It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Question You Should Ask Yourself In Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I like to consider myself an out of the box thunker from time to time, I often find myself having large realisations relevent to,my life and everyone elses alike.
I have even had a quantum physics hypothesis at the age of eleven and it was later made to tipler concept :p blew my mind when I found out.

Onto the point of this thread;

In this realm, in this planet in this universe..

Our planet has creatures that are of the same species but can be both inherintly good, or bad,

People are amung those species, I assume life on other planets would have these traits as they are so basic to any intelligence able to form emotion. So on each planet we have both good and evil and for a planet or a race...species to fully move on to a universal role they must either be 100% good or 100% evil. If both exist on one planet or if one does not have complete force over a planet then we would find governments and countries and the separation we see before ourselves today.

As I thought that another thought also came to mind to be completely good or to be completely evil is the final decision, at the end of the day when we have spaceships that can take us to places only dreamed of and money becomes obselete to us what are you going to do, be helpful and respectful to your fellow life or are you going to abuse it for personal gain?

The world has been in a certain frame of mind for so long and for each generation the difference is so dramatic we notice it with general interests, this cant be helped its a technological thing, and due to the elder generations age, in some cases theres just not enough time to explain all the updates in this drasticly changing world.

So there it is people..

Good or Evil.

edit on 20-4-2012 by SageBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Good and evil are subjective ideas. They aren't real. In Mayan times, human sacrifice was good. Things aren't good and evil, they just are.

In the bible, it was God's adversary that wanted us to see in terms of good and evil. Any time you say, "good or evil", you are supporting a Satanic agenda. Satan is probably just a metaphor for that which keeps you from God. God is unity. God is non-dual. Love and hate are more applicable, as they are something you can actually do. So there can be races of beings that are close to God and races that are away.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

I'd like to think that I'd choose good, but I don't think there's any way to truly know what we'd do unless we're put into that situation.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Good and evil are subjective ideas.

agreed...

Is good&evil something you are or something you do

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

If our civilisation ever reached its peak, figured out all it could about our universe or ever got free sustainable energy thered be nothing to to but explore and present a presence of good by helping other civilisations? Or do we divide and conquer?

Sure good and bad are concepts but they are also feelings, which makes them so much more.

Unless of course youre mental and you feel good by doing evil- subsequently making you evil.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
As smithjustinb said, good and evil are subjective.

What you define as good, another could potentially define oppositely. Try gay rights for example. There's a large segment of the global population that believes protecting the rights of homosexuals is good; then there's another segment that believes criminalizing and punishing homosexuals is good. Each side thinks the other is delusional or evil, or both. And there are many, many "moral" situations in the world which come down to the same thing. Wars have been fought over whose opinion is the correct one. If anything, attempting to define good and evil is inherently dangerous, because however wide you cast the net for what is "good", you will inevitably alienate some mentally healthy, ethical people who will scream bloody murder about how damn "evil" your side is.

Not that I have a problem with subjective judgments. Most of us get by in life by judging situations to the best of our ability, and this is something which has compelled us to do things that have benefited ourselves mightily. We are finite beings in an infinite sea, and taking the long view can sometimes screw up the short view quite badly.

But even in that short view, good and evil are very subjective ideals, which is something that should not be forgotten if extremism and violence are not our goals.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Good and evil are subjective ideas.

agreed...

Is good&evil something you are or something you do

More likely something you do, but even then what I consider a good deed, others might consider bad. Good and bad are mostly based on cultural morals which usually get indoctrined into individual beliefs and people tend to agree on what is good and bad, but they are established by a society and the society is free to change its definitions of what is good and bad at any time, at which point, they will still be indoctrinated into individual opinion.

So they are something you do, but really, they still aren't real.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno

Unless of course youre mental and you feel good by doing evil- subsequently making you evil.

This is exactly why good and evil aren't real. There ARE people who feel good doing what you might call evil, or bad. It is because they have justified their actions, and to them, they aren't doing anything bad at all. And they're right, they aren't as good and bad are relative.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

Is this a riddle? The correct answer would be "neither", since nothing can be wholly good nor wholly evil. There can only ever be varying degrees and combinations of both. This, of course, presupposes that good and evil have any meaning whatsoever.

What we objectively acknowledge as good is merely the prevailing morality of that time and place; and that morality prevails not because of its goodness, but because of its power.

ETA:

We must release ourselves from Aristotlelean logic. I think the fact that it's been used for thousands of years, and is ingrained in our way of thinking, wrongfully skews our view of the universe.
edit on 20-4-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno
I like to consider myself an out of the box thunker from time to time, I often find myself having large realisations relevent to,my life and everyone elses alike.
I have even had a quantum physics hypothesis at the age of eleven and it was later made to tipler concept :p blew my mind when I found out.

Onto the point of this thread;

In this realm, in this planet in this universe..

Our planet has creatures that are of the same species but can be both inherintly good, or bad,

People are amung those species, I assume life on other planets would have these traits as they are so basic to any intelligence able to form emotion. So on each planet we have both good and evil and for a planet or a race...species to fully move on to a universal role they must either be 100% good or 100% evil. If both exist on one planet or if one does not have complete force over a planet then we would find governments and countries and the separation we see before ourselves today.

As I thought that another thought also came to mind to be completely good or to be completely evil is the final decision, at the end of the day when we have spaceships that can take us to places only dreamed of and money becomes obselete to us what are you going to do, be helpful and respectful to your fellow life or are you going to abuse it for personal gain?

The world has been in a certain frame of mind for so long and for each generation the difference is so dramatic we notice it with general interests, this cant be helped its a technological thing, and due to the elder generations age, in some cases theres just not enough time to explain all the updates in this drasticly changing world.

So there it is people..

Good or Evil.

Good or evil is opened to enterpitation. So i would say symbiotic (service to all by all) vs parasitic egoism (service to self by all no matter the concequences and pain it causes). If you do something that is good for you and do not effect others the it will serve you symbioticly so it will be included in Service to all by all. A total parasitic ego society will destroy itself as we see in all the trouble around the world now. You get what you seed and beliving Capitalism will ever work is just crazy. Monopols and Oligopols are the natural evolution of capitalism and keeping the prices down is counterproductive to profit. Capitalist is a parasitic egoism system where the winners that get most money are the ones that are most ruthless they can get away without being noticed. Parasitic egoism needs lies to work and the best manipulator wins. Service to All by All need no lies and everything can be in the open since all is equal and there is nothing to hide.

These are my views and I might be wrong. But I have examined them enought to think that if I am wrong about them then I will not be right about anything in my life. This is the moral code that I judge behaviour by if it is right or wrong.
edit on 20-4-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

edit on 20-4-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

new topics

top topics

join