It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-un, has instituted a novel method of executing military officers.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Not to defend the Kim regime or anything, they're wack-a-doos, but is there another source for this story other than the Washington Times, a "newspaper" owned by the Reverand Sun Myung Moon, the chief Moonie, himself?

I honestly would prefer to not get my news about my North Korean wack-a-doos from my South Korean wack-a-doos.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Kind of like when the Vietnam war was going south all of a sudden the Vietnamese people were animals because they were defending their country from an Invader.

Would that have been part of Lyndon Johnsons winning of hearts and minds attempt at rural pacification by providing billions of dollars annually in civil aid or Richard Nixons Vietnamization attempt to empower the Republic of Vietnam to defend their own country by providing billions to fund the training and equipment of the ARVN in addition to concurrent billions in humanitarian assistance?

It would be rather counter-productive to dehumanise the indigenous population of a country where you are trying to sell an increasingly unpopular war to your own countrymen, don't you think?

Many U.S. servicemen returned from a tour in Southeast Asia with a low opinion on some aspects of Vietnamese culture for their own reasons but there was never any effort by the U.S. government to denigrate the Vietnamese peoples for propagandas sake.

Quite the opposite was true.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join