It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abduction "shock"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The trauma asscociated with alien abduction is all to real,even if the event never actually happened. Self-proclaimed alien abdutcies showed greater signs of physical stress when read 30 seconed transcripts of there experinces were read out to them then voulenteers who admit not to have had any type of ufo/alien experince. Havard University professor Richard McNally carried out the the experiment ,and says the results underscore the power of emotional belief.
"People who sincerely belive they have been abducted by aliens show strikingly similar patterens of emotional and physiogical respone to people who have been traumatize by combat of other similar suitations.

www.blackwellpublishing.com/journals/psci

What do u think? Evidence like this, i think ,has to be at least considered.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
What do you mean evidence? I see it as fact. Something you think is real IS real for you. Otherwise it wouldnt be real, would it?

Whether it is real for everyone else is a completely different matter.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
What do you mean evidence? I see it as fact. Something you think is real IS real for you. Otherwise it wouldnt be real, would it?

Whether it is real for everyone else is a completely different matter.

Well i've never had any experince with alien abduction so i cant say if its real or not. And yes evidence is fact but only the fact that the people in the study showed higher signs of physical stress when confronted with there experinces.

Merkz out..

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
And that's what I mean with its fact. If you THINK it is real, it IS real, whether others believe it or not, or if it had any connection to the real world. Of course they will get stressed if they remember something they THINK is real...

The human brain is so imaginative its unbelivable.

Yeah that's a pretty good sum up of the problem

new topics

top topics

join