It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Boom Heard Across San Diego County

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

That's a sound minded observation! And it makes as much sense as anything else that's been discussed about these booms. Also makes sense that the noise reported on would take place the day of a thunderstorm if indeed it is some kind of lightning event.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
According to this article, there were a couple of insigificant small quakes near san diego at the time,

ETA correction: I dont think this time matches up with the OP's?

A 1.4 magnitude quake struck Friday April 13, 2012, USGS reports to news, at roughly 8:18 AM PST. The quake was ninety-three miles from San Diego. The quake was north east of town, located closest to Indio, USGS tells news.

The only other quake around that tidme was a 1.9 magnitude quake. But that quake was centered out near Seeley.

source
sorry I cant provide a USGS link

The positive lightening theory sounds plausable.

Or it was a very loud thunder unlike any you've heard in your lifetime up until this point.

AFB sonic boom is also likely.

I've not heard the sounds yet myself.
edit on 13-4-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Other explanations: chaff

Sometimes, a military exercise known as chaff can cause a similar sound.

Strips of metal foil dropped by an aircraft are used to temporarily hide an aircraft from radar detection.

The National Weather Service couldn't confirm if the sound was a result of chaff and an MCAS Miramar official told us he was not aware of possible chaff in the area.

Weather related?

NBC 7 Meterologist Jodi Kodesh looked into it and said there weren't any storm cells near the area producing thunder and lightning at that time.

When lightning strikes, the discharge of energy can be felt 5 to 10 miles away as a rumble or a boom, Kodesh said.

The closest rumble of thunder at the time would have been north of Los Angeles.

nbc news sandiego

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Thanks for the info on that. It sounds like a plausible theory,

It was preceded by a rumble and then got quiet, and the BOOOOOOOOM, which was like 10 lightning strikes all in one short cluster. Then had a moment of rumble after.

I think most lightning is fun, I love lightning. But this was scary stuff. First time in 37 years I heard something like that. Usually I'm outside looking at lightning/thunder. I was ready to hide in my closet after this one LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

My one buddy had a good idea about the booms, he thinks americans went ahead anyways and are digging underground tunnels to steal water from the great lakes.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
i had no clue about positive lightning until this thread! i think i've heard it before and it is NOT pleasant! i tried to find some info about it being on the increase but didn't have any luck. however, since positive lightning is associated with bigger storms that may produce tornadoes or large hail.... it makes sense that it's on the increase since we've been having more powerful storms.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
We had thunder storms today in Escondido which is about 20 miles east of Oceanside. Thunder and lightning started around 3:30pm. Is this what you heard? I hear camp Pendleton bombingall the time here in Escondido. Did you hear the loud booms on the night of 3/30/12? This was passed off as an earthquake but in no way did it feel like an earthquake. It was said to be a magnitude 3.3 at Palomar Mountain. I've been here in SD area for a few years and can tell you that I've never felt or heard anything below a 4.5 earthquake.

3/30/12 earthquake
edit on 13-4-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Silverado292

So far according to the news desk, all the local bases said nothing went super sonic. There's been a state law in effect that maintains no super sonic flights over rural areas,too. So I personally doubt it was a sonic boom. But that's just my opinion, I'm not sure what it was.

Laws were meant to be broken, and like a previous post indicated it would really be a hoot to wake up the neighbors

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
reply to post by sirric

Thanks for the info on that. It sounds like a plausible theory,

It was preceded by a rumble and then got quiet, and the BOOOOOOOOM, which was like 10 lightning strikes all in one short cluster. Then had a moment of rumble after.

I think most lightning is fun, I love lightning. But this was scary stuff. First time in 37 years I heard something like that. Usually I'm outside looking at lightning/thunder. I was ready to hide in my closet after this one LOL

Hi,
What you describe sounds just like a vehicle re entering the atmosphere.
I live in central cal and we were directly below the early shuttle flight path when landing at Edwards. I think they were about 100k feet up when they passed and they had pretty darn loud sonic boom, that was very much like what you describe. A rumble preceded the actual bang and then it tapered off. It was quite different from a localized sonic boom of an aircraft nearby. We also have an airguard base here that has been flying CAP for the west coast since the fifities. And when I was a child they would go supersonic, in the the old f-106's, as soon as they got to the edge of town, when they scrambled. They were only a few thousand feet up and a few miles away and the sonic boom was more of sharp bang than the longer rumbling boom of the shuttle.
And about 15 years ago I was camping at a mountain bike race near lake Isabella and just before dawn there was the loudest sonic boom I've ever heard, it woke up every body there and the ground actually shook and it lasted for a few seconds and was definitely not an earthquake.

