It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Classical Masterpiece, Almost Forgotten

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Scheherazade - one of the greatest classical pieces I've ever heard. Tells a story of a prince and a princess in love, separated by an evil ruler who steals the princess away. Based on the story of the Arabian Nights.

Composed by (Nikolai) Rimsky Korsakov and almost forgotten here in the US.

I highly recommend it to anyone who truly loves and appreciates music.

Best rendition is by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

Watch all 5 parts please. Then you should watch the "play" to see the story being told, and the music will have more meaning than you could have imagined. It's like listening to the soundtrack of a movie like "Gladiator" FIRST, then watching the movie.

Enjoy.

~Namaste
edit on 16-4-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

The days when music told stories, when music picked you up and gave you all sorts of emotions, thoughts and amazing inspiration. Thank god we still have it. I have a giant collection of my favourite music. A collection I will never part with. This piece is amongst them. And I agree with you, its amazing but sadly slowly forgotten.

Dont get me wrong, a great part of the music that comes out today is great. I am a big fan of many recent artists such as Ellis Paul, Jonathan Coulton(Highly recommended) and even two or three of Rihannas songs.
But there is something about classical music, that just moves you in ways any other music can not.

If I may add to your thread with personal favourite of mine? A piece that helped me go from mainstream music, and into the discovery of classical music. This piece isnt classical per say, but it moves you like music should.
www.youtube.com...

join