Tea Party during the debt deal negotiations, gave the banksters who blew up our economy a “get out of jail free” card, unilaterally froze federal salaries (of which 25% of workers are black), sat idly by while Republican governors gutted unions, and left Congressional Democrats hanging out to dry while trying to defend his muddled Affordable Care Act, wants you to believe that he’s not the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz.

Standing on the shoulders of giants doesn’t make you yourself one. So here’s the deal; whenever Obama’s ready to step up to the plate, and into Mrs. Parks’ shoes, somebody call me. Until then, I’ll hold onto my lunch if he holds onto his humility, and thus, stays off Mrs. Parks bus, and away from MLK’s monument. It’s the least he owes to those who carved out this opportunity for him, even if his decision has been, thus far, to squander it.

i agree with the intention of the author in that obama is riding the coattail of the continuing struggles of blacks and civil rights advocates. without actually doing anything but pretending like he is an advocate himself; by, comparing trevon to a son in light of a father who lost one; by having a staunch line on decriminalization of weed; by bailing out banks and trying to decrease the intrest rate for college loans as his platform but not giving much attention to the college debt forgiveness act; and sitting in rosa parks seat like he earned the right to not have someone tell him "n!@@#$ go to the back".

www.yourblackworld.net... oes/

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Reply to post by Ausar

Yeah.
How unfitting it is for the first balck president to give a respectful gesture in rememberance of the woman who helped pave the way for his future during the civil rights movement. The first black president is no big deal at all and frankly he owes nothing to Rosa Parks at all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well, lets see... So far, Obama has compared himself to Ronald Reagan, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King and Jesus Christ himself.

Is there anything or anyone Obama DOES NOT see himself as being similar to or a chip off the 'ol block from??

I have to say though, trying to pimp off the Civil Rights movement is most offensive of all. As the American leader MOST DIRECTLY responsible for stirring racial hatred BACK up to the surface of this nation in at least 2 decades, he;s the last person I'd ever think has the right to claim he's somehow got ANYTHING relating to the peaceful and highly effective Civil Rights movement that made his own success possible.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

thats the kicker its not perceived as a respectful gesture; it is highly disrespectful and political and because of its political undertone it is more disrespectful.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

The hypocrisy of a liar is easy to see. We are all sinners by this nature. I notice this as I look at the Abortion issue and freedom of choice. Sitting in that seat shows the hypocrisy of saying one thing and doing another. Duplicity is something we must all run from.

Consider the thought of standing for freedom of choice for one issue (Killing of innocent babies) and then out of the other side of the mouth, taking away the freedom to choose a doctor, insurance policy, speech, own a gun or any other freedom that we are losing by the forced removal of choice.

Which is it? Does he stand for choice or does he stand for death and destruction by hypocrisy?

Indeed, the path we hoe and the seed we plant will determine the harvest we receive.

Here are some words I put together from the English language. Meaning comes from the choices we make when ordering our thoughts into meaningful ends.

Truth needs only one law, but requires a direction. For the garden to prosper, a gardener must suffer the hoe. This labor of intent moves the direction of reward if the labor is pure and grounded in love. The KEY to this knowledge can be found on the ground, a labor of toil toward the hidden treasure we find. Give and receive is the direction to bless. Take and destruction denies. The hoe clears the path for the seed to come forth. Deny the water and the seed becomes dry.

Proverbs 12:19
Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment.

We all need forgiveness. We also all need to bear fruit of that repentance.

edit on 21-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, lets see... So far, Obama has compared himself to Ronald Reagan, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King and Jesus Christ himself.

I

As long as he doesn't say he is bigger than Jesus. That didn't work to well for the Beatles.

Then again, he could be like Jesus, as we really don't know everything about Jesus. Perhaps during the lost years of Jesus's life, he was a political leader of some forgotten country.

top topics

join