It really sounds like an aircraft at high altitude going really fast.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
strange happenings indeed

sanclemente.patch.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Exactly what I thought! I was actually driving at the time and it made my car wobble!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If you haven't heard these boom sounds for yourself stop saying it was lightning and thunder, that's like calling the thousands upon thousands of people who've heard these sounds idiots. I'm pretty sure they've all heard thunder and lightning before.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I live just 18 miles south of you.

I have heard these incredible loud sounds three days in a row.

Something is going on with the Navy out at sea.

Whatever is making this noise sounds unbelievably fast.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I haven't been able to hear anything for the last day because of the wind and the rain, and haven't heard anything recently that would compare to my OP.

Your idea about the navy is also highly plausible. It's all just guesses at this point, no matter what.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by whyamIhere

I haven't been able to hear anything for the last day because of the wind and the rain, and haven't heard anything recently that would compare to my OP.

Your idea about the navy is also highly plausible. It's all just guesses at this point, no matter what.

I was outside when I heard it two days in a row.

It was clear and I couldn't see anything...

There were no sonic booms....It was strange.

I have no clue what it is...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm new here, have only posted one other time.
I just had to comment on this one. I live in San Diego right next to the Airport in Mission Hills. You can see the airport from my living room window. I hear the sonic booms, planes, launches, landings, etc. Last night around 20:00, me and my 2 roommates were outside smoking and we heard a loud, extended rumbling that sounded like a plane departing but was much louder and with much more duration, filling up the entire sky. I didn't think anything about it but my roommate commented on how long it was persisting.

This morning I see on Godlike Productions, the time mentioned and a complete thread about said noise which made me think a little bit more about it. It was out of the ordinary. I don't have any speculation as to what it was, just wanted to share my experience.

Also, yesterday morning... something that may have been unrelated, but maybe related occurred. I was again outside smoking in my back yard, and I hear a thud, and this little sparrow falls to the ground. Poor little thing was gasp for breath and I thought it was dying. I am an animal lover and I started to get upset. I have several cats so I let him jump on my fingers. He was very frightened and was very nervous, still gasping. One of his eyes were blood red, so I am guessing he somehow ran into the wall and fell. I won't get into the rest of the details. I finally put him into a bush and he plunged downward, and that is all I could do. I wish I could've done more--- had to leave for work. Not safe to keep him in my house. Lots of cats everywhere. I hope he made it. The reason why I bring it up, is my first thoughts were that he crashed because of Earths magnetic field and maybe these sounds are related.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Relative.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
you can all keep guessing but ill just tell you what its from. Its voice of god technology, going haywire because of a battle i had with them. Its psychic technology as well, whoever is behind this (aliens or NBEs) perhaps have capabilities to make the sound of nuclear bombs to scare schizophrenics they attack as happened to me months ago. Nobody believes they experience anything real, but now its happening all around the world and soon you will all know how these beings torcher us as well as the system, these being are trapped in machines which force them to be cruel or helpful depending on behavior monitored by psychotronic and other exotic technologies. Do not fear them though, i have control of there crafts to some degree, i cannot specificly manuever them but i can tell them to go to other dimensions or far away. I do not see anyway out right now, ive been trying to make them separate from me with little effect.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I wonder what is up with all these sounds.
I have seen multiple threads on them.
Some threads describe the same sound, others are completely different.

All the videos online that I have been able to find don't provide much insight and the sound quality sucks.
If it's something preternatural I wanna hear it.
If it's something from the depths of the earth I want to hear it.

I'm fascinated by things I don't yet understand.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Another sonic boom apparently today in San Diego.
It was definitely interesting. I live in La Jolla and I thought at first it was an earthquake. Was in my house reading and all of sudden there was a LOUD bang. The house rattled and shook for at least 5 seconds. Everything I have seen online says it was not a earthquake and most likely a sonic boom. Not too sure what it was myself.
edit on 6/29/2012 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/29/2012 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join