It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Thoughts on The Beginning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If you are an Object spinning in space at infinity kph, and you want to slow down for a bit, where do you start? What speed would that be?

Alternatively, or in conjunction with the above scenario, if you are an Object that weighs infinite kg, and you want to lose some mass?

What if time is infinitely fast and you want to slow things down a bit?

Or if you have unlimited energy and you want to let off some steam, what would that look like?

Just some things of which I was thinking.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You're speaking of pure consciousness, which has the power to manifest and do anything it wants. How it looks though, who knows, it must be beautiful.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dtaonats

I feel like we are at the opposite end of the spectrum. More near to the lowest speed, lightest weight, least amount of energy; and we are slowly moving up. The speed of everything seems to be increasing. Just some things that came to mind while watching:

Remembering the End of the World

edit on 14-4-2012 by ltdan08 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2012 by ltdan08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltdan08
If you are an Object spinning in space at infinity kph, and you want to slow down for a bit, where do you start? What speed would that be?

Alternatively, or in conjunction with the above scenario, if you are an Object that weighs infinite kg, and you want to lose some mass?

Or if you have unlimited energy and you want to let off some steam, what would that look like?

At infinite kph, you would start slowing down at everywhere on your orbit, but then again when you slow down from infinite kph, you won't be able to slow down everywhere, you have to be somewhere spescific because your speed is not infinite, but you started everywhere... so cosmos over heats and there opens a portal that spits colorless rainbows and talking dinosaurs, and not-good-cook-grandmothers. But seriously, your questions are really amazing, I dont think I felt this way for a long time. Consciousness and the way we're able to think is just amazing... I flagged, gave you a star.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltdan08

What if you are not an 'object' in space but the 'space' in which objects appear?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Of this concept and scenario. . .
And the constant knowing of the concept of "death" and the altered states thereafter, I would think that a symbolic gesture of death might occur. Such one example would be to will the decrease is speed and allow the self to fall from orbit, the important part of the ceremony is to define and refine the "place" as a slower version.

To let off steam, might appear as a distant dying star, with a brilliant flash, and a decrease the amount of light you might reflect.

It's a beautiful and inspirational thought you've provided today.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
read and see Poussin's paintings and Leonard De vinci

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How would you perceive infinite and/or unlimited as such?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Your "beginning" seems pretty far down the line (in a development sense) for it to be a beginning, but then you never did specify what this beginning is the beginning of.

Let's just say that a true beginning - of everything, of course - can't involve a highly developed something choosing to do anything at all. That sort of scenario demands that the highly developed something, with the capacity to actually make a choice (which suggests a high degree of sophisticated functionality), be already existent, which cancels out the "beginning" aspect of the scenario by its very presence as part of that scenario.

I anyone wants to really nail down a genesis narrative, then try working one out that doesn't have a choice being offered or made by a thinking being of some sort. And keep in mind that a rock (which isn't a sophisticated something with the capacity to make a decision) is more primitive, not less primitive, than a fully sentient being. This can be easily proven to be true, so it's something that you have to work around when developing your genesis theory. Full sentience isn't primordial. Not if you want your theory to make sense with the reality that exists all around you and inside of you.

You also have to deal with the fact that whatever it was that launched physical reality (and that's the only kind of reality that actually exists - information included, since that's physically existent as well) is still deeply woven into every bit of physical existence. These are the two narrative staples that you have to defer to when putting such a theory together. If you theory clashes with either, then you're just creating another allegorical myth.
edit on 4/16/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

top topics

join