It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The imminent end is now closer than you think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Except that it's not.

Am I the only one who is getting tired of seeing doomsday/ascension prophesiers use these terms over and over again with no results?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
How about those threads with misleading prank headlines?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Except that it's not.

Am I the only one who is getting tired of seeing doomsday/ascension prophesiers use these terms over and over again with no results?

The best thing for you to do is take a break from ATS.

Leave for a couple of weeks. Then come back.

If its still the same to you. Then leave forever.

No worries.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
From my point of view, it's going to be a learning experience for many when such doom and gloomy stuff does not take place. But you know, I have a feeling that if people focus on such things, those things will manifest in their lives (law of attraction).

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
so many excellent threads get closed prematurally, yet this is allowed to continue?

mods do your jobs!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to posts by Frankenchrist and jazzguy

This is called the Rant forum for a reason. If you don't like my rant, rant about how you hate my rant, but stop acting like ATS is England and that my freedom of speech should be blocked because of how much it offends you.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I sorry, but who in the hell gave the OP's thread a flag. BTW, we'll all be here in 50 years friend.

Please deny ignorance and poorly done threads.

Take no offense OP, but why not put more effort into it. I'll wait for your "one sentence reply..........."
edit on 13-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Except that it's not.

The best thing for you to do is take a break from ATS.

Leave for a couple of weeks. Then come back.

If its still the same to you. Then leave forever.

No worries.

Great advice. I went through that phase and endured a period of disillusionment myself. Seeing ATS purely as a source of entertainment might be an approach that works for you...and don't take anything too seriously. Cheers.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BULLPIN

I have fun with it now. And focus on the information that interests me the most. There are some members out there that post cool stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
How about those threads with misleading prank headlines?

I'm not sure if that was irony, or sarcasm, or what have you... BUT I LIKED IT!

ummmm... i truly try hard not to do this... but... "2nd"
edit on 13-4-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

reply to posts by Frankenchrist and jazzguy

This is called the Rant forum for a reason. If you don't like my rant, rant about how you hate my rant, but stop acting like ATS is England and that my freedom of speech should be blocked because of how much it offends you.

WHOA! Now we're England bashing? What the...

Does the idea of a 'Rant' thread imply the notion that such offensive and demeaning statements can be made? If this is so, then let me have a crack at it.

Your 'Rant' is less successful and poorly put together than the rocket that North Korea recently attempted launching!

Fail!

EDIT: To the MODS: I apologize if that was taking it too far, I thought it was acceptable, for the statement was made "...rant about how you hate my rant"
edit on 13-4-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

This is the Rant forum. Ranting is what it's all about, which is why I made it in this forum and nowhere else. I've seen people rant about America constantly on ATS, so why is England suddenly off-limits?

To be fair, I was actually planning on making this huge rant about different specific persons who promote the topic title's trigger words/phrases (imminent, end, now, closer than you think, etc.), but I knew the kind of responses come on the Rant forum, so I thought I'd just throw out my little rant and see if anybody agreed. Apparently, most people in this thread are mad that it's too short or, apparently, too offensive and have yet to actually address the content of the question itself.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
....but maybe it is??

it's nothing to rant over, life is too short. ironically, so yes, the imminent end is closer than you think, but only for you, and me, not us, as a whole.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

This is the Rant forum. Ranting is what it's all about, which is why I made it in this forum and nowhere else. I've seen people rant about America constantly on ATS, so why is England suddenly off-limits?

To be fair, I was actually planning on making this huge rant about different specific persons who promote the topic title's trigger words/phrases (imminent, end, now, closer than you think, etc.), but I knew the kind of responses come on the Rant forum, so I thought I'd just throw out my little rant and see if anybody agreed. Apparently, most people in this thread are mad that it's too short or, apparently, too offensive and have yet to actually address the content of the question itself.

I truly don't take any offense to your comment about England, I just thought it was kind of a cheap shot. Was sort of joking when I made that comment.

In regards to the OP, I 100% agree...

The sensationalism and speaking in terms of extremes is getting a little old. Some people are adopting the means of presenting information that MSM has been playing off of for years. A lot of people like to talk like they are prophets or something to that effect, which is just silly. Some of the worse ones have to do with religion and also prophecy, although they seemingly go hand and hand.

Either way, I think it's time for you to reply with your long rant to satisfy the hunger of those drooling over the potential to replying with a rebuttal/rant of their own.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
just take a rest boy..have vacationn nice dream Etc..GBU

new topics

top topics

join